WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

i am using a 1tb laptop harddrive and a 1 tb western digital external hard drive as i have a lot of games !!!

1. My storage configuration is a 120gb Kingston HyperX SSD for my OS and game and programs I'm using a lot. For my bulk of the storage i have a Samsung EcoGreen F4 2TB and a WD Blue 500gb for my games and programs.

2.Twitter:https://twitter.com/cooler101x47/status/377842482463002624@cooler101x47

3.Facebook:http://puu.sh/4oKiz.png ( used pic cause i couldn't figure out how  to link the share here)

4.Community sharing:http://www.avsforum.com/forums/posts/by_user/id/8500758@jacakeus

I run my configuration because at the time of my build, I was going for a budget. I have a 512GB WD HDD for storage, with a 320GB 2.5" laptop HDD for boot. I run this configuration mainly to save money. I gutted my broken macbook, and took its HDD. My uncle cameby and gave me the 512GB HDD when I helped him install his OS. Thanks Uncle!

I have 2x Samsung 840s (which I got on sale for $100 and $89) and 1x Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB.

I have 1 of the SSDs holding my OS and my most played games. The other 2 I just have them as storage.

I was planning on going RAID 0, but I didn't want to deal with losing all of my data in the case of one of the SSDs failing.

I'm okay with the speed of them working on their own and haven't run out of space on the first one yet because I store all of my media on the HDD.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xminseok/posts/10151940450278694 Minseok Eric Kim - https://www.facebook.com/xminseok

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Minzoik/status/377847292364980224 @Minzoik

Other Community site: http://theunknown-abyss.tumblr.com/post/60944942000/linus-tech-tips-wd-ret-4tb-giveaway - theunknown-abyss:http://theunknown-abyss.tumblr.com/about

Nisi credideritis, non intelligetis.

My laptop has a 700GB HDD, I have a 1TB external USB drive and a USB Drive dock where I can swap either of my 250GB or 120GB harddrives :)

Building my first computer and I'd love to have one of these huge drives for games and stuff! But as for storage, I have a WD Blue 750gb HDD my brother gave me from his old computer.

My PCs are nothing interesting.. I run a 1 tb WD caviar black in my main desktop, my htpc has a 600gb velociraptor, and my dev laptop has a 160gb scorpio black drive. My server is a bit more interesting. I run 2 (mirrored) 1 TB caviar black drives for NAS. The server was kind of an afterthought. I never really planned to make a server but I have way too many old parts around from building systems so I figured I might as well throw together a server to store some files on. The reason I used the drives was because I just happened to have them sitting around. I always think about getting some more suitable drives but I never actually get around to it. So if I won a drive it would definitely go into my server.

My Nas set up is 

1) asus E35M1-M Pro with 8 gigs of ram with WHS2011 using on board raid cant afford a raid card at this time to run Raid 5 config 

2) my power supply is OCZ ZT 650W  

3) The case is a Fractal Design R4 white with window

4) I'm using a Samsung 840 SSD 250Gig as boot drive because of your review on yours crashing.

5) just got 2 WD Red drives 3T id like to have 4 in the Nas 

Why? I picked the parts I have is because of your linus tech tips and NCIX reviews on them. I watched your Video on Nas. its this one. ultimate windows home server guide part one. 

i'm on a budget aswell. lol  My Nas is for movie streamimg, ihome, and pictures This has been the most fun I have had building a rig.

i'm not finished yet but here is a pic of the set up so far. 

Thank Linus for your Videos. 

post-28397-0-77792900-1378920876_thumb.j

On my desktop I currently run a 128gb samsung 830 for my boot drive because at the time it was renound for its great price point along side with a 1tb samsung spinpoint f3 which i picked up second hand due to funds to store all of my games and films but currently lacking in films as my hdd is full :)

Another giveaway :D

right now I have a Vertex 3 120GB ssd (for boot and my precious game) + 2x1000GB raid 0 WD Green (for cheap storage)

I also have a cheap man's nas (raspberry pi and 2x300GB raid 1 (7 year old) seagates barracuda and 1 WD black).

At the moment i have 1tb wd hdd but i really need more storage. This is mostly as i want to start up a gaming website, stream it and record but i don't have enough space for the games and videos let alone the software as it is used up with my pictures and music i want to use. I also want to start up a website from my pc so this would rly help.

I'm useing 2 HDD's. Primary HDD is an SAMSUNG 160Gb and the secound one is an 80Gb Seagate. Why I'm useing these? Because they have nice perfomance and the main factor... they are cheap :( . Good luck to all ! ^_^

80 GB vertex 2 OS drive, couple years old now and should probably upgrade. 1 TB WD black for applications and games (steam folder is almost 700GB). 5 TB in storage (2TB green, 1TB green, 2TB seagate) with zero redundancy because I have way too much crap and not enough money for proper a RAID.

Right now I am using a Intel 80Gb SSD as my boot, Toshiba 1TB as my main storage, and a Seagate 250Gb as backup. I use my SSD for my video editing apps while my 1TB takes care of my games/media/video recordings. The speed of the ssd is why I use it for booting and small programs, while the 1Tb (used to) suit me okay for my media storage needs. I'll tell you this though 1TB is not nearly enough when you use FRAPs to capture 2560X1440 full sized video for longer than maybe 10min, I've had my eye on WD drives this year to expand my capacity/performance. Reliability is a concern so WD's NAS technology makes me feel a lot more secure with my data than my years old plain HDDs. 

So pleased that WD is giving a giveway :) they are very generous to give 8 of them away. My current storage setup is a 500gb hdd and i got a 2tb WD caviar green. I have the 500gb drive because the computer i have was a present for Christmas a couple years ago and i have been upgrading it gradually since. i got the 2tb drive last Christmas with the money i got and im pleased i have it as it means i dont have to worry if im going to run out of space anymore and it was good to have because of going to college that year. (UK college not NA type). i bought the green dive over the others because it said about power saving and im too young to live on my own so live with parents who always blame me for electric bills.

I would like to win this giveaway so that i can migrate all of my data to the drives and no longer have to have the 500gb drive in my system.

I use a 128GB Samsung 830 series. I chose it as I already had it from an old build! I would have more storage but I don't have enough money!

I'm running an Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD, a Seagate Barracuda 1TB and an old seagate 320GB.

The SSD I have for boot and games, because you know speed! I need a larger than 120GB SSD so that my games will fit, and I was recommended by my brother to buy Intel, so I did. The 1TB drive was an external drive to begin with but the micro-usb 3.0 connector broke so I had to put the drive in my computer. And the 320GB one was the boot drive of one of my old machines. The 1TB and 320GB I use for storage. Music, movies, pictures etc.

For my storage in my computer I had to choose between a harddrive or a ssd, because of my  budget, so I went with a 256 samsung ssd. 256gb is the only storage I have in my main desktop. But I have a old server to put my songs etc, thats how i survive. But it wouldn´t hurt with a 4yb harddrive because the server is not that fast. 

Saw the video of this on Youtube and was instantly pretty excited.

I'm currently running a fairly ghetto server. G550/H61 base, Arc Mini case, 2x2TB and 2x3TB (Seagate) drives, so 5TB of actual space when you take into account backups.

I've been wanting to jump up to a WD Red FlexRAID setup for a while because my media collection took even me by surprise and is expanding... quite quickly. I'm at the point where I'm having to burn and delete stuff on the server to make space, and to me, this is just not what a server should be. I want it to be a place where I don't even have to think "Do I have enough space for this?" and can just keep everything all in one place.

Were I to win, I'd be running the drives in either a 1:1 backup (until I had the money for a third for RAID 5), or 3+1 RAID 5 if I got the four. Good luck to everyone.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.beirne.9?hc_location=stream (Richard Beirne)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Serephucus (@Serephucus)

Boards.ie: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86489077&postcount=8308 (Serephucus)

I use a 1tb hard drive as my main storage and for my OS. I also have an old 300gb Hard drive I use for backing up some things. I can't afford any more than these drives and they run ok but they aren't enough for all the games I have. Would love an upgrade so I can do backups and have more space for games.

My storage situation is kinda whacky

I have the following

120Gig Kingston SSDNow for a boot drive 

Had just a 1TB WD Blue for storage but had to add another 1TB WD Blue in Raid 0 so that I can capture my gameplay to disk without expensive capture cards

I use a 6 year old External desktop 1TB WD My book (which has a green in it) for rarely used media rips and for daily backups of the important stuff on the raid setup. 

! had a 1TB WD My book USB3.0 external drive to take stuff around for the work laptop (which in itself has a 256Gig Samsung 840 pro SSD). The 'had' is because it was recently stolen while I was travelling. To replace this I chose a Bufallo 1TB portable. 

Thats a total of 4TB TB and 370 GB of storage :D

The WD reds would push me over the fence in my decision to buy a NAS which I have been contemplating for a while now.

1. Right now i have a Kingston SSD 120Gb for boot and a 320Gb WD HDD for other storage, I'm using this configuration because it makes my PC operate quite fast, i was thinking to use my SSD as cache for the HDD but i'm pretty sure i'l make my PC slower that way; also my HDD is rather old and I would like to upgrade it; needless to say due to its limited capacity it's full almost all the time and whenever i want to add something new i have to erase something else  :(; so it would mean the world for me if you could give me those uber storage drives.

2. Facebook share from Stavaru Cosmin: https://www.facebook.com/stavaru.cosmin/posts/10200815433692087

3. Twitter share @Cosmin90106272 : https://twitter.com/Cosmin90106272/status/377848252550217728

4. Google+ share from Cosmin Saber : https://plus.google.com/u/0/104722936988148838838/posts/YjZZUxzX9pJ

I am currently running 

Internally

1x WD 640 GB drive because when they came out they were very fast (4kb sectors if I remember correctly) (it is my boot drive)

2x WD 1500 GB drives because they were the biggest I could get at the time

3x WD 2000 GB drives because I lost 4TB of data on my 2TB Seagates

Using a custom 6x sata power cable I made for my corsair PSU.

that is using all my 6 internal sata ports

Externally

1x WD 2000 GB external passport drive

I am running out of space

probably getting another WD 2000 GB external drive.

all but the 640 GB drives are running ExFAT with 32MB clusters to avoid fragmentation (they store large media files)

i have a samsung 8400 120gb ssd as my boot system, because of your freakin´ nice commercial.

also i have a 2tb hdd "what ever brand it is" for mass storage of videos, images (of all my game dvd´s) and music and finnaly i run a raid 0 with 2 old 500gb hdds for my steam library (750gb) and some other installed games with a decent speed.

i love you guys and go on making funny videos <3

greetings

helge

I am using a five year old Hitachi 1TB Deskstar from the first rig I ever built. It still works fine so I put it in my current pc and use it for steam, movies, and music. I also have an Intel 60gb 320 series SSD. I bought it because it was like $40 after rebate (I never got the rebate :(. I use this SSD for Boot and programs that I use a lot. I also have a Corsair Nova 2 60gb SSD that didn't work on my brother's motherboard so he gave that to me :D. I use this SSD for programs that I use often as well.