Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I would love one of these SSD's to put in my home desktop which currently only sports a 1TB WD Black and nothing more for storage! The boot times are atrocious (although I don't reboot too often), and I'm looking for an excuse to do a nice clean install of Windows 10.

Bought SSD few weeks back, so better performance than old HDD. Now its full and its time to upgrade, but no money ;)  hope you will send it to me :D

I want an SSD because it takes me a long time to open up applications on my PC.

I am currently building my first custom pc, I design video games, however I have to work on these away from home as I only have a laptop and a small budget. Having a SSD will greatly improve productivity with this system that i am building, quicker boot times and quicker data transfer when switching between files, also rendering would be sped up because where it updates the cached file with a SSD it can update quicker making the total time of the render much quicker. 

I would be very insanely grateful if I was too win this.

Kind Regards

Ollie

I would really like to get a new ssd for my computer. I started out my current build with about 200 U.S. dollars, and have made upgrades since then to gaming-ready components for everything but my 160gb hard drive. Needless to say, with Google Chrome, Origin, and only 3 games (one of them is Titanfall-57gb!), my pc is down to less than 20 gb of storage. Money for me is a bit tight, and will likely stay that way for a while, so a new ssd would be a great upgrade to have right now if I want to get any new games anytime soon(Not to mention that my pc is starting to get sluggish with such little space left). Any additional storage helps. 

System specs:

Asrock B-350 ITX/AC Gaming motherboard

AMD R5 1600 

WD Black 2TB SN750 NVMe SSD 

Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM 3.5in HDD

24GB (16gb +8gb) Patriot Viper 3000Mhz DDR4 memory

XFX RX 5500 xt Thicc II Pro

I think I should win the SSD because I'm building my first computer and I'm working hard to get the parts. If I win the SSD it will be awesome because is gonna help me a lot it the budget side and its gonna help me load my games and programs faster. SSD's are not mechanical, make less noise, smaller, faster and they have an amazing design. Everything about this SSD is wat I need.  

-Kevin

I'd like to upgrade my old laptop's 2.5" hard drive with one of these sweet SSDs seeing as my current situation takes about 3 minutes just to boot up :dry:

everyone should have an ssd because lets face it other than having a high speeed System you well also brag about it and go like: " yeah i won that ssd for free at linustechtips forums because i know so much about computers and stuff thats why they chose me to have it im pretty popular over there~".

and yea..! it would help me alot too , i study architecture and i use all sorts of software from autodesk and a speed boost would be really nice! (that goes for gaming aswell!).

Because life is too short to wait 2 minutes for your sister's crappy laptop to boot up so you can troubleshoot her wifi issues!

15 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I would love to win this ssd so I could add it to my budget build. I currently have a 60gb ssd and it easily fills up. I have less than a Gb left with basic programs on it xD. If I'm honest I would save a bit of money on each component whiles building a pc so I could have an ssd. The speed difference is enormous. 3.5 hdds are terrible compared to an ssd and it's cool that this ssd has such an amazing read and write speed. If your building a pc 100% get an ssd. This needs to be factored into the price without a doubt. Good luck everyone!

I have a 5400 rpm hard drive in my old Dell Dimension E520 from 2007 running Windows XP and I would very much love to speed up boot times and general usage speed. This PC is quite old and I've been working on upgrading it slowly, but a 240 gb ssd would be a much-needed upgrade.

Thanks,

Gasher_13 

My Grandma's computer has managed to kill off 2 hard drives in the past year. So this SSD would be great for her and hopefully last a long time.

17 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Really wanna a new ssd and wanted to get into gaming. Yes I realize that ssd's dont improve performance in games to much but they really help with boot times. Everyone should have an ssd as the speed is incredible and can make game start times, application running, and boot up times way faster. (secretly i have a hdd and wanted a boot ssd but could not afford)

I missed a deal on a $65 BX100 and am desperately in need of a SSD. BB also sold out of sub-100 SSDs, and I've got a GC sitting there being useless, so going SSD-less until something happens.

Oh boy it would sure be nice to have an SSD, with read/write exceeding 100mb/s. I dont have an SSD, all i have in my system is 1TB 7200rpm hard drive. It seems like im more than 7 generations behind. It take my computer about 10 minutes to boot :(. it would sure be nice to have an SSD, seeing how i cant afford one.

I really, really, I mean REALLY need a SSD to speed up my system and reduce power usage.  I have a Sata 6Gbs MB, and I only have Sata 3Gbs drives and my SSD is a 8MB IDE interface from eons ago and my new MB does not support PATA.  I just ordered a Sata DVD Writer for crying out loud.  I'm only half American.  I have cousins in Canada. Ok, I'm half British, RIght of abode and all that.  Yeah, 8MB SSD IDE... OLD... ANCIENT SCHOOL...

15 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

I need this SSD as a really good  gift to my gf for valentine's day. Please Apacer pick me :3 you can make 2 people happy with one gift <3

I am new to computer building and am trying to save up money to build my first PC =D. SSds are expensive so I'm just going to go with a Hard drive. It would awesome if I could win this SSD since It would be my first time ever to get any kind of computer part one without buying one. I personally got into wanting to build a PC because it was way more interesting than just going the store and getting a pre-built PC. Actually building something that works and works great gives you a sense of accomplishment =D. I think everyone should have a SSD in their system to help boot it up faster if they shut it down other than hibernating or putting it to sleep. Otherwise all I know about SSDs are from what others say and from LinusTechTips. 

I am trying to give my computer a pretty make over before i go to college and a SSD would be the perferct thing for it. I'd just migrate my OS, apps and some games. 

My little computer, getting its own 240 SSD, *wipes tear* it's growing up so fast.

ta

I would love an SSD to replace my 500GB hardrive in my PC that is slowly dying, and I think that solid state technology is freaking awesome, with no moving parts and being able to fit ridiculously large amounts of the memes into a very small space can only help evolve the human race faster, especially as with the SSDs we can load this pictures even faster.

I'm all set for storage right now actually; please give them to some of these more desperate users; everyone deserves an SSD!  It's not 1992 any more...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I've just built my own computer with almost no budget for storage