Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I built a computer for myself when I headed off to college. I am currently in my second year here, and still loving my computer. My only downside is that I wish that I had installed a ssd instead of only mechanical drives. My computer starts up super slow (around 3-4 minutes after switched on). Also, since i built my own case for my computer, it would have been nice to have a ssd for the size as well. It is a small form factor and the added size of the mechanical drives does not help.

I also just finished a project computer for my girlfriend. I purchased an intel 120 GB ssd for her computer, and it makes a massive difference. It is able to start from a cold boot in around 8-10 seconds. Her computer is also in a case that I fabricated myself out of wood. It took a long time, but was extremely worth it. All in all, everyone should have a ssd in their system in order to massively improve boot speeds.

Good luck to everyone who is entering to win!

I'd love an ssd as I'm still surviving in the dark ages of mechanical drives!! I've looked into ssd but haven't been able to afford one yet! Joys of college life. Also ssd's are awesome says all research I've found so go ssd!

I'm building my first desktop right now and I love the boot time increase that SSD's have. My current laptop has an SSD and it's a HUGE improvement over the last one that didn't have one. If everyone had SSD's then there would be lot less time waiting, fewer drive failures and happier consumers. 

11 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I do not have any SSD and my boot speed is suppppeeeerrrr slow, and for a gamer, have no SSD means the loading time on games gonna be for ever.

Ok for the record I just want one so basically I should win one :D 

keep up the videos guys been watching a while and really enjoy the comical outlook you guys have.

I just have a 120 gb ssd, with no games on it, and I'm looking into getting a new one, so if I win this would save me a lot of money

I currently do not own an SSD, but I've been wanting to get one for some time now. the only thing really preventing that is the cost of decent capacity, quality built SSDs. I would love to be able to boot my OS off of one of these.

I would like an ssd, since my hard drive is sooo slow, it bottlenecks my download speeds!!!!!

I have a 60GB SSD in my server which keeps running out of space because of transcoding requirements. I could move it, but I'd like it on a fast SSD.

I would love to throw my 5400rpm HD away. 

Having had a few SSDs and trying out a few nice ones, I can say that its the component that really speeds up your computer in terms of loading, reboot and startup times. Sure you could say that a new graphics card could do this and being somewhat certain, it could but thats for when you're actually in a game or a program that needs it and it doesnt improve the overall loading times of said program or game. I really do think that the  limiting factor in modern PC computing power is a mechanical hard drive. Thats why I totally recommend PC enthusiasts out there to buy a SSD and enjoy the change that it brings to you PC. 

Current PC build: - CASE:Sentey cyclone gs7000 - CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K - CPU COOLER:Corsair Hydro H80i Noctua NH-D15 - MOTHERBOARD:Asus P8Z68-V PRO - RAM:Gskill Ripjaws X Ddr3 32gb 1600mhz (2x8gb+8gb+8gb) - VIDEO:MSI GTX 680 lightning MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X - SOUND:Asus Xonar DG - PSU:Topower powerbird 1100w - SSD:Gskill Phoenix 3 240gb - SSD:Crucial MX200 500gb - SSD:Crucial MX300 750gb - HDD:WD Blue 500 GB SATA HDD ( WD5000AAKX) - Samsung internal optical drive

I would love to win this SSD because I want to be able to store more of my important files on something more trustworthy than my 3TB HDD that i currently have. My current SSD is more just a boot drive and I have already neared its capacity. Plus it would be awesome to have a fast drive to use for things like my favorite games, editing my GoPro videos and more. I think everyone should have an SSD as a boot drive because they are far superior to HDD in speed and performance as well as for any other tasks! Thanks Apacer for the giveaway and good luck to everyone!!

I need an SSD because I don't have an SSD, I only have a 1TB hard drive and my computer boots up slow. If I had this SSd my computer would boot up faster and I could do my work faster and more efficient. I should get this SSd because most of the people who entered this contest already have one but I don't have it and I don't have enough money to buy one :(

My current SSD continuously runs on the edge of being full, and I can just barely have a triple A game on it, besides my OS.

I've been looking to upgrade most(!) of my PC for a while now, and along with a new graphics card(but I'm waiting for next gen), Processer(saving for that one) and a new motheboard(changing sockets), a bigger boot drive is really something I'd like. I do however live in Denmark, so shipping makes it seem unlikely. Still wanted to post though :) .

... and you guys rock, no ass kissing intended.

I need an SSD because my laptop is running on a HDD which takes ages to load.

My 120GB SSD is too short, and everyone deserves the sweet taste of a really big, Solid, SD.

SSDs are all about that quick load time. Be it startup or in games I want one to literally save cumulative days of my life while I still can.

I haven't got an SSD but was planning to get one, as far as I can see this SSD it pretty good! My pc's bottleneck is honestly the HDD, I have one from around 2006 and another from 2009 still in my computer. Goodluck to you all!

though im saving for a ssd guessing this shortcut would let me put money somewhere else rgb light strips anyone

I would love one of these ssd's because my current system despite being resobly powerful is ssdless and the only storage I have is a very old rather bad seagate hard drive that takes around 10 years to power up my system. 

Finally I believe everyone should have an ssd so no one has to suffer through having to turn on there computer 20 minutes before they want to use it. 

Thank you

The laptop is begging me for an ssd and at the moment it seems that ssd is the future and everyone should start to have at least an ssd for boot.

11 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

Everyone should have boot SSD I would love a new one to replace my old 120G SSD.

I really need this because my last one in my pc died and I have not allot of money to buy a new one. It would be awesome if I would win one of these to replace the one that was in there! :D Also everyone should have an SSD in their system or else it will be real slooooooooooow.