What's your go-to PC game?

tcolecruz

Skyrim/ Fallout New Vegas. Always playing both of them. Usually gets me into the situation where I am never finishing games though.

Civilization or This War of Mine.

But recently, I'm getting really good at just picking up games I have that I've never played and just giving them a go.  Actually cracked open Zombi yesterday and was actually pleasantly surprised at how much nicer is it than the Wii U version (which I also have but never finished).

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

My go to games?
As in All Time Favourites, or if I get really bored of everything?

For now whenever I'm bored of any game, then I'm playing other boring games.
That'd be GTA Online (reddit.com/r/gtav_cruises) occasionally and BF3/4 with a friend.

But I got fairly bored of both at the minute.

I'm putting all my hopes of reviving my gaming habits in Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I'm really hyping that game up in my head, and it will become my new GTA Online until I finish everything.

That was also Witcher 3, but I have just finished HoS and now I'm too lazy to finish up all the other quests. (I'm on New Game+)

It's all just meh right now.

The Witness is more annoying than interesting,
Battlefield is just a rage-making machine recently, also boring. BF2 type tactics won't come back.
Played and modded Skyrim, I got out of that loop. 
Hated FO4 that ending just made me format my whole C:/ drive.

Dirt:Rally is actually pretty good, but being forced to finish up the season made me just throw the game into bunk shelf, I'll finish it when I get a stroke of wow this is in my library.
Shadow of Mordor, couldn't finish it - too repetitive when I got to the second area

Insurgency - if you just randomly want to start playing it again, unless you get a good team you'll just ALT+F4.

It's just all MEH.

I actually need to get back to Cities Skyline. That was pretty good, until I flooded my town with feces river by accident

And maybe Rocket League. Rocket League wouldn't be bad.

FlatOut/FlatOut 2

The guys at Bugbear are Gods amongst men, in my eyes. 

It's good on console too, but PC version is better, strictly for the controls. 

47 minutes ago, GigaSnow said:

FlatOut/FlatOut 2

The guys at Bugbear are Gods amongst men, in my eyes. 

It's good on console too, but PC version is better, strictly for the controls. 

FlatOut 2 was my favorite game on PS2... guess I'm gonna find that today!

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ

5 minutes ago, Codyman125 said:

FlatOut 2 was my favorite game on PS2... guess I'm gonna find that today!

I think it's on Steam?

It's really fun on the PC, especially with a quality steering wheel.

33 minutes ago, GigaSnow said:

I think it's on Steam?

It's really fun on the PC, especially with a quality steering wheel.

It's $1.49.... YOINK

Generally I just play whatever is new, (xcom 2 right now) but other than that I always fall back on dayz and arma.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

1 hour ago, Codyman125 said:

It's $1.49.... YOINK

Wow, that's a lot cheaper than I was expecting. Granted, I'm a Steam newbie so I'm still trying to sort it all out for myself.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts about it in comparison to the PS2 version. I have the boxed version at my parents house that I need to go get.

I just started Ori and the Blind Forest.  Easy to pick up and play for just a few minutes at a time if you don't have lots of time to play.  Of course I say that, but I have looked up at the clock after what seemed like 15 minutes only to find out that an hour went by.  I highly recommend if you like platformers (heck I'm not big on platformers and I still love this game).

On 2/8/2016 at 2:42 PM, GigaSnow said:

Wow, that's a lot cheaper than I was expecting. Granted, I'm a Steam newbie so I'm still trying to sort it all out for myself.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts about it in comparison to the PS2 version. I have the boxed version at my parents house that I need to go get.

It's not bad. can't get it to work with my controller though, and it isn't exactly great to play on a keyboard

Dota 2 and NBA 2k. 

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Currently just Fallout 4. It's usually a Fallout game or GTA game.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Virtual pool 4, perfect Golf. 

These are games i just throw on while I'm watching TV, that don't require massive amounts of concentration to play, I'll also throw PES on when i'm bored too, i can just zone out playing that.

Sometimes ill just explore on GTA5 i find that just chills me out.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

On 2/8/2016 at 5:09 AM, razor767 said:

Recently it's been:

Anno 2070

Don't Starve 

Rocket League

Team Fortress 2 

Rocket league is super fun, but I'm so bad at it that every good save/shot I make is an accident xD

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

5 hours ago, BrownMinotaur said:

I just started Ori and the Blind Forest.  Easy to pick up and play for just a few minutes at a time if you don't have lots of time to play.  Of course I say that, but I have looked up at the clock after what seemed like 15 minutes only to find out that an hour went by.  I highly recommend if you like platformers (heck I'm not big on platformers and I still love this game).

My friend keeps saying good things about it, and I love platformers. I will surely give it a try.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

On 2/8/2016 at 8:54 AM, raendeu said:

My go to games?
As in All Time Favourites, or if I get really bored of everything?

For now whenever I'm bored of any game, then I'm playing other boring games.
That'd be GTA Online (reddit.com/r/gtav_cruises) occasionally and BF3/4 with a friend.

But I got fairly bored of both at the minute.

I'm putting all my hopes of reviving my gaming habits in Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I'm really hyping that game up in my head, and it will become my new GTA Online until I finish everything.

That was also Witcher 3, but I have just finished HoS and now I'm too lazy to finish up all the other quests. (I'm on New Game+)

It's all just meh right now.

The Witness is more annoying than interesting,
Battlefield is just a rage-making machine recently, also boring. BF2 type tactics won't come back.
Played and modded Skyrim, I got out of that loop. 
Hated FO4 that ending just made me format my whole C:/ drive.

Dirt:Rally is actually pretty good, but being forced to finish up the season made me just throw the game into bunk shelf, I'll finish it when I get a stroke of wow this is in my library.
Shadow of Mordor, couldn't finish it - too repetitive when I got to the second area

Insurgency - if you just randomly want to start playing it again, unless you get a good team you'll just ALT+F4.

It's just all MEH.

I actually need to get back to Cities Skyline. That was pretty good, until I flooded my town with feces river by accident

And maybe Rocket League. Rocket League wouldn't be bad.

Thanks for the huge response xD I played Fallout 4 for about 50 hrs and got kinda bored with it, but I want to get into GTA V. Thanks forr the reccomendations

7 hours ago, Codyman125 said:

It's not bad. can't get it to work with my controller though, and it isn't exactly great to play on a keyboard

I've never played it with a keyboard, only a wheel.

If you can find an older compatible one, I'd highly reccommend it.

The Jedi Knight series, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are extremely fun online

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

WoW is a staple in my gaming diet, not as enthusiastic as i was about it many years ago but its a nice game to fall back on when there isn't anything decent out there on the horizon. 

I play so much civ v and BE that I don't even like it any more lol

CSGO 

COD 4

Fallout (any of them)

Skyrim

Resident Evil (any)

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

I find myself continually going back to DotA 2 no matter how hard I try to like another game, I played ARK for about 400 hours, but found myself a little bored and went right into Dota again.

Now I've picked up Killing Floor, Guardians of Orion, and RoboCraft - hoping I can get over my addiction hah

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.