Best MOBO for i7 6700k or 6700

Hi guys,

Im looking to buy a motherboard for this CPU, my budget is arround 200-250$. Please give me an option wich should i buy and why Please! :D

What size? What are you looking for in the board?

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

If you dont need anything "specific":

For the 6700 (as you cant overclock it, you dont need a Z-Board): Asus H170 Pro Gaming. Quite Cheap but has all features you could need, and good connectivity.

6700k: Here you want a Z-170 board.

Check out the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, or the Asrock Z170 Extreme 4 (comes with even an Diagnostic LED).

You should NOT spend 250 bucks on a Skylake Motherboard. Never.

The Highest, i find okay, is something like an Asus Z170 VIII Ranger, and that ONLY if you are quite enthusiastic about OC-Features. But other than that, those 2 mentioned Z170 Boards will do everything just fine, and also 4,5 / 4,6 ghz wont be any issue.

I have the gigabyte z170 gaming 7. about 220, but i got mine at microcenter for 180. aside from the coloring, as the red and white clash with my concept colors and my ever growing need for more fan plugins, I have 0 complaints about the board. the bios can be a bit of a pain as my mouse acts its trugging through mud when navigating, but if you use your keyboard then no biggie. there are plenty of pcie cable plugs, room for 2 m.2 cards (but with both in use you cannot use the third pci slot, which is not a problem as i am going sli as it is). and with the 6700k its easy enough to oc.

id reccomend it as it fits your budget, good for the k series cpus, and for gaming in general.

Chief of the Red Hands multi-gaming group

Be more specific, i couldnt understand the question, sorry! :D

Quote people when replying (the person who gets quoted gets a notification)

What size board are you looking for (itx, mATX, ATX, etc.)

Any pref colours?

What do you need on the board?

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA