Best or most Powerful music you ever heard in a game

Sumtinwon

Harry Gregson-Williams' score in Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 was simply outstanding.

Chrono Trigger also comes to mind as being incredible throughout.

Used to sit for an hour at the menu screen listening to this music... Good memories in this game  :D

that deadmou5e song from goat simulator

Chief of the Red Hands multi-gaming group

Mario theme tune?
Everyone knows that.

MGS_Exclamation_Mark_Icon.png

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

That moment when you first land in skellige and start hearing "fields of ard skellig" in the background is one of my most cherished gaming memories.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

The orchestra version of "To Zanarkand" from FFX is nothing short of epic

It has to be that one for me.

Then again... this one is a very good contender IMHO.

(Yeah, I know, its overrated, but I fuckin' love it)

As others have already done I have to also post some Zelda. I could post something from any of those games, every one has at least one track that's amazing. Especially in the context of the game. Infact if someone asked me to post the ten best themes from games I'd probably have to stop myself from posting just stuff from Zelda.

Also, sticking with Nintendo for a bit here.... they also have one of the best opening themes. And it was on the NES of all systems. Start that game and you immediately know what the deal is. Super Metroid is just as good but because of the extra tools available to them? The sound isn't quite as unsettling. IMO.

Outside of Nintendo? It might be a bit obvious but the Beach Boys scene in Bioshock Infinite is the one that sticks out for me.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I fucking loved the mission in Far Cry 3 where you burned weed with a flamethrower while Skrillex played in the background.

I always get stuck humming the Elder Scrolls theme song any time I play any of the games

I liked NFS: Most Wanted's soundtrack for the most part

Other than that, I can't think of many other games that had music that really stood out to me. My brother says Undertale has a pretty good soundtrack, but I haven't/probably won't ever play it, sooooo...

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Game: The Talos Principle

Music: Virgo Serena

Game: Serious Sam Classic - The Second Encounter

Music: Grand Cathedral

For me it's either the soundtrack for the Witcher 3, or The Halo 1 theme.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Command & Conquer, will remember this one forever

Red alert, can listen to this one all day

Loved this one in arkham city

And this one is awesome as well

There's lots more but these are the ones i thought of immediately when i saw the topic.

I have no signature

I really liked the music in Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 3, Final Fantasy IX, and Metal Gear Rising. MGR's music just feels like "fuck yeah" when i am playing the game.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I've always been a huge fan of NES Ninja Gaiden music, but I'm old so...

Max Payne 3 OST is gorgeous.

In another style, TW3 is also very good.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Seeing some neat things here..

-= Maximus VIII Extreme ||| I7-6700K |||  32Gb DDr4 @2123Mhz ||| Msi RTX 2080Ti =-