WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

For my computer i have 2 1tb hard drives, one for Os and games the other for videos. I don't have an ssd because i'm poor =P

I'm currently running only a 250gb seagate hard drive because i really cant afford much else. Having a 4tb wdred would be beyond amazing.

I have a OCZ 60gb as my boot drive and a 1tb western digital black since i want the speed of an ssd and the storage capacity. of an hdd

I use an intel 330 series 240 gb SSD as a boot drive for speed and reliability and I install all my productivity applications on it (Adobe CS6, Crestron Software Programming, Office, WAIK, etc...). I use 2 1tb WD black for my games and multimedia files.

I purchased a MSI GT60 From online because of Linus' love for it in the unboxing. It came with 1tb of space (2 WD 2.5 HDD at 500gb each)

I am wanting to replace the ODD for one of the HDD and put a SSD in slot one, but there is a warranty sticker in the way and I do not know where to get it upgraded without voiding the warranty. I have a 64gb flash drive as well as a 16gb for school stuff. I use the 16gb for letting people hold, I.E. teachers, friends, or co-workers who need files from me or vise versa. The 64gb is for trading stuff for my personal use. My fiance has a Toshiba satellite that has a 250gb hhd. I run a 64gb flash drive as my "home drive" that I have connected to my router. I have a 1tb 2.5 HDD from WD in my PS3 from when I used to console game.

I have a crucial C300 128GB SSD as boot and some program's

I then have a 2TB Seagate Barracuda and another 2TB Seagate Barracuda XT that have my documents, music, videos, pictures and games. However we had power cuts a while ago and one developed bad sectors so I've been thinking about consolidating them into one 4TB drive so if I win this giveaway that's how it'll be used.

I also have a Hitachi Deskstar 1TB which I use for some program's (normally larger installs) and backup.

I didn't particularly choose the storage I have for many reasons other than speed (sata 3) and competitive pricing to be honest I've relay collected my hdd's over time and made best use of what I have

Boot: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB

Mass Storage: WD Black 1TB

External Drive: WD Black 500 GB and WD Green 1TB

Orignally just got the WD Black 1TB to use for everything then a relative told me it wasn't good to have just 1 drive for everything, so I got the WD Black 500 GB for boot. After I decided to upgrade my system, I got the 840 Pro for boot (after some research and Linus showcasing it =D ) Switched out the 500 GB to a old esata/usb 2 enclosure as system backup and Green 1TB to usb 3 enclosure as multimedia backup.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thomas.lee.902/posts/10201927686982890 (Thomas Lee)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetaDrow/status/377900125479112704 (@MetaDrow)

I am currently running a 750 GB Seagate momentus hybrid drive along with a 500 GB 7200 RPM seagate 2.5" drive for extra storage. I am currently running this setup because, I have an ASUS g73jh that had 2 500 GB drives and I had upgraded the one to the 750 GB hybrid drive for faster boot times on my laptop. This spring I decided to build myself a desktop so, to save money and allow myself to build a faster tower with the budget I had I decided to put the 750 GB and a 500 GB into the desktop, leaving just the one 500 GB in my laptop. I wanted to be able to build as fast a desktop as I could so Using the drives I already had allowed me to spend a bit more on faster hardware.

When I didn't have a clue on how to build desktop pc's I got one prebuilt for me from ibuypower. My storage is simple and very reliable. I have a western digital caviar black 1tb. I chose this hard drive becuase it was cheap, heard amazing things about the drive, and just over 2 and a half years, the drive has never failed on me or even hade a hiccup!. Everything i run goes straight into my one drive, WesternDigital is king! :)

I have a fairly standard setup. I run a 120 GB Sandisk Extreme SSD for boot and applications and a 1 TB WD Caviar Blue for music and games. I chose this because of the reputation and reliability of these 2 drives as well as the speed of a relatively cheap SSD.

I am using 1TB Barracuda from Seagate because its 7200rpm 64MB Cache and most importantly it was on sale for 49.99CND from tigerdirect.  Not enough storage for me, so I also use 3TB external HDD from Hitachi and 2TB external HDD from Toshiba (both USB 3.0).

1. Im currently running 4 wd blue 500gb drives in raid 10. It's completely impractical but i literally had them sitting under my bed. I totally forgot about them and they were just collecting dust. I've been running them for almost 3 years now and they just keep going.

2. Facebook share from (Jared Meredith): (https://www.facebook.com/jtm2255/posts/498126436944908)

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @jaredETech: (https://twitter.com/jaredETech/status/377909314351931392)  

I use two 136GB 15K SCSI drives. One is my main boot drive which I use for my Windows 7 partition and then I use the other as a backup/steam/backup OS drive. These were originally set up in RAID with an LSI raid card but I need more storage and was less interested in speed.

My storage configuration

Desktop-

One Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 160gb for boot and user files.

One Samsung Spinpoint 5400 rpm 40gb for downloads and movies.

One Seagate GoFlex 5400 rpm 1tb external hard drive for files I need transferred or stored externally.

I use this setup to ensure my downloads, movies and personal data are separate from the main system hdd and to have my files with me wherever I am.

Laptop-

One Seagate Momentus 5400 rpm 60gb for everything.

I use this because it was a decent size for what I needed at the time I bought it and I use my desktop and external drive more.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 4

On my pc I use 2 256gb SSDs in raid 0 for my OS games and active files I store all my bulk files over 2x500gb WD pocket drives and 3x 1tb (random brands) desktop drives. I use this configuration to keep me organized and to keep my pc clear for games and active media, but I intend to buy 2 4tb WD reds for raid 1 for backup and bulk storage. The raid 0 on the 2 SSDs is so I have the space I Used regularly on previous PCs and so far it has served be well but to be honest I would prefer to have 4 SSDs in raid 0+1 so I can swap out bad drives as it comes up without any worry, but i would still want the pair of NAS drives just in case. Currently the $200+ price tag is all that is stopping me but I hope this black friday/ cyber monday I can get the 2 drives I desire. If i'm lucky It would be beneficial to receive one from this giveaway, thank you for your time and have a nice day.

twitter: https://twitter.com/AltBluLP/status/377903638271635456

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LawWaitt

I posted it on the long bio on my twitch.tv page, that might count... anyway twitch.tv/altblu

PS. you can never have enough storage or security 

I have a 600 gb 5400 rpm HDD from my laptop in my PC, i use it b/c what is cheaper than free?

Im in the process of configuring my 1st desktop! Money is kind of tight and storage would probably only be about 500gb right now which as a gamer is not nearly enough! C'mon WD and Linus help a broke college student out would ya!

I am currently running a 1 terabyte Seagate Barracuda HDD in a computer i made myself. I was making a budgeted build so I got this storage because it was cheap.

A 500gb 5400rpm western digital blue because it was cheap and I plan on getting a nas

Mhh..

Would be awesome to get my hands on one of these red drives because my green drives died over the past two month.

Used to run a Server with 3 2TB green drives and a 300GB raptor, now down to just the raptor HDD.

im running a 240gb corsair nuetron gtx for a boot drive and the steam games i play the most.  also i have 2 WD Black 2TB drives in raid 1 for a back up of the ssd and mass storage( 60+ games in steam library). when i build my system everyone i talked to said to get nothing but these drives 

I built my PC on a budget back in late 2011, so hard drives were still rather expensive but i got a Seagate 1tb drive.  Ended up having terrible speeds, my boot is slow, its noisy and i don't like it very much.  But as im on a budget and need a new CPU, I cannot lash out on an EVO or a new drive. I also lately bought a 60gb Fujitsu boot drive which im unhappy about due to it breaking in the first week I had it (some random malfunction) but I got a replacement.  So all in all, im not to happy with my storage setup.  As a budget build though, all the parts were cheap and on paper, pretty good but now its just a ghetto setup that im looking to change soon.

ATM i have a 2TB samsung that came stock with my pc and for backups i have a vary old 250GB samsung that i use for backups the reason for this setup it just plain i will never ever be able to afford anything better than this.

not sure how to use twitter 100% yet https://twitter.com/brenonbenn (@brenonbenn)

I have 1 160gb and a 110gb (2.5 inch hdd)in jbod and a ocz vertex le 100gb ssd as boot because the 3.5 hdd I have are from 2006 so probably on Their last legs and they are very loud and get hot.

Haha i use a 2 70 gb drives a 160gb and a 360 gb drive cos i robbed them out of my old pc's and i spent the remainder on my graphics hehe :)