PS3 emulator RPCS3 making progress, can now play After Burner Climax fairly smoothly

TopWargamer
7 hours ago, bobhays said:

This is awesome but it would be great if the ps2 emulator worked properly too. It's been years and even that one doesn't work with a lot of very popular games including sony exclusives.

No doubt. PCSX2 and Dolphin still have certain issues even after all these years. The emulators themselves though are functional and you can actually play * almost * every single game in their libraries, at least with just tweaking the settings.

5 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

I can't think of a single exclusive Xbox or Xbox 360 title I want to play.

Really, the 360? Not even Halo or Fable?

I can't think of an exclusive Xbox game though.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

1 hour ago, AresKrieger said:

I honestly only care about demon souls in regards to the PS3, but this makes me wonder how well the Wii U emulator is coming along :P

Pretty nicely. It can play many games, albeit at quite slow frame rates. The devs are upgrading it to OpenGL 4.5 as we speak which will help with progress after they fix the initial bugs caused by the change.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

11 hours ago, bobhays said:

This is awesome but it would be great if the ps2 emulator worked properly too. It's been years and even that one doesn't work with a lot of very popular games including sony exclusives.

I'm curious to know what you can't play on pcsx2?  With the newest version I haven't run into a game I can't play yet.  There are some games that require more processing power like GT3 and 4, but they are all playable.  They do however require certain tweaks to get the best out of each game.  However most games will work without using any tweaks. 

56 minutes ago, revl8er said:

I'm curious to know what you can't play on pcsx2?  With the newest version I haven't run into a game I can't play yet.  There are some games that require more processing power like GT3 and 4, but they are all playable.  They do however require certain tweaks to get the best out of each game.  However most games will work without using any tweaks. 

Time Crisis is a big one. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Pretty nicely. It can play many games, albeit at quite slow frame rates. The devs are upgrading it to OpenGL 4.5 as we speak which will help with progress after they fix the initial bugs caused by the change.

Hmm it's coming along faster than I expected, hopefully nintendo doesn't notice, or have the means to stop it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

21 hours ago, Ramamataz said:

Time Crisis is a big one. 

Looking at the wiki page for pcsx2 Time Crisis 2 runs fine in software mode instead of hardware.  Haven't tried the first one though on any emulator except mame which worked fine. 

On 2/3/2016 at 8:54 AM, That Norwegian Guy said:

No interest what so ever

Well if you like traditional JRPGs there is Lost Odyssey.
Its the only game I'm remotely interested in that is only on the 360.

42 minutes ago, Sypran said:

Well if you like traditional JRPGs

I kind of despise JRPGs lol (no offense)

Even with western RPGs I can't stand the more colourful art styles, the only RPGs I enjoy are low fantasy, (Elder Scrolls, Age of Conan) or if they're not grimderp, dark fantasy (somewhat The Witcher 3 even though I hate named and voiced protagonists)

I really hate cartoony or oversaturated RPGs, and especially ones with boobage physics, oversized weapons and cleavages 24/7 in your face.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On 2/3/2016 at 5:43 AM, lightningterror said:

Actually the ps2 emulator (pcsx2) has also made a lot of progress lately. You also get daily beta updates which is pretty cool.

Sounds good I guess I should check it out soon. Hopefully they've fixed the games that I wanted, if so I can't explain how happy I'd be.

EDIT: After looking at it, it seems it's not fixed yet :( but they are making progress so hopefully the issue gets resolved eventually.

Fuck yeah, I hope I finally can play Gran Turismo 5.

Too bad no Xbox360 emulator because of Forza series. I simply won't buy consoles just for the sakes of exclusive titles,  fuck that.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I'm more interested in MGS4 being emulated.  Hopefully they can get this game working.

On 2/3/2016 at 0:34 PM, revl8er said:

Sorry with the new notification system it doesn't show me individual posts so it's kinda weird. I took a look at the list and I guess it's a specific problem with the series, but I really wanted to play the Ratchet and Clank series. There's an issue with mipmapping (no idea what that means) that they haven't been able to hardware emulate. The only solution is software emulation but that's much much harder to drive and maintain, even that isn't perfect I think.

I wonder how long it will take to see development reach a stage where people will actually be able to use it like Project64, PSX emulators or Dolphin. Regardless of that though, it is very exciting! I can just imagine what The Last of Us or Uncharted will look like on PC! Plus all the opportunities to get screenshots and videos down easily?

hallelujer.gif

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

happy to see progress in this field is will making conserving old games easier...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory