1500$ 1080p Killer (if possible) :)

Rangabang

Looking to get a PC with taxes .... Need keyboard and mouse and OS ....looking to do Intel and Nvidia ..would also like to have as many high quality parts as possible but my main concern is to crush 1080p gaming also future proofing wouldn't be bad if possible but i figured I'd let you pros help a newbie like me out ! Ty !

Will edit a build for you right now, I think I've got a good one.

this will destroy any 1080p games currently out, max graphics 60FPS, and is also pretty future proof. there is $80 left over for a decent mouse and keyboard. You could also downgrade to a i5-4690k and have enough budget left over to get a high end mouse and mechanical keyboard. small SSD for super fast boot times and around 80GB left over for ultra-fast storage, as well as a 1TB HDD for general storage and large games.

I built this 3 days ago but with a 4690k for a friend, it performs extremely well in everything. His preference was windows 8.1 (bless his soul) but you can change that to whatever you want.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($139.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Tri-X Video Card  ($504.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($89.95 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1423.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-19 18:47 EST-0500

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

this will destroy any 1080p games currently out, max graphics 60FPS, and is also pretty future proof. there is $80 left over for a decent mouse and keyboard. You could also downgrade to a i5-4690k and have enough budget left over to get a high end mouse and mechanical keyboard.

Snip List

and you included a OS... Not hating but most people dont do that... +1

though i dont agree with using the v300 ssd. those are garbage 

and seems like a bit overkill on the psu although dont get me wrong the rm1000 is a great one but 1000w is a bit much imo for his build(i own and currently use the rm1000x)

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

this will destroy any 1080p games currently out, max graphics 60FPS, and is also pretty future proof. there is $80 left over for a decent mouse and keyboard. You could also downgrade to a i5-4690k and have enough budget left over to get a high end mouse and mechanical keyboard.

1400$ for a PC and you put a V300 ssd and a disgusting case. I'm dissapointed. Also, there is no need for win 8.1 now that win 10 is available.

Also, extremely overkill PSU.

I'd prefer a Nvidia card .... Sorry if I mess up replying trying to do it on my phone it's kind of a pain ...

and you included a OS... Not hating but most people dont do that... +1

though i dont agree with using the v300 ssd. those are garbage 

and seems like a bit overkill on the psu although dont get me wrong the rm1000 is a great one but 1000w is a bit much imo for his build

1400$ for a PC and you put a V300 ssd and a disgusting case. I'm dissapointed. Also, there is no need for win 8.1 now that win 10 is available.

Also, extremely overkill PSU.

have you seen the case in person? how the hell is that disgusting? It isnt over the top and its good for the price. The PSU is definetly overkill but this build allows for the option of installing a 2nd GPU without issues in the future as an upgrade option as requested by the friend i built it for. Im aware the SSD is not the greatest, but at its price it gets the job done at a decent price. I've used the SSD in two builds and it does what it was intended for, at a cheap price. If he so chooses, the OP can drop down to a 4690k, in order to spend more on storage and peripherals. to the OP, a good upgrade would be a 250GB samsung EVO, I got mine for around $81.

The ability to put in a 2nd GPU because of the overkill PSU allows the PC to even be capable of 4K gaming, and the OP did want future-proof.

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($227.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($104.20 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.98 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($87.95 @ OutletPC) 

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.99 @ Best Buy) 

Total: $1380.90

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-19 18:57 EST-0500

Maximum 1080p performance, excelent at 1440p aswell.

I included some of my personal favourites for the peripherals but you could still change them.

@Rangabang also follow your posts.

I'd prefer a Nvidia card .... Sorry if I mess up replying trying to do it on my phone it's kind of a pain ...

What reasons did you want a Nvidia card? I feel the only substitute would be a 980 ti and thats is significantly more expensive (breaks the budget) and is no massive jump in performance. If you have any questions about my build I'd be happy to explain the reasoning for every part.

have you seen the case in person? how the hell is that disgusting? It isnt over the top and its good for the price. The PSU is definetly overkill but this build allows for the option of installing a 2nd GPU without issues in the future as an upgrade option as requested by the friend i built it for. Im aware the SSD is not the greatest, but at its price it gets the job done at a decent price. I've used the SSD in two builds and it does what it was intended for, at a cheap price. If he so choosen, the OP can drop down to a 4690k, in order to spend more on storage and peripherals.

Not necessarily hating on the v300. I just know far to many people that have hella problems with them in the anime community im in. after like 3 or 4 tb writing their performance drops like a rock.

The case wasn't hating on, different flavors for different people, its a subjective thing(works for some and doesn't for others)

Though i stated the rm1000 was overkill i never once said it needed to be changed. I love the rm1000x i own and its in my current pc as i type just stating its a bit overkill consideing the cheap ssd you chose. maybe get a cheaper psu and better ssd is what i was getting at

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

have you seen the case in person? how the hell is that disgusting? It isnt over the top and its good for the price. The PSU is definetly overkill but this build allows for the option of installing a 2nd GPU without issues in the future as an upgrade option as requested by the friend i built it for. Im aware the SSD is not the greatest, but at its price it gets the job done at a decent price. I've used the SSD in two builds and it does what it was intended for, at a cheap price. If he so chooses, the OP can drop down to a 4690k, in order to spend more on storage and peripherals. to the OP, a good upgrade would be a 250GB samsung EVO, I got mine for around $81.

The ability to put in a 2nd GPU because of the overkill PSU allows the PC to even be capable of 4K gaming, and the OP did want future-proof.

It's still overkill, 750w should be more than enough for the PSU even if you wanted SLI/Xfire, my best friend has this case and I can say that is ugly af. The SSD's price is not even good compared to it's performance, an HDD like the caviar blue has slightly less speed than this SSD and has a MUCH, MUCH higher capacity. 

What reasons did you want a Nvidia card? I feel the only substitute would be a 980 ti and thats is significantly more expensive (breaks the budget) and is no massive jump in performance. If you have any questions about my build I'd be happy to explain the reasoning for every part.

I've just always had Nvidia so I'd like to stick with it

If you wanted an Nvidia card.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($334.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1405.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-19 19:03 EST-0500

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($74.87 @ OutletPC) 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.98 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ NCIX US) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($75.98 @ Newegg) 

Keyboard: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid-i Wired Standard Keyboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1380.90

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-19 18:57 EST-0500

Maximum 1080p performance, excelent at 1440p aswell.

I included some of my personal favourites for the peripherals but you could still change them.

@Rangabang also follow your posts.

Is there any way to get an Nvidia card and still same performance or Better ?

Is there any way to get an Nvidia card and still same performance or Better ?

well thats hard without a jump in price. you could go with the 970 for pretty close the same price but people say the 390 is a bit better, but the only thing left would be the 980 which cost a decent amount more

AMD atm, has more performance for the dollar than Nvidia cards. Also a 390 has a slight edge over the 970 in games, it also has double it's VRAM.

Never had a AMD card so I'm skeptical is all I guess lol

right now AMD has great options as far as price/performance, which is what you want. Don't be afraid to switch! If Nvidia offered what I wanted at the time I would have had no issues buying Nvidia.

Don't be, both companies are great. They provide good performance for the money. If I were you I'd buy w/e gave me the most performance for my money and atm the 390 is in the lead. We could also make some compromises to get a 980ti, but this build(the 390 one) is the sweetspot.

dont get me wrong both nvidia and amd are BOTH good in their own way, the 390 will be a good card jsut amd cards tend to get a bit hotter from my experience though i never owned a 390 so i cant say it will be hotter for sure, but dont be scared because amd is in the name

this will destroy any 1080p games currently out, max graphics 60FPS, and is also pretty future proof. there is $80 left over for a decent mouse and keyboard. You could also downgrade to a i5-4690k and have enough budget left over to get a high end mouse and mechanical keyboard. small SSD for super fast boot times and around 80GB left over for ultra-fast storage, as well as a 1TB HDD for general storage and large games.

I built this 3 days ago but with a 4690k for a friend, it performs extremely well in everything. His preference was windows 8.1 (bless his soul) but you can change that to whatever you want.

Your friend got a little ripped off. Not a lot, just a tiny bit.

They are not as hot as they used to.

dont get me wrong both nvidia and amd are BOTH good in their own way, the 380 will be a good card jsut amd cards tend to get a bit hotter from my experience though i never owned a 380 so i cant say it will be hotter for sure, but dont be scared because amd is in the name

dont get me wrong both nvidia and amd are BOTH good in their own way, the 390 will be a good card jsut amd cards tend to get a bit hotter from my experience though i never owned a 380 so i cant say it will be hotter for sure, but dont be scared because amd is in the name

temp.jpg?resize=800%2C600

Don't be, both companies are great. They provide good performance for the money. If I were you I'd buy w/e gave me the most performance for my money and atm the 390 is in the lead. We could also make some compromises to get a 980ti, but this build(the 390 one) is the sweetspot.

what would the price be over for a 4790k with a 980Ti card ? Just curious.

Heres what I would do.

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-E/USB3.1 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($117.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($369.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.99 @ NCIX US) 
Keyboard: Logitech G710 Plus Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1481.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-19 19:14 EST-0500

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace