I think I screwed myself over...

Blucyrik

Those rams are not DDR2, they're FB-DIMMS. Ram itself probably cost same or more than what you have paid for the entire server. Most modern PCs are capable of hot swap, not just servers. When it's done properly, you'll see that remove drive icon, on the task bar along with the drives you want to remove. Lesson here is, even though Linus made a awesome video, showing that dual xeon gaming PC. It does not mean you have to jump on the bandwagon by selling your modern parts, just to have the same thing. Selling a PC that contains a Core i5 4690K, with 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, and GTX 760 (I know it's not your specs, using this as a example), just for the sake of wanting a "dual xeon" rig, is just dumb.

https://youtu.be/LZSoJEZjijE?t=4m35s

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Linus says in that video that you need to do careful research when doing this.

Just sell it and buy a modern set of hardware to do what you're trying to accomplish. Server hardware is not going to do what you want.

On the bright side, that thing should be a beast file server.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Definitely learned my lesson here... here's what got me really going on this thing.

- Dual Xeon CPUs

- 28GB of ECC RAM

- 3TB Storage

It sounds like such a great deal... but then you realize that's it. There's absolutely NO upgrade path whatsoever. I kinda blame Dell on that one.

There's not really anything wrong with DDR2 other than it's frequency. Also, 28GB!? That can go for a decent amount on eBay if you wish to sell it.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

You could part out the server and make back some of the money you lost.

There's not really anything wrong with DDR2 other than it's frequency. Also, 28GB!? That can go for a decent amount on eBay if you wish to sell it.

Especially since it's ECC

Never buy anything on craigslist, never.

Have you seen Linus and Luke's Scrapyard Wars? They get tons of stuff off cragslist and get great PCs. But could've been lucky the parts worked I suppose.

Have you seen Linus and Luke's Scrapyard Wars? They get tons of stuff off cragslist and get great PCs. But could've been lucky the parts worked I suppose.

ii get most components used a save alot 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky