Do you think you're ready for VR

moderategamer

I'm running a 4690K with a gtx 970 strix edition which should settle me in at the low tier of VR capable machines but I honestly don't think this is enough for a good VR experience. What is your take on being VR ready and are you there.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

well, you're not gonna play AAA titles on ultra with that, thats for sure, but the right game at the right settings may be a very pleasant experience.

in the same boat as you mate, but you won`t VR with that PC, because VR won`t REALLY come to consumers within 4 years

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Not in the slightest.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

i hope so because I would not be willing to upgrade my 980 to something even more overkill for casual gaming just for vr.

wow... pretty empty here...

Not even a little bit. But I am not planning on getting the first generation of wide released VR peripherals anyways

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No, and I'm not going to be VR ready until VR equipment is priced decently. Which for me means "costs far less half of my entire rig". ;)

i dont get the VR hype either, i dont care in the slightest. i think VR wont last long anyways.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

I think the tech is not quite where it needs to be for me to consider buying it for now. By the time it is I will most likely have at least a new gpu.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I would say I have been ready for vr for awhile now. 

I'm running a 4690K with a gtx 970 strix edition which should settle me in at the low tier of VR capable machines but I honestly don't think this is enough for a good VR experience. What is your take on being VR ready and are you there.

yeah, because as soon as you plug in oculis Minecraft will require a Titan X Quad-SLI

get real... it's still a 1080p display you'll be fine

it's all hype

still waiting for OSVR and StarVR releases

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

VR can suck a vagina.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

I'll be just kind of waiting for the next few years to see if this actually takes off. 

VR is exciting but so far we are nowhere near consumer level VR.

But when it does become a polished actual thing, I'll be sure to be rocking the best of whatever's out so I can run it.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

VR can suck a vagina.

i want to be VR

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

I have a rift on pre-order, however that might change come 29th of Feb, as I think they don't take money out until they start actually shipping the product which is around march time for me anyway. I'm pretty sure I'm VR ready at this point, nvidia say that I am but I don't think I will be maxing the settings but I'm not particularly bothered by that, I will most likely use it for something like assetto corsa, probably will play luckeys tale it's free after all, was a little chuffed that it was only about 3hrs long though, I guess that's what you get adopting something early. VR has many more applications than just gaming, I can see it slowly gaining traction in gaming and then take off with another application, perhaps medical, engineering or something else entirely. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I have a rift on pre-order, however that might change come 29th of Feb, as I think they don't take money out until they start actually shipping the product which is around march time for me anyway. 

duuuuuuuuuuud... look at StarVR specs.... your occulus is a kids toy.. wait for the StarVR

if you want VR like right now, get OSVR it's pretty much occulus at half the price and with actual industry leaders backing it up

By the time I decide to dip my toes into vr chances are ill have a new card. But first I want to see if developers are going to actually start creating vr content or if it's going to be a gimmick for a year or two with no real games for it.

duuuuuuuuuuud... look at StarVR specs.... your occulus is a kids toy.. wait for the StarVR

if you want VR like right now, get OSVR it's pretty much occulus at half the price and with actual industry leaders backing it up

I can't afford that shit. the power required to run games at 5120*1440 is bloody insane. I want VR now :( 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

By the time I decide to dip my toes into vr chances are ill have a new card. But first I want to see if developers are going to actually start creating vr content or if it's going to be a gimmick for a year or two with no real games for it.

There's already good VR specific games in the works, for example Hover Junkers

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

I can't afford that shit. the power required to run games at 5120*1440 is bloody insane. I want VR now :(

then get OSVR it's half the price of oculus for the same hardware

then get OSVR it's half the price of oculus for the same hardware

But it's razer I'm not really a fan of their products. have they sorted out low persistence with OSVR? Last thing I heard is that it was not nearly as good, the lenses are worse, the screens are worse 60Hz just doesn't cut it for VR, 90Hz or above is the sweet spot. 

seems like a lot of people are hating on VR I personally think it's the next step in gaming and I am very excited to see how it develops down the line. Sure it's not where it needs to be yet but I can see it sky rocketing in the not too distant future but thats just my opinion.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass