WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

i have a hdd seagate 1tb for all programm, a hdd hitachi 160 gb for windows and a hdd maxtor 50gb for backup

1. I'm using a Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAII HDD, it's my only drive, I bought it because I believe WD are high quality drives and it was all I could afford. It's 3 years old and it's running great. I use it for everything (OS, games, movies, personal files...) and I'm backing up my important files on DVDs from time to time.

2. Here's a link to my facebook.

Thanks to Western Digital and to Linus & team for this great giveaway. Good luck to all :)

I use a 1TB drive, its good enough to hold many games. Never had an SSD but not worth the price VS performance in my opinion but maybe ill get one later on.

i have a 120 gig SSD for boot and games and software. because i do video editing i want Premiere to load very quickly. i also have a 1 TB wd black for storage for all my movies and some games and pictures and the normal back ups of everything. if only i can back up my storage drive everything would be awesome. but i cant afford one at the moment

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Hey i have intel core 2 Duo Desktop if i talk about my store then i do have some Buch of drives As per my primary its HDD Seagate 250GB,Secondary 500 GB HDD,1TB USB Drive seagate and my main backup i can say my primary for all Media storage and games and Music its WD 2 TB MY book essential i always like WD they always have the best Product with encryption now i am planning to switch to WD for all my Primary and secondary drive but Guy like me always had a one problem its Storage its fills out so fast that you cant even imagine winning one drive from you guys would be amazing,thank you 

https://twitter.com/dharmik_mehta

1. I'm using an old 1TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD i think, i don't remember the exact name for it because it's going to be a bit over 2 years old now, I got it because it had a really good price and it's working fine ever since. I would like to get some kind of 120 or 240GB SSD for my OS and some of my games in the future.

2. Facebook share from Oleksandr Slick: https://www.facebook.com/oleksandr.shyshkin/posts/650541774979425

2. Twitter share with Twitter handle @OleksandrS: https://twitter.com/OlekandrS/status/377862794650980352

4. Community Site share with nickname OlekKing: http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?10964-Western-Digital-Red-4TB-giveaway-by-LinusTechTips&p=225983#post225983

Also huge thanks to you guys and to the guys over at WD for making this giveaway possible!

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I fit the example in the video to a T. I have an OCZ Agility 3 256GB as my boot drive and a WD Green 2TB as my steam drive and program drive. I would love to receive the WD Reds to form a RAID array for back-ups and to store my media and games. 

May I please have an image signature?

-WD caviar black 1TB partitioned half for linux, half for win7

-No SSD :o

And finally, this isn't really a physical drive, but I'm going to mention it anyway.

-16GB corsair vengence 1600 MHz Ramdisk

Why?

WD black because I was looking for a high performance drive with a small seek time, and 1TB was more than enough for me (and the price was pretty affordable).

The ramdisk is for certain programs, like UDK or photoshop for example. It's quite possibly the fastest thing in the entire universe :o

I was benchmarking it with crystal disk, and got about 9000MB/s read and about 7000MB/s write if I remember correctly.

facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/ChocolateSheep2

Right now, I have a 5 year-old Thinkpad SL510 that's running a Samsung 830 128gb SSD. I'd been meaning to upgrade from the relatively anemic 320gb Hitachi 5400rpm HDD that came with the laptop for a while, but I found a nice one on sale last summer and I heard some great things about Samsung SSDs online and from my friends. Needlessly to say, it has really breathed new life into my Thinkpad, but I am seriously running out of room and I've been wanting to build a new system for a while.

At the moment I have a Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD for storing my games and operating system on, which is super quick. And I also have a 2TB WD My Book Live for storing my general photos, videos and backing up through my Wi-Fi.

Good luck to everyone else anyway.

1. Running Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB as system drive with all my applications on it + few games I need to run fast. For mass storage (which isn't really massive, yet) I'm running WD 2.5" 1TB external drive on which I'm backing up the SSD too. I chose external because it's really easy to carry if someone needs my data and I don't really see drawbacks - as I can have couple of them.
As for this giveaway, it would be nice to do a NAS for my movie and music collection which is getting big. Or just expand a bit so I can record some beautiful gameplay with this machine!

2. Facebook share from (Tomáš Plesník): (https://www.facebook.com/tomas.plesnik.58/posts/10201200050377938)
3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @phantomasko: (https://twitter.com/phantomasko/status/377867907901845504)

Spoiler

CPU: INTEL Core i7-3820 @ stock (w/ stock cooler with light mod) Motherboard: MSI X79A-GD45 (8D) RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz CL9

GPU: ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 Power Supply: Corsair TX850M SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (good batch) HDD: Toshiba 3.5" 2TB 7.2K + WD 2.5" 1TB 

Case: CORSAIR 400R Carbide Series Cooling: Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 LT + 5x Gelid Wing 14 UV Blue, 2x Gelid Wing 12 UV Blue, DEMCiflex filter kit 

Monitor: 24" BenQ BL2410PT Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (w/ browns) Joystick: Sony Dualshock4

Audio: FiiO E17 Alpen + AKG K702 / Etymotic Research HF5 / Yamaha HS5

Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD, WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive, Seagate Expansion 3TB External Hard Drive, I run this Storage Configuration because i need the SSD to make the boot up faster, My HDD was for my games and etc. and last my external HDD is to archive all my blue ray 1080p movies :P

my desktop configuration is pretty makeshift, composed of all used parts :)  I took my samsung 840 ssd (250gb) from my notebook, that i gave to my mom with the original hard drive put back in, and am using it as my boot drive. And for my steam games i am using a 7 year old 250gb Seagate Barracuda that i took from an old dell xps tower :D 

Why? because they are functional drives, and i love the performance of the ssd as my boot drive, and the ancient barracuda drive is just fine for my games (hopefully). 

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

Hi Linus! Awesome you're doing another giveaway  :D.

I only use a 1TB Seagate Barracuda drive because SSD's where too expensive at the time and it made more sense for me to wait for them to drop in prices (as they have) and the WD Black was a bit more expensive than the Barracuda and because i had a limited budget, it was the more viable option. I'd love to have a 4TB drive for all my movies and footage as the limit to how much i can store on my drive is creeping up  :P

I have 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA II drive, because I bought OEM system, and it was in it.

I'm really close to buying 120GB Samsung 840 SSD, Because I want lightning speed boot and not worry about failing mechanical parts that move inside.

I also have 750GB external Samsung HDD for moving large files between my computer and my mom's computer + I keep some backup there.

My arsenal is also equipped with 16GB Corsair Survivor Stealth USB 3.0 pendrive for having essential files with me at all times and it's very riggid.

If I had some more money, I'd get a big HDD to expand my 1TB storage (it's allmost full).

If I had even more money, I'd get a proper NAS :)

Facebook share from me (name is Hubert): https://www.facebook.com/hubert.dera/posts/608396902545025

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

May Rig contain several hard drives and they are:   ·         Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD. - For system fast boot and all my programs.
  • Western Digital Black – 1TB. – For all may games (Steam and others) because of speed.
  • Western Digital Green – 1TB. – For storing music, films and pictures.
  • Western Digital Blue – 650Gb. – For buckup.

Last Drive is 5 year old and needs replacing soon. Would be grate to run external NAS configuration for backup and extra storage.

Facebook share from Adam Szypulski https://www.facebook.com/adam.szypulski/posts/706591912689191

Greetings,

I have a strong Desktop PC with 1 SSD and 3 HDDs.

1 Samsung 840 pro 128 gb for the OS and important programs where I need fast acess and speed. I ran also 2 WD RED 1 tb in Raid 0.

My original plan was to run these in Raid 1 but through the poor performance from the mainboard Intel Raidcontroller (around 40 mb/s read) I made a Raid0. Its not really save and more like a compromise for now but I wanted that extra speed and in the time with Raid0 I can backup on different drives which my 3rd hdd and 1 old USB drive is for.

The 3rd HDD, Samsung 1tb 5400 rpm, is only for backups and with already 10.000h Lifetime.

As soon as I get Windows 8.1 I will try again Raid 1 and try to keep all my data (500 gb programs, Games, music, videos, documents etc) as save as possible.

I try to use only Samsung SSDs because they are reliable and have a really high quality. The same with Samsung HDDs but I was not able to get new Samsung hdds so I got the WDs. Red because I wanted a Raid setup anyways and the drive works as good as high cost Server Harddrives.

No extra entry because I will never ever make a facebook account :)

Well I have not that many posts but Im active on overclock.net but maybe I will look into this forum in the future aswell.

For my pc i run a Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD[well soon.. yay contest win from another place] and my storage setup is only a 1tb drive[sAMSUNG HD103SI] but it only has around 180gigs left on it,i dont have anything to back up that drive and my net isnt that good at all so i cant use the cloud to back it up nore do i trust the cloud anyways, so one can say ill be boned if/when my drive crashes[knock on wood]

My desktop pc has:

128GB vertex 3 (full)

250GB ?toshiba? hdd (full)

1TB samsung F3 hdd (full)

3TB seagate barracuda hdd (full)

250GB Lacie external hdd (full)

2*500GB seagate external hdd (almost full)

500GB WD my passport external hdd (full)

I run this configuration because everytime my computer runs out of storage i add a new drive.

I am verry scared that a drive will fail some day and i will lose my files. (some drives make weird sounds and sometimes do not show up in windows)

The external hdd's I use to backup photo's, video's and music.

I'm using:

One Samsung 840 Pro with 128Gb for boot OS and productive software

One AData SX900 with 128Gb for games

One Wester Digital Caviar Black with 750Gb for storage

One Western Digital Caviar Green with 1Tb for storage

One Seagate Barracuda with 2Tb for storage

all of these are internal drives and and the AData SSD and the two WD drives were passed on from my previous PC.

One Synology DS209+II dualbay NAS with 1Tb of effective storage in Raid 1 which I use to pass on media files from my main PC to either our HTPC downstairs or my personal HTPC on my mezzanine. Both HTPCs only have a 32Gb AData SP600 SSD for main OS. 

The reason why I have so much storage is because I am an avid anime fan and also listen to a lot of music which I prefer to have in lossless formats which takes up a lot of space.

The anime shows I have watched take up 500Gb of storage. This does not count in the anime I am currently watching and the anime that I still want to watch, which take another 500Gb.  

I'm using a 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7000.12 as my boot drive because I got it with my pc(I bought it pre build, but most of it is replaced by now), and I have an additional WD Blue 1TB drive, because I need this kind of storage for my YouTube videos and it fit my budget perfectly at the time. I had a 1TB WD Green drive, but it died last month, probably from age and heavy usage and I currently have it in data recovery(I lost about ~150 of my YouTube videos, some not even uploaded + other files). Later this month I will probably replace my boot drive with a Samsung 840 128GB, because my current boot drive won't last very long, and I need good performance and reliability. I'll still need more storage, because as soon as I'll start making videos again, my WD Blue won't really be enough for my needs, but I don't have enough money for both SSD and a HDD.

I'm using one Seagate 750GB HD and one Seagate 300 GB HD because I got them for cheap and give me nice amount of space.

I have a 1TB Hitachi deskstar 7k2000

I use it because it has lots of nice features such as anti vibration technology and low failure rates. It was also on sale so i got it for £37 ($58.5)

I would like to upgrade to have a second drive for redundancy but don't have the money to do so. The red would be nice for that as i could then add more 1TB hard drives when i get money and have them set up as separate drives and the 4tb wd red for redundancy. Then i can get really nice performance from using 2 drives at once to run different software.

I'm currently using a 500GB seagate barracuda for games, any programs that are important and pictures and videos. I also have a 120GB corsair force 3 SSD for a boot drive and any programs that aren't super important. I use these drive unfortunatly because they're all I could afford when I built my pc