Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I have a corsair force LS 60gb ssd. Though I can fit windows and skyrim on it, there's not much room for anything. My student budget doesn't really allow for another considering the price/GB. This ssd would be a great boost to the performance of my build. I think everyone should have an ssd because I know the struggle and annoyance of having to wait for your computer to boot off a mechanical HDD and having to wait to actually use the computer lag free after booting. No one should have to suffer this when ssds exist. No on:)!!!. So, yeah I'd definitely like to win one of these ssds. Please and thank you

10 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Everyone needs faster boot times.... Right..... SSDMasterace

In a attempt to reclaim my computer from my wife I built her one of her own. I used a New AMD A6, New MSI mATX (only paid $50USfor both), Old Vengeance 2133ram, Old R7 250 and a OLD ASS 250G HHD I had laying around. BUT, to my dismay My wife still prefer using mine "because it's faster.". I'm using a 500G Evo 840 SSD on mine and with the speed of a SSD (I can't afford) I just might be able to play my games in peace.  

I only have 500 gb WD hard drive and of course it's full, but I actually never seen yet alone own an SSD.
So I think it's about time I leave stone age:P

I was running off of my system when it decided to start acting up. Days of testing later, a large sum of money lost on useless hardware and I discover the issue is the motherboard. Now the system is defective to the point where it's unusable and I don't have the money to just go out and replace it. Utilizing the components from my previous rig I created a system so I can continue to have a functioning computer while I save up money. However this system uses a 500GB WD blue 5400RPM drive and going from a SSD back to mechanical (5400RPM at that) it is just ungodly slow. An SSD would be extremely useful to restore the performance I once had. (I cannot use the one in my now dead computer because of the system files and other information stored on it.)

My storage is in need of an upgrade.  A 250GB would be perfect as a boot drive and would be able to store more programs than my old 120GB Samsung.

I would like a new ssd one to replace my 80gig boot drive that is full of bloated files. 

I am currently using a single 1TB Caviar Blue for my boot drive and storage on my budget gaming rig, budget being the key word. I think that SSDs are the way forward as far as boot drives go and will, hopefully sooner rather than later, replace HDDs as mass storage as well. Definitely wouldn't mind getting my meat hooks on one of these drives.

Hello all! Currently i have a 120gb Kingston ssd for storage and that's it. I had a 1t wd blue as well but my buddy's hard drive failed so i gave mine to him. With this ssd I could expand my gaming collection and perhaps finally put some of my music collection on it as well. ACDC for life

I would like a new ssd because My 90G one i purchase 4 years ago is full and running of the some stuff of the other drive can be very slow.  I fell that everyone should upgrade to ssd, because it would help drive costs down more and storage space to go up.  Also, allow companies to invest in developing even faster drives.

Now that I have been done over by Windows 10 my system lags and has a number of issues with Transfer speed. My physical drive really is not cutting it anymore. I would love to build a new PC but, not really an option at this point. Looking at doing a reinstall of the system at this point. It would be very nice to be able to do it on an SSD as I do like to game when I am able and, lag, crash, in this aging system ( though not out of date 960 intel, Rampage III, 770 NVIDIA) still has life. I thank you for all that you do to make the PC world a better place. May your hardware always sing your praises and never fail and always back up. Always a fan stay cool.

10 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I would like to have one of those SSD's because I'm building PC and actually don't have a HDD ether :/

Wish me luck

Why ? Because I need more space. my 240GB drive is nowhere near enough!

everyone should have ssd's in their systems because ssd's are the way to the future. or something like that. its probably more nvme ssd's, but other ones are good too

My intel 520 120GB is getting a tad full and I'm looking into either getting another 120 g ssd for raid 0 or a 240gb ssd

Everyone should have one! Read?write times are insane if compared to HD drives. They can get your work done a lot faster ! We've switched our server drives with ssd's and now a task of saving/opening/working on a 3D cad file (NX 9.0) are down significantly. They dropped to a point when no one has any "spare loading time" to make coffee :D Future baby !

I'm not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread, but you have to admit, it's faster to make a sandwich with sliced bread than it is uncut.

Same thing with SSD's. it's faster than a HDD, less user input needed to keep it running smooth and fast. less user input needed to make the sandwich.

So that's my reason why people, and I need/want and SSD, we all moved from uncut to sliced bread, and the world thinks it's a good move, why shouldn't SSD's get the same prestige?

:)

because i dont have enough memory for my games :( . you should do a fan giveaway xD... rip thermals

1 VAC ban(s) on record Info

0 day(s) since last ban                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Well, i just recently got in to PC building (I'm 14) and found the LTT channel. It's a great resource for me! The main reason i want an SSD is because i'm doing my very first build soon and it would be a great help. Honestly everyone should have an SSD, even just as a boot drive minimum. They are slowly getting cheaper and making HDD's obsolete tech.

Few algorithms and researchs have been done to take advantage of the ssds. I want to start doing those, but first I need one driver.

Thanks Linus Media Group and Panther for doing this giveaway.

Need one for my laptop to be usable can't stand the extremely slow loading times of 5400rpm drives.

Because a SSD would be a great replacement for my HDD in my noisy notebook.