AnonSec changes flight path of NASA's $222m drone in order to crash it

NovusBal

I first read NSA and thought "eh sure I can get behind it" but then I realized the article was talking about Nasa, and I'm sad now :(

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

19 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Even my tinfoil hat wearing ass doesn't believe anything that comes out of InfoWars

If even this guy doesn't believe it, you know it's crap. What would someone even be looking for on Inforwars? If they told me the sky was blue I wouldn't believe them.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 hours ago, syoumans54 said:

I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a terrorist attack, and whoever is responsible is going to wish they never did it.

Nope, it doesn't even fit the definition for a terrorist attack. It wasn't to incite fear, I don't even think it was for political gain. Just black hat hackers being arseholes.

what the actual fuck, its already hard enough to work and build these without having any bad conditions and now this stupid shit

this is the reason why hackers have a bad name, these guys are just looking for shit to play around with and see what they can do to feel accomplished, if it was hacking the gov't well fine they deserve it but NASA fucking serious, WTF 

sorry for the language but this really sets me off 

14 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Very skeptical about that. I'd need to see some very hard evidence that NASA was up to no good. Why would they? They have limited funding as it is. The defence department has much more funding, and much better ways and doing "secret" and "shady" projects. Using NASA would be inefficient and a large security risk.

Heh, while I agree. I was actually joking by suggesting the drone was a transformer. It was too subtle I know.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers:_More_than_Meets_the_Eye

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

But why NASA?

Do they know that it is some much better things that they can ise their hackers skills on?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

This doesn't make sense. 

NASA is a public entity and sooner or later every piece of their information gets pushed to the public domain, you can request access otherwise and they'll give it to you because its all normal information! Hacking into NASA to learn what they're doing is...well it doesn't make any sense. 

And hacking into a Global Hawk? Yes, in order to access information that is part of the public record you will risk being labelled a terrorist and having the FBI/CIA track you down? Totally worth it, no? And to find out things about "chemtrails" or "environment manipulation"? Good grief, that is a level of tin foil that I will never understand. 

Edited by MarcoR

Why? I mean, seriously! Crap like this is reason number 1, 2, and 3 for why "hacktivism" is just as bad as vigilantism; someone is making decisions on what is and isn't "the right cause". This is, as others have said, why professionals do not applaud or condone hacker groups that are attacking common enemies of the U.S. and U.N. Its publicity, pure and simple, to allow more despicable "because I can" acts like this.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

I hate when people hack just to put their group's name out there. It is not like NASA has done anything to them or done anything bad.