Fractal announces the Define Nano S ITX case

IMPERIUS

Today Fractal Design launched the Define Nano S ITX, more or less the exact same copy of the define S but in an ITX format

post-76426-0-98882400-1453128174_thumb.j

Website: http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-nano-s-window

• ITX motherboard compatibility
  • 2 expansion slots
  • 2 - 3.5" HDD/2.5" SSD positions; 2 - 2.5" dedicated SSD unit positions (fits SSDs up to 13mm thick)
  • 6 - Fan positions (1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fan + 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP-12 120mm fan included)
  • Filtered fan slots in the front and bottom (ejects from the front of the case)
  • CPU coolers up to 160mm in height
  • ATX PSUs up to 160mm deep
  • Graphics cards up to 315mm in length with front fans mounted (Cards wider than the dual slot bracket are not recommended)
  • 17 - 35mm of space for cable routing behind the motherboard plate
  • Velcro straps included for easy cable management
  • Both side panels and rear HDD/SSD brakcets feature smart captive thumbscrews
  • Dense sound dampening material on front and right side panels; left side panel includes a transparent window
  • ModuVent™ on top of case for further silent computing or additional ventilation
  • Colours available: Black
  • Case dimensions (WxHxD): 203 x 330 x 400mm
  • Case dimensions - wtih feet/protrusions/screws: 203 x 344 x 412mm
  • Net weight: 4.6 kg
  • Case volume: 26.80 litres
  • Package dimensions (WxHxD): 275 x 485 x 420mm
  • Package weight: 5.8 kg
Cooling system
  • Front: 2 – 120/140 mm fans (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
  • Rear: 1 – 120 mm fan (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP12 fan, 1200 RPM speed)
  • Top: 2 - 120/140 mm fan (not included)
  • Bottom: 1 – 120 mm fan (not included)
  • Dust filters: Bottom and front intakes
Water cooling compatibility - Radiators
  • Front – 120/240mm, 140/280mm (max width 147, length 312; some radiators extend beyond the screw holes)
  • Top – 120/240mm (max component height on motherboard 35mm. Big heatsinks on RAM or power regulators around CPU could conflict with this restriction)
  • Bottom – 120mm (max thickness & length: 85mm x 160mm)
Water cooling compatibility - Pumps
  • Pre-drilled holes on multi-bracket, supports many DDC and D5 variants (see manual for detailed measurements)
Water cooling compatibility - Reservoirs
  • Adjustable mounting brackets allow for almost any rectangular mounting screw pattern. Maximum distance between the mounting bracket screw positions: 270mm height / 80mm width.
Front interface
  • 2 USB 3.0
  • Audio in/out
  • Power button with LED (blue)
  • HDD activity LED (blue)
  • Reset button

Really looks like a nice itx case to me and as far as I know this is the only itx case with sound dampening that I know off.

Fractal didn't release any info on pricing or launch date

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Just saw this on my Youtube feed. I wish mATX would get more love, but this is still a nice case.

EDIT: They still haven't figured out how to make their moduvent system dust proof.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Today Fractal Design launched the Define Nano S ITX, more or less the exact same copy of the define S but in an ITX format

attachicon.gif1b1c9482-0270-4a3f-8f15-1b8e6d4f7289.jpg

Website: http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-nano-s-window

Really looks like a nice itx case to me and as far as I know this is the only itx case with sound dampening that I know off.

Define didn't release any info on pricing or launch date

That is so cute 

This thing is marginally smaller than my full ATX Lian Li v700x.

Could case vendors please move the damn PSU somewhere useful. The giant crater next to the PSU is just wasted space.

Otherwise, a decent looking case. If you like Fractal design, then this should be right up your alley.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I love pretty much all of the Fractal cases, and this is no exception.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I was about to say "why not a windowless model?" due to the description but after looking at the site, I can see both versions exist.

Good looking case although arguably it's just an evolution of its larger sibling's design that has been shrunk and tweaked here and there.

I would also have liked to see matx love but I guess the node 804 covers that although it's definitely not the same hence the different series.

Damn.  Hopefully they'll do a Define S-XL.

YES! I would love a full size version of the S

YES! I would love a full size version of the S

A Define S with E-ATX / CEB and EEB support would be absolutely perfect.

It's so friggin cute :). I want one.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Ok this has my attention. I still like the Evolv ITX for looks. But the Nano S will be the best competition. I like that they both give plenty of headroom for tall air coolers and tall graphics cards.

No room for 2.5 slot coolers though. That was also my issue with the Evolv ITX. An MSI 390 for instance, can't fit in either of these cases.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

No room for 2.5 slot coolers though. That was also my issue with the Evolv ITX. An MSI 390 for instance, can't fit in either of these cases.

Yeah if they would only give us one more slot in ITX systems, or make a Define Micro S next.

The extra slot for me is just for more breathing room for GPU fans. I've been planning a build in the Evolv ITX and feel I have to use a reference blower 980 Ti instead of the dual or triple fan non-reference cards. 

Yeah if they would only give us one more slot in ITX systems, or make a Define Micro S next.

The extra slot for me is just for more breathing room for GPU fans. I've been planning a build in the Evolv ITX and feel I have to use a reference blower 980 Ti instead of the dual or triple fan non-reference cards. 

And I meant to buy the msi 390 and put it in this case.....

Also pls link to where you can see its a 2.5 slot cooler

Definitely my next case.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

And I meant to buy the msi 390 and put it in this case.....

Also pls link to where you can see its a 2.5 slot cooler

2344130_3.JPG

The Powercolor 390, 290, Vapor X 290, Nitro(reference PCB) and XFX Fury are also 2.5 slot coolers.

Wait, is this watercooling oriented? If it is, count me in (for when I'm going to downsize my current system)

I was planning on doing watercooling in an Evolv ITX in about 1½ year, this might be good competition. I wonder if it would pass HardwareCanucks nail scratch test though, my R5 has nasty scratches from doing absolutely nothing to it.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

very nice case

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison

They need to refresh the whole define series in someways, by making say an XLr3, XL-S, MINIr2, MINI-S and a non "s" version of the nano would be cool too

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

They need to refresh the whole define series in someways, by making say an XLr3, XL-S, MINIr2, MINI-S and a non "s" version of the nano would be cool too

I kind of like the Arc Mini R2 and the Midi too. New versions in ITX and mATX would be nice. But the intake fan(s) mounted to the plastic front panel is a turn off for me. I'd have to mod them to mount directly to the front case frame instead.