WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I'm currently using a 1TB Seagate HDD on my desktop. I use it mostly for my games and college stuff... Would be nice to get rid of the hard drive noises.

Thank you for doing these giveaways and good luck to everyone who entered.

Two Seagate HDD's slim for my desktop in RAID 0. I would like to get some better more reliable HDD's which the WD RED's are.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I run a Sandisk SSD and a 1tb WD Green, I chose these as i had little money at the time, However, i will hopefully put another drive in raid 0 for the speed and extra capacity without it registering as a separate drives in windows.

Twitter : https://twitter.com/KnowYourQuarry/status/377852183024132096 @KnowYourQuarry

Current Rig : Corsair 330r, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 3570K, 8gb Crucial Balistix, KFA2 GTX680 White, Corsair AX750, Xonar Essence STX, Beyerdynamic DT770

i`m using corsair ssd  neutron gtx 120gb as my primary hard disk..so far so good..very fast booting..the read and write very fast..actually this is my first time using ssd.hehe..then my 2nd storage i use WD CAVIER BLUE 1TB for storage. I like to play games, so as you know many game that i keep in hdd. Other than that i use to store movie, music and anime. i feel a bit worried if someday my 1tb got something wrong. Then i saw linus video on youtube talk about wd red..Wow the red one got many feature and i kinda attract to it..if any chance i win, it is great honor..hehehe. In my opinion WD is very good quality, so far nothing wrong with my hdd and i very satified with it.  Thank Western Digital for the giveaway and also thank linus for the opportunity and great tips. Sorry for my bad english

I have in my computer 2 samsung 1TB drives for storage and i bought them because they were a very good value for the money at that time. 2 WD Velociraptor HLHX 600GB  in raid 0 wich i bought mainly for their raw sequential speed.I also use as a primary drive an OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 120 GB.I have the sata controller configured as AHCI so to be able to run my velociraptors in raid 0 i use Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

I run a 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 with dual boot (Win & Ubuntu) in my desktop with 1 or two games, as it was the fastest SATA3, but still semi economical SSD drive when I built my rig.  With that I have 2 X 1.5TB an 2 X 2TB Seagate drives for the rest of my games and music etc on the desktop in a JBOD setup (not wise, I know), as I added them one at a time.  

I then have a HP Proliant micro server currently serving as a NAS with a headless Ubuntu 12.04 server on a flash drive and 2 X 2TB Seagate drives in a software RAID1.  I have a cron with rsync to backup my music and photos from the desktop to the NAS once a day.  This space needs to drastically increase but I just haven't had the cash to buy 4 identical drives at the same time.

The reason I used to buy just Seagate is before they had the floods in their factories, they used to give a 5 year guarantee on their drives, unfortunately its only 2 years now :(

Four 4TB drives in a RAID5 sounds great, just hope another of them don't fail if you ever have to rebuild!

I'm currently using an Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB for my Boot drive and the Tools I use the most.

All my Games and Media files are stored on a pretty old 500GB WD Caviar Blue that is being cached by a 60GB Sandisk SSD which has been my boot drive before getting the Neutron. 

Im Pretty happy with this Setup even though the WD Drive is pretty small with my Steam Folder taking up about 250-300Gigs on its own :P

Also I'm thinking about throwing another Neutron GTX in for a Raid config with the existing one and replacing the Caviar with a new 1TB WD Blue drive and a Scythe Himuro to replace Silverstone Bay Converter that is carrying everything at the moment.

My Twitter Handle: https://twitter.com/LiikZ (reposting the announcement should be fine right?)

I'm currently running a desktop, two laptops and a NAS device.  In my desktop I only have one 500GB 3.5" drive.  The reason was that I needed to maximize storage within my budget.  The laptops use their standard 5,400 RPM drives.  The NAS device is a 2TB Western Digital My Book Live.  It serves as a networked shard data point for all of my household devices, and it does that job reasonably well.  However, it is lacking in the redundancy department.  I've already accidentally wiped it once, leaving priceless family photos and financial information gone forever.

I've always planned to up my desktop storage with a raid of two or more 1TB+ drives.  The reason being that I want to have some redundancy of the data on my desktop system as it is not only my primary gaming system, but also photo/video editing.  Add on top that I can then use my desktop system as a backup for the NAS device I run.  The storage size side of the 1TB+ requirement really comes into play with the video editing.  I mostly edit gameplay video, and recording that video at native resolution takes up space FAST.  So having the storage space to keep all my video while I'm editing, and the redundancy security to not worry about losing that video is important to me.

If I am to win the WD Reds of this contest, it would push my desire to have a redundancy storage system to new heights, as it would make more sense at that point to buy a full NAS system like a Drobo, which I could put the drives (and more drives later) into, hopefully solving my storage size and redundancy needs completely!

Using one WD Blue 500GB drive, because it was cheap and sufficient when i bought it a couple of years ago

HELLO

I run the storage configuration I have  because it is all i could afford at the time of my first build, but i am currently saving up a few bob to satisfy my storage needs.

what i have for storage now is

120GB kingston ssdnow v300 - for boot drive

seagate barracuda 2TB - for everything else 

I can see myself running out of space very quickly since i like to record my gameplay at high quality and i have an extensive collection of anime i would like to put an a HDD.

A 4TB WD HDD would do a lot for me. 

ps 

seagate reliability kinda scares me 

I use a 500g harddrive from my old laptop and a 80 g seagate HHD from a old school computer 

Amazing giveaway guys

I am running:

SSD Intel X25-M 80GB, as my boot drive, I have all my stuff installed on there, and it’s nearly full! I use a SSD because I had it given to me as a pass me down by a relative, I love the speed of it compared to a regular HDD.

Seagate 120GB SATA 1, Hard drive as my Image Bank, I am a graphics designer and I keep all my design work on there and all the images I take for easy access and easy to get when I need them, that’s all full. Why? I bought these 5 years ago with my system, and it was a good choice, I heard it lasts long, and it does not let me down.

160GB Seagate SATA 1 Backup, as my system backup, all my essential programs and game saves, profiles so I don’t need to re-do the game from the start if I need to reinstall me OS, and I also have some personal files on there, from design as my main design backup the Seagate one is full, and I have little space left, and I can only have 2 games installed at a time, and the backups or secondary ones are too slow to run anything off them anyway

No Raids as I don’t have the same hard drive model or size all are a mix and all pretty old too, so I can’t really RAID them, they are just installed and being run as individual HDDs

Thanks again for the wonderful giveaway!

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/atif.aziz.568/posts/512780732143126 - Atif aziz

Twitter - https://twitter.com/Joka232/status/377850590526582784 - Joka232

Other Website - http://www.hotukdeals.com/competitions/win-western-digital-red-4terabyte-linustechtips-com-1654265 - Joka232

i7 5960X OC 4.40Ghz II GTX 1080 Asus Stryx II X99S Gaming 7 MSI II 16GB Vengence DDR4 II 250GB Samsung 850 II 3x 1 TB HDD WD II 

Designer by Heart, Gamer by Blood

Send me a PM if you want a custom Profile Pic or Background!  --

If you like what I made you , share it with everyone In this thread Here!

Well, I have a 250 GB Samsung 840 SSD, a Seagate 3TB drive (cause it was not expensive and good for the money) and my old 1TB drive from my old computer. The reason I got it because I want the fast speeds of an SSD, a LOT of storage space for EVERYTHING I could ever want, and the old drive because I have yet to sort it out... Although I would like more space (to store my 3D renderings and fluid simulations), and to be able to download tons of films. Also I'd loveeee to have more space so I can finally properly record game footage: running games from and writing to my 3TB disk just isn't fast enough. At all... So that's why :D

1. Its nothing amazing, I'm using an Samsung SSD Pro 128GB as my boot drive inside my laptop, recommended SSD and as for my storage I use a 2.5" WD Blue 320GB which is getting full. I use this setup for 1,5years now and this is the best I can do for now.  I'm getting to finally build my personal rig yet got a tight budget so I decided to keep with my SSD and 2.5" hard drive for now because I prefer to spend more on a better graphics card and processor. 

I use this setup too because it is enough for now, no need to expand more, but soon I'm also thinking about making a home server which will require a little bit more storage as I have no place to put all the CDs and DVDs! :o

2. Facebook share from Bartek Kolodziejczyk: https://www.facebook.com/Valoru/posts/647243755310343

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @PCOtzi: https://twitter.com/PcOtzi/status/377850947059187712

4. Google+ share from Bartek Kolodziejczyk: https://plus.google.com/107991249981075968916/posts/6qERdtY9jH3

Good luck to everyone participating and best wishes from UK!!! :D

Welp, i chose my 2TB toshiba drive, because it was the best price to storage there was ATM. I'm now waiting to saveup for an SSD. Also was considering bying 2TB extra in the future. Not planning to raid those thou. Feel no need for that. And since i dont have any facebook or twitter... only one entry for me. Hope it's gonna be the golden one :D

HI!

My name is Walfred and im from mexico.

My current hard drive is : Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive 500GB, im running it on a Dekstop PC, if you are wonder why, is because here in mexico the Pc hardware is too expensive and i didnt have the money to buy a SSD.

i been playing mmorpgs since 1996 and i have a lot of games, so i need a lot of space on my pc and at the moment i dont have it.

i been trying to save money for a velociraptor but the cheapest that i have found (here in mexico) costs arround 420usd. 

Just an example of how bad is the economy in mexico. 3 months ago i finally upgrade my graphics card, from a gts250 to an used gtx560ti and i paid 200usd for it, a new gtx560ti costed arround 400usd :( sad, sad.

* in fact a SSD would be great for a HDD is fine :P

------------------------------

1.-

https://www.facebook.com/wallasinc

2.-
3.-  

Main PC:

On my main "daily driver" PC I use 2x250GB SSDs in raid 0, this gives me super fast 500GB, plenty of room to keep my Steam games and have super fast response. I don't care about the lesser reliability of a raid 0 setup, as I use my File Server to keep important information. All I need is fast performance. I don't mind re-installing windows or re-downloading steam games if needed, but i haven't had to so far. Been running for about a year on this setup, so far so good.

File Server:

On My File Server, I have 8x3TB WD Reds, and 3x2TB WD Greens.

The 8x3TB WD Reds are setup in Raid 6, from a LSI raid card, in case I need to move my raid array to a different motherboard.

I built this NAS to keep all the media for my whole house, so I want it to be rock solid, and built to last. So on top of the crazy good reliability on the WD reds I set them up in raid 6 so in the off chance that 2 of the WD reds fail, all of my critical data will still be save.

The 3x2TB WD Greens are setup in raid 0, off the motherboard raid controller.

I use this as a sandbox space, for none critical network storage. Browser downloads, and such.

this server runs an ssd as a boot drive... mostly because I had it laying around... no real need for an ssd on this server.

Carlos Callirgos

I have a  Buffalo Ministation 500GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Disk Drive, I use this to allow me to transfer files between computers and to extend storage. I do need to upgrade this and as i have had it for over 2 years now, would't it be grate if i got a new Hard drive.

I have a gaming computer with a Samsung 840 250gig SSD for windows/programs and a few games and a Corsair 120gig Force 3 drive for games.

I also have a server with another 120gig Force 3 ssd and then I have 1 x WD Black 500GB drive, 2 x 3TB WD Red drives, 2 x 2TB WD Black Enterprise drives and 1 x 1TB WD Black drive.

The reason for my setup:

I didnt want any harddrives in my gaming rig beucase they are too big and I want to make it as beutiful and silent as possible, and I really like the speed of SSDs!

My server is running a SSD for OS, becuase its fast and then obviusly mechanical harddrives for storage because they are big and I have built up my drive "pool" for some years now, never had a WD die or any problems with them, which is why I only ever buy WD when it comes to mechanical drives. :)

(Comming soon)

1.I have 2 old 80 GB Seagate drives, one of which is my boot drive. I have another 500 GB Seagate drive for mass storage and 2 external 500 GB Transcend drives. I have this setup because the boot drive came with my system, the other 80 GB drive was a refurbished one for a compelling price at the time, the 500 GB was bought from my savings for storage expansion and the 1 TB didn't fit my budget. The external 500 GB drives were given to me by my sister as a present. I have all my data spanned across them in a really unreliable and unorganized way.

2. Facebook share from Vatsal Patel: https://www.facebook.com/techenthusiast/posts/10200345382869792

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @vp47el: https://twitter.com/vp47el/status/377854024059334656

1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA)

And a 500Gb extern hard disk.

It is a cheap one but i chose to spent more on my grafic cards. 2 x xfx7970 ghz edition.

I use the extern hard drive for files for my clan site. Intro videos, clan events videos.

But i was looking for a small ssd for myn windows drivers

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 1TB (Raid 1, 2x1TB), 1TB Green , a 4TB nas (5x1TB in raid 1), 6TB nas (4x2TB) and a 1TB External Drive

CPU: i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Maximus V Extreme | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengance Red 1866Mhz | GPU:Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 SLI | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 2x1TB Seagate barracuda in RAID 1 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: HAF X Nvidia Edition | Mouse: Corsair M95 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 | LG Blu-Ray Player | 27" 2560x1440p Shimian, Acer 1920x1080p | AKG K550 Headphones | Behringer MS40 Speakers

At this moment I have a 256 Gb SSD from samsung (830) I use this for my OS and most important programmas that I want to use fast such as steam including my better played games.

Than I have a 630 Gb WD green HDD That I scapped from my old pc which I use for downloads only

And I have a 1,5Tb WD green HDD that I bought when I assembled my new PC this is for mass storages including all my game files.

I have a quite old pc, with one Samsung 500GB hard drive and one 1TB Toshiba external drive, just because they were very cheap.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/victor.dumitru.54/posts/603630849699483 ( Victor Dumitru )

Twitter: https://twitter.com/iPhoneGamer1/status/377854020578062336 ( @iPhoneGamer1 )

Google+: https://plus.google.com/101054396388083332596/posts/2CLnsdgMW92 ( trypodification@gmail.com )