Fresh install, what did I forget?

Jack.EXE

I re-installed windows after I got the windows key thing fixed, and I feel like I missed something. Here's Everything I installed so far:

Steam (and all the games)

Unity Web player

Flash

Paint.NET

.NET framework

Minecraft

Runescape

Chrome & firefox

Java x64

AVG

Latest drivers for all my stuff

Planetside 2

Winrar

What I still need to get:

MCedit

VirtualBox (had to reformat to get AHCI to work)

World of tanks

Fraps

So what Did I miss? My 500GB HDD is a little too empty...

CCCP.

Office

VLC, Zoomplayer, Windows Classic Player, etc.

If you're using Windows 7, teracopy

Foobar2000

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Use Ninite.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Use Ninite.

Would, butthat would clog up my small 100 GB Boot drive (SSD), which is allready 60 GB full.

You forgot a bout for Runescape. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Use Avast not AVG

PLEASE, AVG bogged down my boot times from 8 seconds to 1 WHOLE MINUTE, it's a terrible service and I will never install it again

also, you are missing Malewarebytes

winrar

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I re-installed windows after I got the windows key thing fixed, and I feel like I missed something. Here's Everything I installed so far:

Steam (and all the games)

Unity Web player

Flash

Paint.NET

.NET framework

Minecraft

Runescape

Chrome & firefox

Java x64

AVG

Latest drivers for all my stuff

Planetside 2

Winrar

What I still need to get:

MCedit

VirtualBox (had to reformat to get AHCI to work)

World of tanks

Fraps

So what Did I miss? My 500GB HDD is a little too empty...

Ninite.com

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Change winrar to 7zip, avg to avast, and if you are not using Java for anything then get that security vulnerability uninstalled.

If you want a music player I recommend MusicBee, for office may as well use libreoffice, if you only use it rarely then use the portable application where the entire install is in one folder, no registry files, ect.

Other software, VLC, perhaps XBMC if you want a media PC experience, and malwarebytes as an on demand scanner.

MSI Afterburner, RealTemp or HWmonitor. Then just keep installing when needed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

the AV I use is my personal opinion. I like avg because my system does not take much of a hit, I am used to winrar and how it works, so I'm keeping that.

and yes, I am using java for minecraft and runescape.

Change winrar to 7zip, avg to avast, and if you are not using Java for anything then get that security vulnerability uninstalled.

If you want a music player I recommend MusicBee, for office may as well use libreoffice, if you only use it rarely then use the portable application where the entire install is in one folder, no registry files, ect.

Other software, VLC, perhaps XBMC if you want a media PC experience, and malwarebytes as an on demand scanner.

hey, I just tried musicbee and it seems very good, even better than winamp (especially liked lyrics adn shutdown option), but I don't like sound comparing with winamp. I tried equalizer, but still it has lower volume, than winamp. Do you know any plugins or something to boost the volume?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

hey, I just tried musicbee and it seems very good, even better than winamp (especially liked lyrics adn shutdown option), but I don't like sound comparing with winamp. I tried equalizer, but still it has lower volume, than winamp. Do you know any plugins or something to boost the volume?

I don't know if a plugin exists but I personally haven't had any problems with volume (at least compared to iTunes, VLC and WMP) so I have never looked, a quick Google only finds this http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10401.0 I don't have any equaliser set so perhaps that is why I don't hear any volume difference between other music players.

Other possible things to try is in 'Preferences' under 'Player' check your output is correct and that you are using 32 bit output, other than that I'm not sure what the problem could be.

If that doesn't help then the people on the MusicBee forums are really good you could try there someone might have had a similar problem.

I don't know if a plugin exists but I personally haven't had any problems with volume (at least compared to iTunes, VLC and WMP) so I have never looked, a quick Google only finds this http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10401.0 I don't have any equaliser set so perhaps that is why I don't hear any volume difference between other music players.

Other possible things to try is in 'Preferences' under 'Player' check your output is correct and that you are using 32 bit output, other than that I'm not sure what the problem could be.

If that doesn't help then the people on the MusicBee forums are really good you could try there someone might have had a similar problem.

I already fell in love with that player. Just comparing with winamp sound producing quality isn't impressive. It seems it has normalize option on, which I don't want, but can't disable. I'll try their forum. Thx