Do you have Amazon Prime?

Whorax

Do you have Amazon Prime?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Amazon Prime?

• Yes
    • No
    • I never use Amazon

If i lived somewhere where i could actually buy from it frequently i probably would.

If you sign up for the 6-month student trial, your Amazon Prime becomes $40 per year (I signed up for it when Prime was $80/year). 

Best investment IMO. Pays for itself with 2-4 shipments (considering how much you'd have to pay for 2-day shipping without Prime). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I have it and I love it. The other day I needed a wireless access point (Ubiquiti FTW!) and some new clothes, both arrived in a few hours before I had to go to work. :)

-KuJoe

Usually super worth it if you buy from Amazon at least once a week, which I do. In this case, super helpful and would totally get it. Prime Now (given that you live in the certain city areas) is also awesome!

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

I remember a stats in which 60 million Americans use Amazon Prime. It is nice to only pay half using student discounts. I order enough for me to justify it.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

yes and I feel that it's 100% worth it considering I order from amazon at least twice a week and I get free 2-day shipping and music streaming 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

56 minutes ago, Whorax said:

Just curious. Wondering how many people find the $99/year worth it.

Yep worth every penny.  Amazon is one of the few places that when I order something i usually get it within the time they say it will take to ship, everywhere else it ends up being like twice as long as the say.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

1 hour ago, Whorax said:

Just curious. Wondering how many people find the $99/year worth it.

Its only half the cost if your a student. My sister has prime, so if I cant wait for an order, I order it on her account. I think if you do a lot of business with Amazon then yes its worth it. If you like the stuff on Amazon instant video then its also kinda worth it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Worth every penny.  I order at least 2-3 things from Amazon a month, if not more, and if you look at 2-day shipping it often costs above $10 not to mention One-day or Same-day shipping.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I had it for free for 6 months, but I'm not paying for it so it expired 10ish days ago, it's useful but I already have all the computer parts I currently need,and it's only really useful to me if I was in a rush and didn't want to pay for fast shipping or if I was buying something under 35 bucks.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I had at one point, and I canceled my subscription since it wasn't worth it in my opinion. I dont use Amazon enough to really benefit. An vast majority of my normal shopping is through brick and mortar stores like sam's club, costco (yes I have both memberships). most of my electronics I usually try to get priced matched at Best Buy, Fry's, or Microcenter (again, yes, I have the luxury of stopping by either Fry's or Microcenter, they're both not that bad of an drive away). For miscellaneous cables and whatnot, the Monoprice warehouse/will call is about an 20 minute drive from my house, which is also near an major shopping mall.

So basically, Its useful if you don't live in SoCal and dont have access to just about everything :P. In all seriousness, I think an important part in people considering amazon prime is the availability of merchandise or retailers in their area. If you dont have easy access to the stuff you want, then it makes sense to pick up an membership if you put it to good use, otherwise, I dont really see any value to it.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I love Amazon prime, been using it for about 10months now.... I buy almost everything via amazon now. same day delivery here in LA is amazing.

I just keep using all my different edu email addresses for the free subscription. I guess that is the perk to having been to 6 different universities.

Not offered here in Mexico yet. Doubt it will be, most carriers are just fucking bullshit there's no way people will pay for 2nd day shipping when that virtually never fucking happens here.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah well my dad pays for it and shares it with me 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Yes I do, I buy stuff really often that's under €19.90 so I save quite a bit of money with the free shipping, plus the one day delivery is really nice.

I'm new to it, but I have had it for about 3 months now. It's pretty great if you order a lot of stuff. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I've been considering getting it & seeing how I'm thinking about building a pc or 2 sometime when I start those projects I'll probably get it then? 

I have it, but pay the student rates. I don't use any of the perks except for the expedited shipping, which pays for itself after a few months.

No. Even with the 2 day shipping I hate waiting for things. I do my best to get everything from places like Best Buy and Microcenter and price match. The entire system in my sig came from Microcenter minus the retail edge processor.