WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Hello, right now in my desktop I have 1 Samsung 840 pro ssd I use for my OS. I also have 1 640gb Western Digital Caviar Blue and 160gb Maxtor hard drive. The reason that is what i have is The western digital came from my first computer which was a Gateway and the Maxtor came out of my parents Dell. I run this setup because it is all i can afford at the moment. I just bought the Samsung 840 pro after upgrading almost everything else in my computer and was sick of waiting 15 minutes for my computer to load. This giveaway comes at the absolute perfect time as a hard drive was next on my wishlist. Especially with Battlefield 4 specs needing 30GB I need this more then ever. If I even was lucky enough to recieve one of these drives I'd be the happiest guy in town. Thanks for the opportunity. Love your vids Linus (i had to brown nose a bit ;-) ).

Twitter - 

Facebook - 

Using ssd from kingston 60 gb for boot

And one WD 1 TB for my game's

Now i'm out of storage

I would love a 4TB drive for my game's and other program's

I currently have a 1.0TB Hitachi disc drive and I put it in there because when making my semi-gaming computer I wanted to add a little more space so I could have room for games and such. I realized that it was not enough an I'm nearing almost 90% of my hard drive space. I'm in need for more space.

Hey Linus I am currently planing on setting up a nas system for my house and I needed some drives also I am currently running an asus rog g75vw laptop with one tb of storage I am also building a desktop for my gaming and video editing

I have a samsung SSD of 120gb for my os and a 1tb WD hdd for all my other stuff. I also have another 1tb seagate external HDD for my backups. I use this so that my computer will boot up quickly with the SSD and the 1tb storage because of all my music along with my 1tb external to make sure i don't lose any music. Also i play alot of games so i need the 1tb of space to store all the games (about probrably 300gb of games and 20gb of music). The SSD and External HD i bought for about $100, but the internal WD HDD i bought for about $60 which was great for the price.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/aznwei6/status/377937108351979520   (@aznwei6)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aznwei6/posts/4716018518179 (Jonathan Wei)

Tumblr: http://prettystuffies.tumblr.com/post/60974086418/win-a-4tb-wd-hdd (prettystuffies.tumblr.com)

Also Linus I use what I use because I cannot upgrade my laptop at this point

1. Crucial M4 256GB SSD for boot drive and main applications, 1x500gb WD Caviar Black HDD and 1x750GB WB Caviar Black HDD in MSI GX660R laptop (optical drive removed) to accomodate extra sata slot. Seagate Barracuda 3TB drive running on a USB3 enclosure for backups along with a Seagate GoFlex 500GB drive for everyday use. Would really like to centralise storage atm on a NAS and want to play around with RAID on these drives :-)

I run it like this to maximise my speed off my SSD. The M4 was recommended by Linus and a bunch of other review sites for reliability (my main priority) and speed was great. I run the 2 hard drives because the laptop allows 2 slots by default and the extra slot taken up by the DVD rewriter wasn't needed since an external one on the side is more than suitable and gives me that extra space for another HDD which i'll use more.

2. Facebook share from (Lucas O'Mahony): https://www.facebook.com/lucas.omahony/posts/440030662778689

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @lucasom3: https://twitter.com/lucasom3/status/377937575412908032

I use a Toshiba Canvio 1TB external hard drive because it was a decent value. I keep everything on it and just backup my data (which I don't have too much, since I don't have a lot of media) once a day.

I currently have a 240gb Samsung SSD, 120gb Kingston SSD, 80gb WD Velociraptor, and two 500gb WD Caviar blue drives. I have my SSDs for my OS and for select programs that I need to be very responsive and reliable. I have my HD's because I am a photographer and video editor so I am always running out of storage. If I were to reconfigure my system, I'd reserve one drive for OSX so I can make a dual boot hackintosh, variety is always good  :D

My storage setup is a Crucial M4 128GB SSD as my boot drive and a Seagate Barracuda 1TB drive for games and video editing. I use the Crucial M4 because it's a low cost, reliable SSD with decent speed, and I use a Barracuda because it's a low cost 7200 RPM drive with 64MB of cache. I'd love to upgrade to a WD Red drive setup because I have many times filled my 1TB drive with raw video, and I want a redundant way to archive my videos.

im running 1 500 gigabyte western digital black drive to hold all my games and my movies and one 30 corsair nova series ssd as my boot drive. i have a ssd as a boot drives just because my biggest pet peeve is a computer that takes FOREVER to turn on. but my computer has started to break down on me. im about to build a new gaming pc and i want to put 2 500 gig SSD in raid zero just to store my games and i also want to move all my movies to a NAS but alas i need more  $$$ or i can just pray and hope i win. ..........praying starts........now

twitter @ricardovine944  https://twitter.com/ricardovine944/status/377936908157865984

reddit Ricardovine944  http://www.reddit.com/r/giveaways/comments/1m7lgf/wd_red_4tb_giveaway_pax_giveaways/

btw thanks 

I have a pretty rockin' setup. Sit down before reading this, otherwise it'll knock you right off your feet. You have been warned.

Started my rig with a 5400RPM 500gb WD Blue. Awwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeah booooooiiiiiiiiiiii. 

I got this bad boy when I bought my first custom desktop (AMD AM2 POS.......we don't talk about it anymore.....)

I also have a 7200RPM 1TB WD Green drive I bought shortly after for storage needs.

But, here's the best part.

Current configuration after 4770k rebuild:

Main Drive: WD Green

Storage: WD Blue

Thats right, who needs SSD's when you have an Eco drive for your OS? Not this guy.

Ok, so really the only reason I have this setup is because storage was the last thing on my mind when rebuilding my rig. After building I had to quit both jobs for school and so now I don't have the money to invest in the proper Raid 0 SSD config and RAID 5 storage config that I would like to have. I also recently started editing videos for a club I am involved in at school, and so storage is rapidly becoming a bigger and bigger issue for me (I have about 300GB of my 1.5TB remaining at this point) . I plan on buying several of these drives once I graduate in 10 months, but it would be pretty freaking sweet to have one now.

I have a 1TB Toshiba HDD as It was all I could afford at the time

I would like a new drive i know is dependable before this one goes Kaput

Facebook Alex Easter https://www.facebook.com/AlexCarnifexEaster/posts/578600125536556

Twitter Share @GarlicButter https://twitter.com/GarIicButter/status/377939749756878848

Super-Earth.net bertman456 http://super-earth.net/index.php?threads/wd-red-4tb-giveaway.30832/

LinusTechTips

Shared Desktop configuration:

1. 1x    1 TB WD Black HDD    (WDC WD10 01FALS-00E8B)
  2. 1x    750 GB WD HDD    (WDC WD75 00AAKS-00RBA)
  3. 1x    3 TB WD Red HDD    (WDC WD30 ERFX-68AX9N0)
  4. 1x    1 TB WD Green HDD    (WDC WD10 EADS-00M2B0)

This computer is a hand-me-down from (take-over of) my older brother. When it was first assembled, he could only afford the 750 GB HDD.

He gradually added a 1 TB Black drive "for storage" due to his ineptness, but I recently turned this into the boot, programs and games HDD, while the 750 GB is relegated to data duty. He uses the drives mainly to produce music.

The 1 TB Green drive is mine and is in an external HDD enclosure for backup of my 100 GB laptop HDD, and to store downloads, videos, and installation files in case I have to do maintenance on my two siblings' computers, or friends'/extended family when they or I visit.

I bought the 3 TB hard drive because I've wanted a NAS for many years and decided to plan ahead for this goal; me running out of storage space and the drive being on sale for $150 triggered the purchase. I'm using it now to soley store videos, but I envision having a larger NAS + RAID array in order to more easily share Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc, with my entire household; the current ethernet/eHDD route doesn't cut it for file sharing/video streaming, since the gaming PC uses more electricity than necessary for this task, and it has to be powered on for file sharing to work. I have an organised and large library of lossless music and videos and wish to share this with my family in a more convenient way. With this in mind, I bought and subsequently returned a Synology DS212j after finding out Wireless N is not stable enough to reliably support wireless streaming of high-bitrate videos with audio. I think I was an idiot and should have done more testing, and/or forgot about wired sharing.

Twitter

https://twitter.com/TheOtherJN/status/377938708483166208

Some Other Community

Shoryuken forums:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/182838/linustechtips-having-wd-red-4tb-hdds-giveaway?new=1

1. I don't have a desktop, but I run an ASUS K55VD and it comes with a 500GB Hard Drive that's pretty much it. I used to have a Seagate harddrive but it died for some reason. I hope I win! 

2. Facebook share from Sonny Jacob Lee: https://www.facebook.com/ZengShangLin/posts/10152237680463289

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @zengshanglin: https://twitter.com/zengshanglin/status/377941793112748032

4. Community Site share with nickname (nickname goes here): (insert verifiable link here)

Tech. Fitness. Design. A Better Man Everyday.

I am building a Mini ITX gaming PC for my Birthday (October 7th). I am planning on having a SanDisk 64 GB boot SSD and then for my main storage I am planning on having a WD Caviar blue 500 GB mechanical hard drive. I would to have these grease drives because I am Going to make a lot of good quality gaming videos in 1920/1080P such as portal2, call of duty, halo 3 and 4, Gmod and just maybe minecraft but I do not think so.
I would really love if I could win this because I am on a budget of about $800. I am also using the Bitfenix Prodigy mini ITX case for this build. (I will also put the pictures of the parts that I am going to use in this build at the bottom). 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RollsRoycepro

post-39586-0-59143000-1378936159.jpg

post-39586-0-80281600-1378943132_thumb.j

post-39586-0-94104400-1378943138.jpg

post-39586-0-61490600-1378943146_thumb.j

post-39586-0-42429200-1378943162.jpg

post-39586-0-97213500-1378943169.jpg

post-39586-0-08292400-1378943185_thumb.j

post-39586-0-12791900-1378943194_thumb.j

post-39586-0-95993100-1378943201_thumb.j

I use single boot SSDs in all the machines in my house and I use a Synology 2-bay NAS with 2 2TB WD Red drives as my centralized storage. i use it for torrenting and media and whatever hoo-ha that isn't programs. Pretty much anything that doesn't execute goes on the NAS and everything that does goes on the SSDs. I hope I win!!!

I have a WD Blue 500GB I bought it because it was on sale and I had budget on my PC when I bought all of the parts, I was mostly worried about my GPU & CPU I wasn't thinking about storage :/

Reason why I want a extra hard drive is because of school, games, and videos! thanks! I hope I win D:

https://twitter.com/RideThatD1no

I have a 2.5” Seagate 120 Gb hard drive and a 3.5” WesternDigital 160 Gb hard drive on my desktop PC. 

Why? Because it’s what I have around. Do I need more storage capacity? Well I do, but I have no money -.-‘

i currently run a 240GB mushkin SSD for boot as its fast, and use also a portable 2TB HDD for storage as its cheap and didnt want to buy an internal.

I use 2 Patriot Wildfire 120GB SSDs in raid 0 because I wanted fast boot ups and short loading time in games.  For storage I use a WD Caviar Black 1TB because it was cheap yet fast.

I have a 120Gb SSD That I use For my Os the i have A 1Tb that I use To keep all my game and to back up extra Files that i mit need for later and i have 150 Gb hard drive to keep all of my movies And music together but that Not nearly big enough gor my music and movie so some of them are on my Tb

I have a 1 tb Seagate drive because thats all i had around  :)

I have a wd 1tb black for both boot and storage because I did not want to spend money on an ssd at the time. Now though, Im thinking about getting an ssd. 

I started off using a WD Cavier Black 750gb as it performed very well and gave me more cache than the 1tb drives at the time. I eventually added a 32gb Sandisk ssd for caching to it, which really helped. I only bought the 32 bcuz I was low on money. I now run a 256gb Samsung 840 Pro ssd as my boot drive, the 750gb WD Cavier Black for my applications (since its fairly fast), I'm still using the 32gb Sandisk ssd to cache the 750, and I've added a 500gb Seagate drive for movies. I've also got 2 external 650gb drives.

Honestly, I'm so tired of running out of space and having so much data spread across all these drives. I've got a system I can build into a NAS or windows server, but I don't have the drives to fill it.

The WD Red drives would be my first choice if I had the funds. Maybe this giveaway will make that dream come true. =)

Good luck to all of the participants!

Intel i7 8700k @ 5.3GHz - Asus Maximus X Hero - 16GB Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 - Viotek 27" 1440p 144hz curved- Corsair AX860i - CM H500M - Custom watercooling loop (BlackIce GT 360mm w/ Corsair SP120s in pull) - Swiftech MCP35X Pump - XSPC WaterBlock - Intel 760p 512gb nvme m.2 + [2x] 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs (RAID0) + 512GB Samsung 840 pro + (2) 2TB WD Black + 1TB WD Black + 1TB SCSI WD External for Plex Media Server storage - CM QuickFire TK w/ Cherry MX Blues - Roccat Tyon - VModa Crossfade LP - Klipsche ProMedia 2.1's pushed with a FiiO Andes F07K DAC