Have you ever looked at real grass and foliage and said Wow. Or do you only do that in Videogames?

kenjigreat

Every time I hear people talk about flat 2D grass in games I actually wonder if people care about grass in real life.

Just now, kenjigreat said:

Every time I hear people talk about flat 2D grass in games I actually wonder if people care about grass in real life.

we DONT GIVE A FUCK

thats the problem with outside

the graphics are amazing, but the developer didnt do anything interesting with them, and the story SUCKS

it sucks HARD

Real life has a low-poly count and i'm still waiting on mod support from the developer but i think they've abandoned the project.

So, yes i do appreciate grass and foliage more in video games.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

1 minute ago, Josephdalepi said:

we DONT GIVE A FUCK

thats the problem with outside

the graphics are amazing, but the developer didnt do anything interesting with them, and the story SUCKS

it sucks HARD

Yea but you have the same amount of interaction with grass in videogames and real life. 

Most of the time you just walk by and look at it.

Yea but you have the same amount of interaction with grass in videogames and real life. 

In video games I hide in it too

dont do that in real life

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

was making a joke, man

but grass is tasty

Reality is great for those who take the time to truly think about it. That's the reason I don't really drink much or do any sort of drugs. I don't really feel the need to. Reality is far more interesting to those who bother to search the many layers of it than any false world.

But it's f*cking cold at the moment so time for some Skyrim.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Just now, Admiral Naismith said:

Reality is great for those who take the time to truly think about it. That's the reason I don't really drink much or do any sort of drugs. I don't really feel the need to. Reality is far more interesting to those who bother to search the many layers of it than any false world.

But it's f*cking cold at the moment so time for some Skyrim.

Honestly though I was thinking if we applied mod logic to real life. The world will be filled grass and trees as far as the eye can see. Free from pollution and global warming.

We'll also be looking at everything with judder and lag thanks to framerate drops.

1 minute ago, Admiral Naismith said:

That's the reason I don't really drink much or do any sort of drugs. I don't really feel the need to. Reality is far more interesting to those who bother to search the many layers of it than any false world.

Good job; you like the vanilla version and widen your asshole to the developer who's just as bad as Bethesda.

Just because some of us choose to use mods, like Cocaine, doesn't mean our game is any less legit than yours.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

6 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

Good job; you like the vanilla version and widen your asshole to the developer who's just as bad as Bethesda.

Just because some of us choose to use mods, like Cocaine, doesn't mean our game is any less legit than yours.

Some users mod til They BSOD

I, love seeing trees in real life VR! Its so immersive! And dem grass, oh da grass ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Groomlake Authority

I do enjoy both types of grass. My brother in laws lawn was immaculate and i did say wow because its hard to grow stuff in 45 (celsius) degree heat and maintain it 

No I don't go 'wow' in real life.

BUT.

I don't like my games to look like crap, when a game uses a flat grass texture for the ground, with little or no 'ground clutter', it looks bloody horrible, and ill point it out. So I do care about 3d grass in games, but not because i'm like 'WOW!', its simply to stop the game looking shit.

Don't get me wrong, games of the past that I've really enjoyed look like crap nowadays, but it was the best that could be done back then. I really liked Soul Reaver, but if I try play it today it looks like ASS. back when it released it was great, and I didn't fault the graphics.

I can fault a game today that is using flat textures because its most definably possible to do much more.

Graphic fidelity isn't the be all end all of game development, but it sure as hell helps, especially when it shows a game has been made purposely from scratch for the PC platform. When a game comes out with limitations, poor visuals, and overall poor performance, it reeks of console port.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Most of the time grass annoys the shit out of me in games, especially games with tiny item drops that the grass hides from you.

Foliage in games isn't really impressive because most of the time it's a pixelated nightmare of 2D planes thrown into a blender. Sometimes it can be nice but I'm more impressed by actual environments, not just grass and bushes. If that shit blows in the wind though, that's another story.

Maybe not grass specifically, but I do appreciate nice scenery and picturesque views in real life.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Real grass has always been the same so it's usually not very exciting. I say wow in video games because it looks real. Also the more saturated colours also makes everything look better.

i5 4670 | Asrock Fatal1ty H87 | G.Skill 16GB snipars | Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce | CM 690 III | 850 Evo 250GB + 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Seasonic G-750 | Logitech G502 | AKG K553 | Windows 10

51 minutes ago, LoreBeast said:

I do enjoy both types of grass. My brother in laws lawn was immaculate and i did say wow because its hard to grow stuff in 45 (celsius) degree heat and maintain it 

How the fuck does one even manage to live somewhere where it gets 45C.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I had a friend who stared at the grass for like an hour one summer day.  He got angry when we interrupted him.  He swears he could see it growing.

Then again, we were on LSD at the time.  :)

Not going to lie I've looked and foliage before and thought about how far away we still are from recreating that level of detail in games, same thing has happened about a lot of other things. Obviously just a passing thought though, grass and leaves aren't that interesting, smoke on the other hand is more interesting. You can take some sick god ray style pictures in the woods when the sun pokes through the smoke, no worries and framerate drops either haha.

I look at nature all the time and say "wow", which sometimes is a good "wow" other times a disgusted/etc "wow".

Even for grass.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I did that for trees when I first played Skyrim. I legitimately thought the graphics were amazing and so lifelike before realizing that it was real life. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, kenjigreat said:

I sure think grass is amazing to grow in mid febuary in canada

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004