Oops..

I just put a 2 litre bottle full next to my desktop.. i forgot the actual window is removed from the side panel, knocked it by accident and the bottle hit my CPU heatsink and the entire PC froze up... it seems to be working right now but... damn... anyone else done anything like this?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

yes this is much more then an "opps" unplug your shit now and make sure its dry as a bone

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Unplug it now? Like seriously?

It seems OK.... for now.. temps are in check..

No no non no... no spillage the physical weight of the bottle made my PC freeze when hitting the actual heatsink.. weird.

No, nothing like this happened to me :P Well.. I did once get my finger in a fan for a microsecond on accident. Didn't really hurt though

Unplug it now? Like seriously?

it doesn't seem like liquid spilled in the machine to me from his description.. not sure

That would be taking liquid cooling to the next level

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

AMD.. slow but invincible... that was irn bru that hit it...

AMD.. slow but invincible... that was irn bru that hit it...

I drop stuff while benchmarking from time to time.. I've had lockups before but it's a bit odd :P

should be fine, but why is the side panel off? and why would you put something like that near there knowing the side panel window was removed?

If something can go wrong, it will go wrong, eventually.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

should be fine, but why is the side panel off? and why would you put something like that near there knowing the side panel window was removed?

If something can go wrong, it will go wrong, eventually.

Side panel is on just fine, the actual window i removed because when i was pushing my GPU/CPU to the limit Fermi heated up the case so much my CPU was going into meltdown (phenom chips do not like going above 60c)

Just need to mentally remind myself...

right-pro-rigged.jpg

I know the feeling man. I have no idea how to explain this to my parents since they helped my buy it (it was $970 and just got it in august). I'm literally screwed and have been sitting here trying to dry everything before they find out. Lord have mercy with out stupid souls. 

I know the feeling man. I have no idea how to explain this to my parents since they helped my buy it (it was $970 and just got it in august). I'm literally screwed and have been sitting here trying to dry everything before they find out. Lord have mercy with out stupid souls. 

Oh shit man... that's real bad, mine was a sealed bottle unopened thank hell.. good luck my man hope you get something salvaged.. hopefully it all.

Oh shit man... that's real bad, mine was a sealed bottle unopened thank hell.. good luck my man hope you get something salvaged.. hopefully it all.

pray for my soul. I literally have to take all the stuff i took out (cpu, graphics card, ram, storage) and place it into my closet to hide it and put my pc where it was. I honestly have no idea how to tell either of my parents and all i want is to turn on my pc and see that it posts...I can't even study for the midterm i have tomorrow because of this shit. :(

pray for my soul. I literally have to take all the stuff i took out (cpu, graphics card, ram, storage) and place it into my closet to hide it and put my pc where it was. I honestly have no idea how to tell either of my parents and all i want is to turn on my pc and see that it posts...I can't even study for the midterm i have tomorrow because of this shit. :(

Just gotta face up to it man we all dun goof from time to time... 

Stick with it, allow it to try properly.. if anything get a hair dryer to your parts (don't blow it on caps and use low heat)