How many time a iPhone can be charged by a UPS?

Ok, first thing first. This is for pure fun. I am not planning to carry a 11KG UPS to school everyday(but maybe on a camping trip?).I become curious right after I got it since it is very heavy and can power a computer for a reasonable amount of time. The UPS I got is a Cyberpower CP1500PFCLCD. It is rated as 1500VA/900W(which mean nothing to me) on the website. So my question as I already mentioned, how many time it can charge a iPhone? How much capacity of the battery have? If it can only charge iPhone battery for a very limited amount of time, why? It is significantly larger and heavier than the power bank I have. Again, this whole thing is just for fun and I am using iPhone here just as a example.

Thanks a ton! :D

-SNIP-

Not long the UPS will basically lose power if it's on and drawing a very low load due to it's conversion from DC to AC, it's efficiency really tapers off below 20% load. Your better off with a large battery bank from Anker or something.

http://www.anker.com/product/A1372011

Edited by W-L

1. Find how much mah your UPS has

2. Find how much mah your iPhone has

3. Minus ~300 mah from the UPS' mah for error purposes

4. Divide the UPS' mah by the iPhone's mah

5. bam, thats how many times you can charge your iPhone

In all reality, I would ditch the UPS entirely and use a small solar panel/hand crank generator for your phone on a camping trip. Much lighter and less bulky.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

VA = V*A = W

find out the V and A of your phones battery, then divide 1500 by (V*A) of your phone battery and then divide that by 2 to account for losses

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Honestly, you're better off just getting a large battery bank, just for the sake of convenience. Why lug around an extremely heavy lead acid battery plus an inverter, just so you can charge your phone?

"Rawr XD"

on an iphone 4 with 1400mAh battery: 490 times

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

As others have stated, it should last a while, but it's not a productive solution. As a result, nobody's really tried it to be able to tell you for sure.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Such a creative question, I would love to know myself... but here is the question why are you using an iPhone... Your battery will just die in another 3 or 4 minutes :-)

haha

1. Find how much mah your UPS has

2. Find how much mah your iPhone has

3. Minus ~300 mah from the UPS' mah for error purposes

4. Divide the UPS' mah by the iPhone's mah

5. bam, thats how many times you can charge your iPhone

In all reality, I would ditch the UPS entirely and use a small solar panel/hand crank generator for your phone on a camping trip. Much lighter and less bulky.

I found some information on the Cyberpower website about the UPS. The UPS use 2*12V 8.3 AH batteries.

Honestly, you're better off just getting a large battery bank, just for the sake of convenience. Why lug around an extremely heavy lead acid battery plus an inverter, just so you can charge your phone?

Yes, I know. I will never carry around a battery that heavy with me anyway. Just asking for fun from pure curiosity.

As others have stated, it should last a while, but it's not a productive solution. As a result, nobody's really tried it to be able to tell you for sure.

I guess I can setup an experiment of some sort just for the sake of trying.

I have absolutely no idea how many charges you could get with the on board USB ports, but I found the efficiency of Apple chargers (~75%, picking a percentage somewhere between the iPhone and iPad chargers) and the typical efficiency of a UPS (~92%, as the UPS wouldn't be at full load and so wouldn't be at maximum efficiency).

The total energy stored, in watt hours, of the UPS: 2 * 12 * 8.3 = 199.2 Wh.

199.2 * 75% * 92% = 137.448 Wh transferred to the iPhone.

The iPhone 6S has a 6.9 Wh battery, so 137.448 / 6.9 = 19.92 charges.

I seriously doubt you'd be able to pull that out of a UPS though, because they're designed to be under high load (50-100% of their rated capacity) for a short amount of time, and the extra bulk of the charging circuit etc. would probably not be worth it vs. a few battery banks and/or a solar charger.

I have absolutely no idea how many charges you could get with the on board USB ports, but I found the efficiency of Apple chargers (~75%, picking a percentage somewhere between the iPhone and iPad chargers) and the typical efficiency of a UPS (~92%, as the UPS wouldn't be at full load and so wouldn't be at maximum efficiency).

The total energy stored, in watt hours, of the UPS: 2 * 12 * 8.3 = 199.2 Wh.

199.2 * 75% * 92% = 137.448 Wh transferred to the iPhone.

The iPhone 6S has a 6.9 Wh battery, so 137.448 / 6.9 = 19.92 charges.

I seriously doubt you'd be able to pull that out of a UPS though, because they're designed to be under high load (50-100% of their rated capacity) for a short amount of time, and the extra bulk of the charging circuit etc. would probably not be worth it vs. a few battery banks and/or a solar charger.

I am thing about set up some sort of experiment to test this . Just for fun,

I've a spare APC SUA1500i at work, I'd love to give this a go but I'm strictly Android.. lol

Just use a battery bank, the low voltage DC-DC buck conversion is more efficient than the DC-AC-DC conversion of the UPS and wall-wart.

I've a spare APC SUA1500i at work, I'd love to give this a go but I'm strictly Android.. lol

Just use a battery bank, the low voltage DC-DC buck conversion is more efficient than the DC-AC-DC conversion of the UPS and wall-wart.

Thanks! I got my UPS in mail yesterday. I'll setup a test for it just for fun when I find some free time to kill. 

Not sure if iphones has rapid charge or anything like that?

I have lg g2 and it lasts dam long and charges dam fast