Das Keyboard releases 'Division Zero' line of gaming peripherals

Lukiose

Exactly as the title suggests, only god knows why

http://www.divisionzerogaming.com/

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/das-keyboard-gaming-x40-keyboard-m50-mouse,31071.html

Division Zero X40 'Pro Gaming' Mechanical Keyboard using new 'Alpha-Zulu' Mechanical Switches

Keyboard is priced at $159

X40-1.png

Division Zero M50 Gaming Mouse

Mouse is priced at $79

M50-1.png

I always thought Das Keyboard was the more.. professional lineup without tacky addons on their stuff. I really liked the blank Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, so i have no idea what inspired them to jump into the gaming peripheral market. Ugh

The keyboard actually looks really nice, will highly consider buying it

I always thought Das Keyboard was the more.. professional lineup without tacky addons on their stuff. I really liked the blank Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, so i have no idea what inspired them to jump into the gaming peripheral market. Ugh

Because the PC gaming market is exploding right now. It seems like same old same old to us PC gamers, but to everyone else, they're starting to realize that consoles cant keep up.

If only they made a TKL, but Greetech has actually improved their manufacturing quality as of late.  Newer batches are incredible, so if they're making the switches for Das - they must be doing well.

The keyboard actually looks really nice, will highly consider buying it

Those little nubbies (like below the space bar) look like they'd dig into your hand after prolonged use :( 

They look nice as long as they are rgb. Red just ruins so much stuff. 

Keyboard looks quite nice. Surprised, they didn't start with an RGB version. Also surprised at the price point. Was expecting much higher for a das 'gaming' keyboard.

Those little nubbies (like below the space bar) look like they'd dig into your hand after prolonged use :(

Oooh, that does arise a point, I would also like a palm wrest but could deal without it 

I also wonder what those nubbies are for 

): I too agree that das didn't need the rather tacky gamer additions to their keyboards. I have a standard silent ultimate, totally happy with it for past 4 years. 

Current: i7 990x / GTX 950 / 12 GB RAM / Micro ATX

Waiting for the next amazing Mini ITX case!

For the people complaining about the existence of these products, in what way does it affect you personally?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Ehhhhh not liking that keyboard.

One thing I really liked about the Das keyboards is that they had a very simple and elegant design to them, none of this flashy shit. Very disappointed.

For the people complaining about the existence of these products, in what way does it affect you personally?

We are not "complaining about their existence" we are just expressing our dislike of them.

We are not "complaining about their existence" we are just expressing our dislike of them.

There's a difference. These are examples of complaining about products that are not geared towards them. I don't like them either, but complaining about products aimed at a different market instead of me is just dumb. There are people who like bright and flashy keyboards.

"Let's do the exact opposite we're known for". Good plan!

): I too agree that das didn't need the rather tacky gamer additions to their keyboards. I have a standard silent ultimate, totally happy with it for past 4 years. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Ehhhhh not liking that keyboard.

One thing I really liked about the Das keyboards is that they had a very simple and elegant design to them, none of this flashy shit. Very disappointed.

The thing is that they're not trying to sell it to their current market. People looking for the best keyboard, and love the simple look are already buying their products. They're trying to capture the type of people that think "I'm going to get this Logitech one made of brightly colored plastic! It looks like a transformer and has flashing lights and laser beams coming out of it!"

Now they can ALSO capture that market. I'll stick with my DK4 Ultimate though.

There's a difference. These are examples of complaining about products that are not geared towards them. I don't like them either, but complaining about products aimed at a different market instead of me is just dumb. There are people who like bright and flashy keyboards.

Das has cultivated a very clear brand image... until now. Companies put a lot of effort into their brands... imagine Lamborghini suddenly deciding to make compact 4 cylinder economy sedans... 

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

The existence of this line specifically effects me. Why? Because I buy their keyboards for the sleek and simple style.

This "gaming" shit needs to die off, not be adopted by every single peripheral manufacturer out there.

Sure, this doesn't mean they're not going to be doing their usual keyboards anymore, but they might sell out and do only gaming gear later and then I'll have nowhere to go for a simple mech keyboard.

Das has cultivated a very clear brand image... until now. Companies put a lot of effort into their brands... imagine Lamborghini suddenly deciding to make compact 4 cylinder economy sedans...

Why the fuck would or should anyone care if they did that?

Why the fuck would or should anyone care if they did that?

If you don't understand, then it doesn't matter so why the fuck do you care if other people care?

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

If you don't understand, then it doesn't matter so why the fuck do you care if other people care?

Lmao, you and the others came up with some arbitrary nonsense reasons why these products shouldnt exist and are getting mad when asked to explain why they shouldnt. Since you brought it up why shouldnt Lamborghini expand their portfolio and appeal to the middle class?

Lmao, you and the others came up with some arbitrary nonsense reasons why these products shouldnt exist and are getting mad when asked to explain why they shouldnt. Since you brought it up why shouldnt Lamborghini expand their portfolio and appeal to the middle class?

Sure, but what if the consumer grade Lambo ended up looking like a 1980s Lada? Still a Lambo, but I doubt many people would like it.

Never thought I'd see Das Keyboard and gaming in a single sentence. Those look really bad (like any peripheral that isn't black)...AND IT'S NOT A BLANK SEXY PRODUCT!

id be all over that if they offered a all black top panel and different Led Options  

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85