Polaris 11 - 1500€ customs value card spotted! [zauba listing info&3dcenter info]

Tic-Tac

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Those 3Dcenter news are from yesterday though.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

I think those codenames are incorrect though, C981 should be Polaris 11 and C920s Polaris 10. AMD already had Polaris 11 chips at Computex and the Zauba data for C981 matches it. C990s are most likely Vega 10 as that is the high end GPU and it will launch later than the Polaris chips.

Considering AMD showcased a working model back in December, this is hardly news. Also since Samsung just announced production of HBM 2 this January, after the Polaris test cards were out, and the fact that AMD has priority access to SK Hynix' HBM (due to their partnership in inventing the damn thing), I'd say it's safe to say that Polaris uses SK Hynix modules, not Samsung's.

I am however as excited as you are OP :D

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

33 minutes ago, Link4 said:

I think those codenames are incorrect though, C981 should be Polaris 11 and C920s Polaris 10. AMD already had Polaris 11 chips at Computex and the Zauba data for C981 matches it. C990s are most likely Vega 10 as that is the high end GPU and it will launch later than the Polaris chips.

AMD are talking about polaris being "VR" ready. Meaning Better than 970/290x performance. 

Somewhat expected, but 1500€ Q.Q

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I think the 1500 Euro card is the dual fury X

the 650 Euro card is likely the new high end polaris

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Shipping manifests are what they are insured for, not what it'll cost at Newegg /SMH

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's customs value of that card and not the actual market value. In Germany it's a range from 17% and all the way up to 48.5% (anti dumping policy). So an estimated market price of Polaris 11 would be somewhere around 770€.

Those prices are getting fucking outrageous now.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Well, all I know is that those new GPU's Polaris and Pascal will NOT be any cheaper than GTX 980 Ti for example, that's for sure. Combine that with 1200+ $/€ monitors and you get yourself a decent small car! LOL

Well, all I know is that those new GPU's Polaris and Pascal will NOT be any cheaper than GTX 980 Ti for example, that's for sure. Combine that with 1200+ $/€ monitors and you get yourself a decent small car! LOL

True. No reason to believe this new gen will drive prices down... Quite the opposite I think. With all these technologies, prices could go up. There are no price shortcuts... You want performance, you pay performance.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

13 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Somewhat expected, but 1500€ Q.Q

Could easily be a dual GPU card, or the much much needed new FirePro line. Now that AMD have access to CUDA, it makes sense for them to push out the new cards.

Either that, or AMD is going to try and pre-empt NVIDIA with as halo card similar to the Titan series. If it's true that NVIDIA won't have any offerings until the second half of the year AMD could gain some traction.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Well, fuck. That's all i can say.

As i said before, the price will decide if polaris is a succes or not. Performance won't be an issue.

We all know polaris is going to be a huge step, FINfet, 16nm, and the little we know looks really promising.

So performance will probably we awesome. But if it is going to cost 1500 bucks, does it even matter?

I mean it's waaay above most people's budget. and even if it performs like a monster, it's not going to be a succes at that price, it just won't.

If that is the real price, we are screwed, we just are. Almost nobody is going to buy it, and for most of us it would just give us some nice reviews on websites, but almost nobody will end up getting it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Can't they come any sooner?!! My wallet is ready!

Pascal needs to come sooner too so I don't have any regrets when it comes available and becomes more powerful than Polaris.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

58 minutes ago, Texhnlyze said:

Can't they come any sooner?!! My wallet is ready!

Pascal needs to come sooner too so I don't have any regrets when it comes available and becomes more powerful than Polaris.

I am still hoping those Titans are out in April, if so - goodbye $2000 and hello Pascal Titan SLI.

On 2/7/2016 at 7:06 PM, samcool55 said:

Well, fuck. That's all i can say.

As i said before, the price will decide if polaris is a succes or not. Performance won't be an issue.

We all know polaris is going to be a huge step, FINfet, 16nm, and the little we know looks really promising.

So performance will probably we awesome. But if it is going to cost 1500 bucks, does it even matter?

I mean it's waaay above most people's budget. and even if it performs like a monster, it's not going to be a succes at that price, it just won't.

If that is the real price, we are screwed, we just are. Almost nobody is going to buy it, and for most of us it would just give us some nice reviews on websites, but almost nobody will end up getting it.

First, and vitally, this is NOT the retail price - it's a value assigned to a limited-run pre-production part that is probably already partly over-inflated in value.  It is MUCH less than the declared value AMD made for Fiji GPUs - and those came out at $650 on the market. This GPU could easily be a $650 on the market... or less... in fact, $1500 is CHEAP... which suggests AMD made a larger production run, sent them to their Canada HQ for driver development, and now has sent just a couple to India for more testing and development.

Next, Polaris is believed to be 14nm FinFet now - giving AMD a (minor) process advantage over nVidia - but also giving them two foundries from which to choose, making it far more likely that they may be able to capitalize on any lead to market (get more sales, higher volumes, and keep inventories flush - probably pre-planning a reduction in volume for when Pascal releases).

On 2/5/2016 at 0:50 AM, Watermelon Guy said:

AMD are talking about polaris being "VR" ready. Meaning Better than 970/290x performance. 

not really "hard" to achieve.

on average, a die shrink has yielded 20-30% performance increase (flat increase) over older generation. So if we substract 30% from GTX 970 you end up around GTX 950/R9 270X...

Also, GTX 970 is not remotely comparable with R9 290X these days. 290X is almost at 390X levels which is almost 980. Only a heavily OCd 970 will match a 290X. I know the "X" and "non X" can be confusing. but really, atleast TRY to keep things apart.

38 minutes ago, looncraz said:

First, and vitally, this is NOT the retail price - it's a value assigned to a limited-run pre-production part that is probably already partly over-inflated in value.  It is MUCH less than the declared value AMD made for Fiji GPUs - and those came out at $650 on the market. This GPU could easily be a $650 on the market... or less... in fact, $1500 is CHEAP... which suggests AMD made a larger production run, sent them to their Canada HQ for driver development, and now has sent just a couple to India for more testing and development.

Next, Polaris is believed to be 14nm FinFet now - giving AMD a (minor) process advantage over nVidia - but also giving them two foundries from which to choose, making it far more likely that they may be able to capitalize on any lead to market (get more sales, higher volumes, and keep inventories flush - probably pre-planning a reduction in volume for when Pascal releases).

density wise, 14nm GLOFO/Samsung = 16nm TSCM

the thing about these "nodes" are that just like TDP rating, everyone is doing it ever so slightly differently. For instance, IBMs 10nm is smaller and denser then intels 10nm. but due to how intel does their process, there isnt any real performance edge. In practice, its the same. But once you start going into the fine details and start nitpicking, its not. Same for GLOFO/Samsung 14nm vs TSCM 16nm.

the more you know

33 minutes ago, Prysin said:

the thing about these "nodes" are that just like TDP rating, everyone is doing it ever so slightly differently. For instance, IBMs 10nm is smaller and denser then intels 10nm. but due to how intel does their process, there isnt any real performance edge. In practice, its the same. But once you start going into the fine details and start nitpicking, its not. Same for GLOFO/Samsung 14nm vs TSCM 16nm.

the more you know

Fertigungstechnologie-02.png

This is of course Intel's claims "true 14nm". But bear in mind that Samsungs/GloFo's SRAM should be 3D and thus better than Intel's.

Either way this year is going to get interesting. We know launch dates of AMD. The question is when NVidia will launch anything. The April number still sounds impossible as Samsung just started HBM production this January. I hope for AMD to get a leg up. This insane market bias against AMD is bad against said market.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

the more you know

I read your comment and went to go find the very chart Notional posted :P

They're certainly close, but 14nm still has the advantage (I specifically mentioned the advantage was minor as well).

Density wise, the advantage is the probably smallest.  14nm LPP has the advantage for leakage and switching speed as well, IIRC. It may only give AMD a 5 or 10W benefit over using 16nm @ TSMC, but combined with dual-sourcing, slightly better density, and AMD's long-standing relationship (and wafer commitment) with Global Foundries, it makes the most sense - while also providing a competitive edge.