Management in America? Or just this job?

Moondrelor

So, I've worked in America for almost 3 years now. I've had different jobs, but each job seems to have terrible management and treats their employees like utter trash... Is this just how most American jobs are or am I just getting unlucky? Basically what happened here at my work is that, I'm IT at a hospital, and they have a few small locations that we are supposed to support outside of the hospital. I was told to go off site today, and tomorrow. Tomorrow we get paid, however, I literally have no money at all due to some expenses to be getting gas to go offsite. 

Now I have no track record of saying I can't go offsite to do something. For a year now, that I've worked here. I've said, "Yeah I can go." And have always offered to go as well. Today I had no money to go to the offsite, and my manager said, "It's your job, and I should have funds put to the side to do my job, I am supposed to be able to support the other sites". She kept on going about that. I told her that I understand that, and I apologize, but I literally have NO MONEY to go. I only have enough gas to come back and forth to work till Friday. And I pretty much got the vibe of. "Go fuck yourself, it's your job, you do it."

So today, I won't be eating so that I can use that money to put in my car to do my job. Which yesterday I already didn't eat.

Now when I lived in Thailand and worked, which maybe I was just lucky there, my manager was really nice with me, and if I had been in this kind of situation where I can't even afford bread, that he would of gave me a check advance or even just flat out gave me some money, a small amount, but enough to get me by. As kind of a thanks for doing my work all the time and never giving any issues, just doing the best I can.

Luckily for me. I'm applying for a new job and had an interview yesterday, and this job pays me much much better than what they are paying me here. Not to mention that give my co-worker all the vacation he wants, and also. My manager here takes 2 hour lunches (instead of 1 hour) and also comes in 30 minutes to an hour late constantly.

Before I leave here I will be making a complaint to the CEO, then going onto my new job, but. Is it just me that is getting unlucky? Or what. Someone please let me know. I was absolutely furious yesterday with how she treated me, and I honestly don't even want to be sitting here, but. I gotta do my job to pay the bills.

Your manager sucks. I have heard a lot of bad things about IT jobs in hospitals.

Sorry for your struggles, I hope things get better for you. Maybe it's time to hunt for a new job.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Your manager sucks. I have heard a lot of bad things about IT jobs in hospitals.

Sorry for your struggles, I hope things get better for you. Maybe it's time to hunt for a new job.

A lot of my shit will be sorted out once I get my tax refund... Just normally my End of Year shit starts getting pretty heavy on me, and beginning of the year as well, but it clears up. Just made me furious how I got treated because they don't pay me enough... I do stuff that people should be getting paid 56g for. I make 24g... My new job will pay me 42g if I get it. I really hope I get this new job :/ 

1 minute ago, Moondrelor said:

A lot of my shit will be sorted out once I get my tax refund... Just normally my End of Year shit starts getting pretty heavy on me, and beginning of the year as well, but it clears up. Just made me furious how I got treated because they don't pay me enough... I do stuff that people should be getting paid 56g for. I make 24g... My new job will pay me 42g if I get it. I really hope I get this new job :/ 

Good luck! I hope you get it!

Being broke sucks, I was there for a long time so I know how you feel.

There are better managers in the US, you have just gotten unlucky. Move on, and move up :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Good luck! I hope you get it!

Being broke sucks, I was there for a long time so I know how you feel.

There are better managers in the US, you have just gotten unlucky. Move on, and move up :)

I hope I get the job too. I can finally live stress free of bills. Only stress over work, which hopefully won't be too much stress.

31 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

So, I've worked in America for almost 3 years now. I've had different jobs, but each job seems to have terrible management and treats their employees like utter trash... Is this just how most American jobs are or am I just getting unlucky? Basically what happened here at my work is that

You've had some pretty bad luck as far as I can tell. My managers are all fantastic. 

15 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

Good luck!

11 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

I hope I get the job too. I can finally live stress free of bills. Only stress over work, which hopefully won't be too much stress.

Just gotta tough it out for a little while, you'll do well.

Someone should come up with a service that allows you to rate jobs so now one has to end up like this.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Ah the American jobs. Where you get screwed over by everyone. What is Also strange, that they expect you to pay for what is part of your job. Here in the UK, we get paid if we were to go to another place that requires our cars. They pay as what we spent in petrol, food or whatever. So, I hope you find the ideal job my friend. Good luck with everything. :) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Ah the American jobs. Where you get screwed over by everyone. What is Also strange, that they expect you to pay for what is part of your job. Here in the UK, we get paid if we were to go to another place that requires our cars. They pay as what we spent in petrol, food or whatever. So, I hope you find the ideal job my friend. Good luck with everything. :) 

We get paid decent mileage. 0.43 cents I think to the mile, but that's paid on the 15th of each month. Not exactly ideal. The other thing is, even though I punch my time as traveling between sites, each Friday of the week I have to submit a paper application saying I have traveled this time and that here is my total mileage. If I don't submit that by the end of day on Friday, each week. I will not get my paycheck for my mileage. 

33 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Someone should come up with a service that allows you to rate jobs so now one has to end up like this.

They have a few around, but they aren't really popular enough...

37 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Just gotta tough it out for a little while, you'll do well.

Such is life :/ Just keep striving for a better day..

2 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

We get paid decent mileage. 0.43 cents I think to the mile, but that's paid on the 15th of each month. Not exactly ideal. The other thing is, even though I punch my time as traveling between sites, each Friday of the week I have to submit a paper application saying I have traveled this time and that here is my total mileage. If I don't submit that by the end of day on Friday, each week. I will not get my paycheck for my mileage. 

Ah. Well. Good Luck.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Thou has a bad marshal. Find thyself a new one and fight for them instead! Even the lowliest of footmen are not trash to be ignored and mistreated!

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

6 minutes ago, Dapolish said:

Thou has a bad marshal. Find thyself a new one and fight for them instead! Even the lowliest of footmen are not trash to be ignored and mistreated!

Will thou be me lord?

2 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

Will thou be me lord?

I would be thy Grandmaster Knight of King Linus of Techtips, good ser! And who would thou be?

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

27 minutes ago, Dapolish said:

I would be thy Grandmaster Knight of King Linus of Techtips, good ser! And who would thou be?

For I am the castle blacksmith, I offer my bellows and anvil to thou. 

40 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

They have a few around, but they aren't really popular enough...

Such is life :/ Just keep striving for a better day..

Someone should really push them to popularity. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

45 minutes ago, Dapolish said:

38 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

Will thou be me lord?

36 minutes ago, Dapolish said:

9 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

For I am the castle blacksmith, I offer my bellows and anvil to thou. 

i live in Canada and I've had 1 bad manager and 2 absolutely amazing managers. So I think its just luck of the draw on good and bad managers. I wish you good luck and wish better days on you. :)

This exchange though. You 2 made my day today :) 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

22 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Glassdoor is pretty alright, iirc.

Ah, that was the one I was thinking about. The place I work at has one review. From a front office worker, saying how management treated them like shit. Which, idk. I don't work front office, but they get like 5 new people a month because people quitting and/or getting fired.

I constantly have to set up their users...

I have had a rude manager, a transient manager and now I have a boss who is really nice but also really disorganized.

If you're working for a company of any large size, most likely they will screw their employees in the ass if it gets them a better bottom line. That's how it's done in the US, and that's why I want to both move to Japan and start my own indie dev company of like, five people who get along great. And we'll just sit around all day and code our brains out, sell shitty games on steam and make a ton of money.

1 minute ago, KemoKa said:

I have had a rude manager, a transient manager and now I have a boss who is really nice but also really disorganized.

If you're working for a company of any large size, most likely they will screw their employees in the ass if it gets them a better bottom line. That's how it's done in the US, and that's why I want to both move to Japan and start my own indie dev company of like, five people who get along great. And we'll just sit around all day and code our brains out, sell shitty games on steam and make a ton of money.

Can I come join you? :) 

Just now, Moondrelor said:

Can I come join you? :) 

Absolutely! :D we'll be the 2008 Tek Syndicate of Game Development.

9 minutes ago, KemoKa said:

Can I join you to???

To OP, she is a penishat! Every job I had they either pay for or reimburse your expenses with traveling for work. 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)