Linustechtips's future

Axdfsdf

I'm very new to this channel and i'm loving it! So I'm wondering how long linus is planning on continuing the channel. He's 29 years old didn't he start like 8 years ago or something? Is he going to continue it till the channel is no longer successful? Idk just wondering what you guys thought he was planning on doing.

I'm very new to this channel and i'm loving it! So I'm wondering how long linus is planning on continuing the channel. He's 29 years old didn't he start like 8 years ago or something? Is he going to continue it till the channel is no longer successful? Idk just wondering what you guys thought he was planning on doing.

He'll probably carry on going forever I would assume?

I guess LMG will go on as long as possible and then Linus can hire new employees and have someone become head or have his son be in charge.

its a moneymachine

as long as he's there people will watch

besides, contrarly to some other smaller people, he didn't quite sellout to some brands. wich is nice

I sure hope one day lct will come back tho

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

he will do this for as long as he can. there is no reason for him to stop. its a great job.

watching recorded video isn't going anywhere, so if they can keep abreast of the market they'll be fine.  I expect somewhere down the line they will have to branch into more than just youtube content production and venture into other avenues as well.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Considering the channel is based upon something that is forever changing and improving (computers and tech), it will be around for a long time :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I figure it will go on until one of his ideas kills him...."Watch us build a computer that is water cooled by submerging it in a swimming pool!"....or someone at a convention kills him for touching / breaking all the things (Side note: a little disappointing there wasn't as much destruction at CES this year). 

In all seriousness though, he has a production company that makes money doing more than just tech videos on youtube. He has built a good company for himself and his crew and I don't think he would abandon that anytime in the near or long future. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

I think this sums it up nicely.

Honestly I find the viewchasing that tech "reviews" in general have become are much more of a disservice than anything dude said in the video.  That and dude seems fuzzy about some of the reasons products get more positive or negative reviews.  In a market with so many good products, how do you differentiate between them?  You start making a bigger fuss about realistically smaller things.  Another part is no one cares about product reviews that all get a "well it's pretty good" because having them all the same isn't interesting.  It doesn't make a good video, and doesn't make a good review.  Because for example, video cards need visible delineation when making reviews/videos/whatever we end up in a situation that only makes the super high end cards look good, and the lower and midrange look completely incompetent.  When in reality, to the average gamer, a midrange card is perfectly fine.  Some reviewers are much more guilty of this than others.

yoinks2cents

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Ah yes. Ethics in games tech journalism.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

He has a wife and a daughter, he's inspiring his daughter to be a tech savy

So you can say LMG and LTT's future can be guaranteed

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Yes, I wish he made more linus cat tips vids

Yes I remember that wow.  I had forgotten about that, thanks for jogging my memory, I'm going to binge watch all of the episodes now.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

He's said it before. I don't really remember where.
But eventually I think he plans on stepping back from the host side of things when he gets to be an old man.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

I'm gonna call bs on that video.

Lets say that a reviewer were to make a review of a product. He says said product is amazing. Everyone runs out and buys one because reviews said they were great. Then everyone finds out the product is actually garbage.That'd be suicide for any reviewer because then nobody would trust their opinion, and nobody would watch.

But that's all besides the point because it seems like ltt wants to step away from reviews and do more "show-like" content.

Gaming PCs:

I'm gonna call bs on that video.

Lets say that a reviewer were to make a review of a product. He says said product is amazing. Everyone runs out and buys one because reviews said they were great. Then everyone finds out the product is actually garbage.That'd be suicide for any reviewer because then nobody would trust their opinion, and nobody would watch.

But that's all besides the point because it seems like ltt wants to step away from reviews and do more "show-like" content.

No he's spot on. Linus has a series of case fans with his name on it. No one with enough brain cells to wipe their ass after taking a shit will trust his reviews ever again. Which is sad, I get it that everyone needs to eat and support their families but Linus has crossed the line into selling, not reviewing.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

No he's spot on. Linus has a series of case fans with his name on it. No one with enough brain cells to wipe their ass after taking a shit will trust his reviews ever again. Which is sad, I get it that everyone needs to eat and support their families but Linus has crossed the line into selling, not reviewing.

Loooool. I guess the fact that there're LTT tshirts means you can't trust their opinions on clothes either right? It's called "merch", go look it up.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Loooool. I guess the fact that there're LTT tshirts means you can't trust their opinions on clothes either right? It's called "merch", go look it up.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that Linus can't be completely honest about Noctua products now because he's partnered with them to sell LTT edition fans.

I don't agree. I'm just saying I understand.

Gaming PCs:

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that Linus can't be completely honest about Noctua products now because he's partnered with them to sell LTT edition fans.

I don't agree. I'm just saying I understand.

I know what he was saying, I'm just saying it's complete nonsensical bullshit. He payed to have the fans made for him in a large number, then organised sellers and sold them for a profit. That's how business works, but for Linus to be dishonest about Noctua would damage his business, so why would he do it? It's just the usual grasping at straws to make up conspiracy theories.

I guess he'll go on for as long as it remains a sustainable business, after that he'll be forced to do something else - they could transition pretty smoothly to producing videos under commission. although it wouldn't be as fun.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

He's going to keep going for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

If the shirts were made using Giadan (or w/e that cheap ass shirt brand is) then yes, I can't trust their opinion on clothes lol

But back on topic...seeing how it is a legit business now and not some rando doing films in a garage/office storage room, I don't see them ever having a good reason to stop. Multiple people work under him FT (including his wife) there would have to be some extreme situation (like YT shutting down O.o) to stop them.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I know what he was saying, I'm just saying it's complete nonsensical bullshit. He payed to have the fans made for him in a large number, then organised sellers and sold them for a profit. That's how business works, but for Linus to be dishonest about Noctua would damage his business, so why would he do it? It's just the usual grasping at straws to make up conspiracy theories.

Exactly, Linus has moved from reviewing to selling. Which because of his involvement with NCIX his standing as a reviewer was tenuous at best. His opinion now means precisely nothing as far as an unbiased source of information. Glad we agree.

If anyone asks you never saw me.