As an audio enthusiast, what annoys you the most?

iamdarkyoshi
Go to solution Solved by GER_T4IGA,
3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

What annoys you the most with audio stuff?

The constant "it doesn't have enough base bro". Base is necessary to an extend but I hope you know what I am talking about.

An example: When my friend once went one about how the Custom One Pros didn't have enough base (even in the max position). He liked the "skull candy"-like-rumble-edition-whatever-cans better. that is waht I am talking about.

23 hours ago, iShad said:

People listening to music on their earbuds/iems loud enough for me to hear what they're listening to.

Well damn, if someone is listening to their IEM's, loud enough to be heard then their hearing is pretty much fucked.  Though, I imagine it would be tinny and sharp sounding in other words, NO bueno!

People who wear Beats annoy me, who say they're an audiophile because they own Kraken Forged(True story),  People who play obnoxious EDM on open backs when they have a pair of high end closed backs on a damn headphone stand right behind them(Me, because I am a hypocrite) 

People who DON'T like The Beatles, people who feel the need to blast Morris Day songs and act like hipsters because, it's like MJ but it's not, and because Jungle Love sounds like Uptown Funk but it's not therefore I liked UF before you did and my music taste is far superior because Morris D isn't mainstream.

Or people who like the Grateful Deads "Space" not talking about the song, but the retarded improvisational stuff they used to do in between concerts, 

The list goes on, but I'll cut it short with this

I get really pissed when people say Kanye West is a revolutionary, a great artist, influential and better than the bands of old....

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

1 hour ago, Marziman said:

People who DON'T like The Beatles, people who feel the need to blast Morris Day songs and act like hipsters because, it's like MJ but it's not, and because Jungle Love sounds like Uptown Funk but it's not therefore I liked UF before you did and my music taste is far superior because Morris D isn't mainstream.

Or people who like the Grateful Deads "Space" not talking about the song, but the retarded improvisational stuff they used to do in between concerts, 

The list goes on, but I'll cut it short with this

I get really pissed when people say Kanye West is a revolutionary, a great artist, influential and better than the bands of old....   

Well, damn...

I pretty much fit into all of those. I don't particularly like The Beatles and I do like Morris Day

However, I have never heard of Jungle Love and I really don't care about the Grateful Dead.

While being better is a pretty subjective term, I would not deny that Kanye West is (or atleast has been) quite influential. 

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy pretty much popularized the whole art rap style that is still going today. While Kanye wasn't the first to do it, he was the first to bring it to the masses and influence as bunch of other artists to adopt the same style. 

And the same thing can be said about the noise/industrial rap elements on Yeezus.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

7 hours ago, Generallee said:

When you want to buy some sweet gear and then you discover the price and you drift into eternal darkness contemplating how broke you are 

Then you decide to settle for entry level shit and you read reviews and tell yourself that hey it can't be THAT bad, then you buy it and it is THAT bad and you come to the audio subforums of LTT where everyone is going to shred your hopes and whatever quantity of self esteem you had

mfw

The fuck?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

2 hours ago, Dark_wizzie said:
9 hours ago, Generallee said:

When you want to buy some sweet gear and then you discover the price and you drift into eternal darkness contemplating how broke you are 

Then you decide to settle for entry level shit and you read reviews and tell yourself that hey it can't be THAT bad, then you buy it and it is THAT bad and you come to the audio subforums of LTT where everyone is going to shred your hopes and whatever quantity of self esteem you had

mfw

The fuck?

An ATH-M50x purchaser, I'm guessing…

2 hours ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

I lol'd

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

8 hours ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

M40X's actually and they are great, not complaining about these ones since i have a car to maintain and therefore cannot buy a pair of 800$ headphones and call myself an audiophile on the internet

However, the GODDAMN Behringer Xenyx 802

People who walk up to me asking, "Do you know what all those knobs do?", "Will you play me a song?", or my favourite one "Can I touch a knob?".