Linustechtips's future

Axdfsdf

I found LTT back when he was with NCIX and what kept my eyeballs here was the genuine excitement his growing team has had for the field of technology.  That excitement is still there.

Most of his sponsor spots aren't even directly related to physical technology.  Squarespace?  Dollar Shave Club?  Linda Dot Com?  These are his bread and butter.  How anyone can be confused that the company might be leading you down the garden path to get pwned because of a limited number of limited LTT branded products is IMHO taking paranoia way too far.  Heck he had to do work to get Noctua to agree to make those fans in the first place.  LMG probably lost money on those or at least broke even as a tribute to fans.  (pun intended)  So do I agree with everything they say? Hell no.  I hate my HTC one M8.  Bought it on the word of Linus alone.  Am I sore.  No.  I made a bad decision.  My bad.  But I'm off the OP's topic.

LTT and LMG will succeed for a very long time as long as the passion is still there.  This forum is a living demonstration that there is a market for information about technology.  LMG uses LTT to serve that market.  And with their success they have given us, their supporting fans, this forum as a tool to help each other.   Serve your market well and it will follow.  Serve it poorly and buyers will search elsewhere.  Linus knows this.  He's said it many times.   Smart man.  Be like Linus.

Laws only govern the honest.

I started watching LTT way back when it was just unboxings/overviews, it's progressed so much since then and Linus' comment about being the top gear of tech reviews is pretty spot on. While I don't have the same need for tech reviews in my life as I used to, I still enjoy the channel(s) Channel Super Fun often has stuff worth watching and TechQuickie usually has some form of knowledge that I find interesting. 

I'm hoping LMG continues to evolve and keeps its sense of humour 

If I were a bird, I'd fly into a ceiling fan.

No he's spot on. Linus has a series of case fans with his name on it. No one with enough brain cells to wipe their ass after taking a shit will trust his reviews ever again. Which is sad, I get it that everyone needs to eat and support their families but Linus has crossed the line into selling, not reviewing.

haha, you think Linus sells out because he has merch? Tek Syndicate's store would like a word. They have several times the inventory of LTT's store and they're pretty much known for point-blank refusing to sell out.

Just because a reviewer says one thing is great and another thing sucks doesn't mean that he was paid to.