is buying an 980ti month and half from now an good idea?

aDham_zO

maybe ask a month and a half from now

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The 980ti's a great card.

Last i checked, Pascal's not coming until Q2/Q3 and the cut down version of the Titan (So 1080ti) won't be here until 2017.

Might as well shill out for a good 980ti.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

It truly doesn't matter.

The 980ti can destroy anything you want to play. Pascal is not going to make the 980ti look like some gtx 265 or something. The card will still be unbelievably strong now, 2 months from now, 2 years from now, etc.

Try not to fall into the waiting game. Appreciate your purchases, and be done with it. Don't worry or stress that you're not going to have the top of the line, because face it, you NEVER will. There's a new product out every 6 months to a year.

Uhh, I don't know. Even if Pascal is better the price for the 980ti will drop considerably. Although I'm a bit wary of NVIDIA as a lot of Gameworks games appear to make anything before Maxwell run really badly, a 780ti is on par with a 960 in Project Cars.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

I own it. It's a nice card! They call the next gen to be the biggest improvement every every time. It won't happen. Just get yourself a GTX 980 Ti when you have the money.

"Waiting" doesn't work in IT. There will always be better stuff released some time :P

The GTX 980 Ti is a great deal because of it's 6GB of VRAM.

VRAM became a thing lately. My GTX 690 ist struggleing because it "only" has 2GB of VRAM. And a 512-bit memory interface!!! :lol:

Anyways ... you'll get what I mean.

[never touch a running system]