‘Shadow Moses’- Unreal Engine 4 Remake of MGS gets pulled.

Neemil

For those of us like me who only started playing Metal Gear Solid Games back when it was one of the only good launch titles on the PS3 you may have felt a little left out. However thanks to a developer by the name Airam Hernandez there is hope to pay tribute to the original Metal Gear Solid, or at least there was until Konami pulled it. 

Should Konami continue along the path they’ve been travelling in recent history, there’s very little chance they’ll let this Metal Gear Solid remake reach completion, which is a pity.

Entitled ‘Shadow Moses’, this Unreal Engine 4-powered remake is being developed by Airam Hernandez, and even in its early stages looks great.

It’s a shame then that Konami is acting a lot like a petulant child at the moment, hence their downfall.

Should Konami actually give Shadow Moses the thumbs up, however, it’ll stand as a remake of the entire game. That’s according to Hernandez himself, who decided to change the project’s goal after it initially being planned as a museum-like game.

source with short video: http://mygaming.co.za/news/news/85369-theres-an-unofficial-unreal-engine-4-remake-of-metal-gear-solid-watch-konami-pull-the-plug.html

I genuinely don't understand what is up at Konami but I leave it to you guys to voice your own opinion about the project but personally I think it had a lot of potential. 

NB: this is my first time posting in this thread so sorry for any mistakes any guidance would be appreciated, I also searched before posting and didn't find anything similar.

it looked cool but it's not surprising that it got pulled, would of been nice to beat the torture scene since on PS1 it was impossible.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

konami is a bitch

CYVKO5bWYAANa5i.jpg

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I mean this isn't unreasonable (konami does own MG so it is their right) but regardless #fuckonami, though if I were the person making this I wouldn't have let my name get out and released info through a proxy, they can't give a cease and desist if they don't know where to send, or who it is entailing.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I swear, game developers are getting to be as out of touch with gamers as politicians are with voters.

so im not the only one to think there is a way to become a big company. cool

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

so im not the only one to think there is a way to become a big company. cool

What?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What?

nvm

If they have the ability to make a game why don't they take out the MGS aspect and make a new game? Games aren't like songs, the owners don't necessarily want others to make covers of them.

To be fair, it was Konami's license. No matter how much I dislike them or everyone else does. If someone was ripping off a game from a company you liked, you would've cried outrage.

The creator of this project always knew it would get pulled and clearly just wanted some attention.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Of all the things to hate them for, pulling a violation of their copyright is the least suitable. Few game studios would allow this.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

They might actually release it, just to milk the franchise, since they killed the chicken of the Golden eggs they had

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

What the hell? They weren't even charging money for it. I'm glad Nintendo isn't like this with Pokémon ROM hacks and RMXP fan games.

Sure, they were probably using assets owned by Konami, but still, not like they were asking for money and donations towards the project.

Konami go die in a fire please clearly you don't know about your roots anymore and what made you guys famous in the first place.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

To be fair, it was Konami's license. No matter how much I dislike them or everyone else does. If someone was ripping off a game from a company you liked, you would've cried outrage.

The creator of this project always knew it would get pulled and clearly just wanted some attention.

Nintendo didn't do anything when TwitchTv did that entire pokemon game.

Black Mesa a fan remake of well you know Half-Life the original game company didn't get butthurt over that

That one fan remake of P.T called I forget but Konami isn't attacking them even tho they even said it themselves the creator its a spiritual successor to P.T

The smash flash game. You don't see Nintendo getting butthurt about that as well.

They should encourage them and allow this small team to finish the game. I mean shit they clearly got the talent and they put in a crap ton of time and effort. If Konami shuts this down all the fans are going to hit the fan and we will start inflaming them until there isn't anything left of their sad company

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Black Mesa a fan remake of well you know Half-Life the original game company didn't get butthurt over that

That one fan remake of P.T called I forget but Konami isn't attacking them even tho they even said it themselves the creator its a spiritual successor to P.T

The smash flash game. You don't see Nintendo getting butthurt about that as well.

They should encourage them and allow this small team to finish the game. I mean shit they clearly got the talent and they put in a crap ton of time and effort. If Konami shuts this down all the fans are going to hit the fan and we will start inflaming them until there isn't anything left of their sad company

Lol... OK let me expalin.

Nintendo didn't do anything about Twitch because that was them broadcasting a game, not making one based on their IP.

Black Mesa is endorsed by Valve and Valve are getting a cut of the sales.

The "fan remake" of P.T is as you said, a spiritual successor. It isn't using Konami's IP.

The smash flash game isn't called Super Smash Bros. You cannot copyright a genre. - Just looked this up, it turns out that this is a non-profit project that only uses names and likeness of characters. Just as you can mod Kirby into Skyrim without getting Nintendo angry at you, you can make a shitty flash game with Kirby's icon as long as it makes NO MONEY. No advertisements, no purchases, nothing.

A company can do with their IP what they want. This Shadow Moses is literally an MGS game, not a spiritual remake. It was using it's license.

EDIT: You know what, based on your logic LinusTechTips should be the developer for the next Call of Duty.

Call of Duty World at War 2!!! We can take the name, and not give anything to activision because that's how this works.. /s

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Fullscreen mario and super mario 64 hd say hi.

When will these people who are doing these fan made remakes learn.

You do not say a god damned thing until you release the thing.

Also, Konami is 100% justified for stopping the project as this a blatant violation of copyright.

I may not totally like Konami doing putting a hault to the project but I am by no means going to castrate them for doing it.

Shame the Hideo + Kojima split happened

I want all the MGS games remade in the new Fox engine

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii