Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I don't have an SSD and never have ahd an SSD so it would be awesome to have one and everyone should have one as a boot device, becouse it's faster smaller and better!

Joonizz

I want a SSD so because they are very expensive here.

Everyone needs an SSD, how else are you gonna bash onto console peasants about how faster your computer boots compared to their outdated gaming systems?

I would love an SSD and here is why. I've been using a mid-range 2011 gaming laptop to play games on for the last 4 1/2 years. I recently decided to build my first PC so that I can play modern games. I would love to include an SSD however being on a budget it's hard to fit it in. I've never actually used an SSD but in all my research on the topic of building a PC everyone seems to recommend one. If I got one of these I would be able to have an SSD without sacrificing performance or storage capacity. 

P.S. To Linus Tech Tips. I love the channel, just recently learned about it. People around the internet seem to respect your knowledge. I especially like the Tech Quickie videos you do.

every modern computer needs an ssd ... atleast for the boot drive.  it's agonizing how long it takes non-ssd drives to boot.

SSDs are the single best way to increase the speed of a computer, yes it wont help much in games, but it makes everything else just seem faster! I would love to have an SSD for my desktop, for i am but a poor college student :(

11 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I don't have an SSD and I have two possible uses. Id like to put it in my Tower I just built over the fall. Itd make boot times faster and , I wouldnt need it for game performance, But I turn my tower off at night (both for lifespan increase, but more importantly some lights dont turn off in sleep and its in my bedroom).    So boot time and loading up certain programs at start could be faster.     If not for that then I would like to shove it in an old laptop that I'll boot as my dedicated linux machine (for school, im in Bachelor Of Computer Science). The SSD should help speed it up and Ill also add ram to it.

It's quiet, lower energy consumption (usually), is waaaayyy faster than a regular HDD, more resilient to drops, and potentially longer life span. Better in literally every option, except $/GB, but not when it's FRREEEEEEE!!

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

Would love a new SSD. Only have 20GB free on my 2 drives combined. Hope I win!

CPU: i7 6700k | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V @ 2400mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr | Case: Corsair 300r windowed | Storage: 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Monitor: BenQ xl2420z | Cooler: Corsair h60 | Sound: Astro A40 | Mouse: Razer Taipan | OS: Win 8.1 | PCPartPicker Link: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/xV7tZL

I have a 120GB Sandisk Z400s ssd which is 98% full so I am having to use an old sata 2 hard drive from 2008 that I found, which happens to be the same capacity. I think I really would benefit from having an extra ssd as it would mean that I don't have to wait a minute or so for office to load so I can work on my coursework. It would be greatly appreciated. 

I haven't had an ssd in my system at all :( And i have been too cheap to by one because in happy with my current load and boot times. An SSD would still be a nice add to my system :D 

Would love to have an extra storage place for those offline AAA titles.

Everyone should have one solely for that reason!

I would love an ssd to add to my system, I don't have one as of now and the boot times are a pain. 

I've been working with my lower end laptop to speed up boot times and increase overall performance, so a new SSD would be the perfect upgrade!

I would like to get one for my brother, he is still running a single HDD.

WIth how common SSDs are getting, everyone should have one for their system for the performance boost and responsiveness.

Need a new SSD because my Kingston V300 (ew) 120GB is filled up, with only my OS, a few programs and CS:GO installed on it, and would love another drive to store games on and improve my editing efficiency :)

After my first build I came to love the magnificent speed that SSD's gave over HDD's. Being a prized computer component due to cost and space sizes I limit what programs are worthy enough to be installed upon the SSD, and as one could imagine this has caused quite the uproar from the non-worthy. Now, all I ask is for more space so that once again my beautiful PC can run in peace and harmony. 

The only constraint of my system is a dodgy LiteON SSD... This would truly make up for my recently defunct Galaxy gear 1 as to alleviate the pain...

I want a new SSD because I am about to build my first computer! Unfortunately, I don't have the money in my budget to add an SSD, and am eager to start playing all of my game at above 20 frames per second (Yes, I do indeed get 15-20fps on CS:GO!), woo! Although I love cinematic 24fps, I would prefer something just a tad faster, and load up my games extra fast!

Because I've run out of space on my SSD.

I dont have  SSd but i would love to test the sata 3 controlesr from amazon with that nice looking drive> I'm starting a youtube channel so i need ssd. winning this would really help me :) And I got one question : How I can install windows on the ssd pluged in to the stat 3 controller when i can't install drivers for that controller because i dont have installed system? Can I install the drivers in BIOS?

Here's a capture of a benchmark of my current SSD. 500MB/s+ read/write sounds sooo nice haha.

Crappy SSD.PNG