I did an RMA and got a better GPU

So i'm not sure if it happens often but the best thing happened to me this week. In the beginning of this month I was having problems with my GPU, an R9 280, and I brushed it aside until it died like two days after. That wasn't good. So I called MSI TWICE, and after being with them for almost three hours in total, I did the RMA process. (I'll talk about their customer support some other post) Well I did the RMA and waited for their emails like standard procedure and then when I got back from school I got an email from them and I felt blessed. I read the email and it said they couldn't find my model to replace so they wanted to know if I could do a swap. I saw what they wanted swap and I was happy and excited. I couldn't believe that they wanted to swap my 280 with a R9 390. I answered yes and they sent it to me. I got the GPU on Tuesday and everything seems great. I love it! Thank our lord and savior GabeN, but in all seriousness I think I got lucky. Well that's it I just wanted to talk about it and brag a little because I found it weird and I never heard from anyone else who has done pc gaming that this has happened to them before. 

Thanks for reading!

Leave a reply in my warranty thread please :)

friend of mine got a 770 4gb FTW for his 670

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

LUCKY

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Yep this isnt uncommon. They can upgrade them sometimes if they dont have the same card available.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

That happens here and there. Congratz.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Lucky. This has happened to my brother, but instead of getting a 980 Ti from a 780 Ti (which is what he wanted lol, like thats happening) he got a 970.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Most companies have been giving back 390s in return lately. I did a 7970 and got a 390x back for example..

If I RMA a 780.. I get a 970 back. Would be nice to get a card close to the price I paid and not the performance =/

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

yeah logitech did that for me once. My g9x went out for the second time, and they game me a g502. Their support is amazing.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4