Friend needs a gaming laptop for $2000 USD or below for both college and gaming

Aytex
8 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

2000 for a 970 256gb of ssd and a non g sync display? yea no

Your paying for the formfactor. You can fit this in any bag. Most gaming laptops are thick and heavy.

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

the laptops i listed both have g sync 

But they aren't portable at all. I stated that is not an essential feature until the 2500-3000 range, not that laptops under that price range with gsync don't exist. :D

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

12 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Your paying for the formfactor. You can fit this in any bag. Most gaming laptops are thick and heavy.

12 hours ago, SirCallow said:

But they aren't portable at all. I stated that is not an essential feature until the 2500-3000 range, not that laptops under that price range with gsync don't exist. :D

ok fair enough i guess the OP will need to decide whether to get a faster bulkier laptop or a slower thinner laptop also i would argue that g sync is more important with slower computers

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

1 minute ago, SirCallow said:

scratch that hes not going for the origin pc

35 minutes ago, Aytex said:

scratch that hes not going for the origin pc

The Origin PC one is actually the barebones for the MSI GS60, except without the RGB keyboard.

And I recommend a Sager too, offers good performance for the price.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8658-S.html

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap