Intel and Pascal build

So i'm looking to build a new rig when pascal come out but don't know exactly what components i do know i want an i7 and one of the new pascal Gpus 1080/ti maybe? but Overall price id like to keep below $1500-1600 and go ahead and choose whatever i dont need peripherals or monitor just suggestions on components thanks to all who respond.

well you'll need a 1080ti, an i7 7700k, 32 GB of DDR5 and a supernova G3 PSU

/s

It's not out yet, just wait and we can make a build when it is :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

lol alright i was just poking around last few days and it seems like pascal is coming out soon like before summer

3 minutes ago, WolfoftheShadow7465 said:

So i'm looking to build a new rig when pascal come out but don't know exactly what components i do know i want

No point in planning a build now, and unless it's confirmed that nvidia fixed it's issues with DX12, and then they drop G-sync in favor of Free-sync, and stop hating freedom in general, I'd look for polaris more than pascal. You'd save money on the display anyways

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Wait until pascal comes around for the prices to be finalized- by then skylake should be in better supply and be about the same pricing as Haswell.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Just wait till the summer and save up money to make your budget bigger in the mean time. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, WolfoftheShadow7465 said:

lol alright i was just poking around last few days and it seems like pascal is coming out soon like before summer

well testing equipment was just spotted on a shipping log so they don't even have a physical chip yet.  Not user how fast the rest of this is going to move, but there might be a demo within a few months

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You see... 

Most of the stuff about Pascal are just "rumors", which will be proved true or false when it actually comes out. :) 

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

Just now, Ddave said:

You see... 

Most of the stuff about Pascal are just "rumors", which will be proved true or false when it actually comes out. :) 

very true that does seem to be a theme of people saying it could be here at summer or it could be here later

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well testing equipment was just spotted on a shipping log so they don't even have a physical chip yet.  Not user how fast the rest of this is going to move, but there might be a demo within a few months

that would be awesome but no way to be sure of it coming out without Nvidia straight up telling us

that would be awesome but no way to be sure of it coming out without Nvidia straight up telling us

yup.  All we can do is guess, but if you'd like something to base the guess on, here's the original source:

https://semiaccurate.com/2016/02/01/news-of-nvidias-pascal-tapeout-and-silicon-is-important/