so did anybody feel bad for going off on Shaw Internet?

solomongrundy

i must admit I jumped on the "Lets beat down on Shaw" bandwagon. was i ever wrong/... my bad Shaw internet... my bad.

Yes. I cancelled my phone and cable becaus of that.

lol jk

I cancelled my cable and phone because i don't need it and just was offered a $100 voucher for signing up for at least a month. Made $90 money well spend lol.

As someone who has show it's a horrible over priced pos. I want 6mbps but I can't unless i upgrade my how package. Sucks but I understand how it works though so I somewhat understand.

But yes I do admit I jumped the bandwagon if you can call it that. It did seem like that was what is was.

But I would expect with the amount of equipment linus owns I would expect him to be able to detect an increase in bandwidth upload/download instead of a throttling. Maybe I'm wrong but that's would I would think.

But FUCK who ever was ddosing him I think we should totally not ddos them back. But we will never know who. But you have to have one sad ass life if you are ddosing someone doing a stream. Like seriously get a friend meant some boys or girls and just get a god dam life you pathetic piece of shit. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

i agree... whoever that douchebag was, i hope they run out of chicken nuggets the next time he orders at McDonalds.

Yes. I cancelled my phone and cable becaus of that.

LOL JK

I cancelled my cable and phone because i don't need it and just was offered a $100 voucher for signing up for at least a month. Made $90 money well spend lol.

But yes I do admit I jumped the bandwagon if you can call it that. It did seem like that was what is was.

But i'm sorry to say I would expect with the amount of equipment linus owns I would expect him to be able to detect an increase in bandwidth upload/bownload instead of a throttling. Maybe I'm wrong but that's would I would think.

But FUCK who ever was ddosing him I think we should totally not ddos them back. But we will never know who. But you have to have one fucking sad as life if you are ddosing someone doing a stream. Like seriously get a fucking friend meant some boys or girls and just get a god dam life you pathetic piece of shit.

So you flamed their service even though you weren't personally experiencing problems with it? How incredibly childish..

Well you could consider the viewers (eg: us) as personally experiencing problems with it.

Think of it this way, when I'm watching the Live Stream WAN Show, any internet connectivity issues Linus experiences, I also experience by a degraded viewing experience.

While it is best to let Linus, Slick, and their team handle it by contacting Shaw support on their own, it does make a certain kind of sense by letting Shaw know that you as a user are experiencing issues from a Public Stream that is being run off of their services. It doesn't help Shaw diagnose the issue at all, but it does help put the pressure on for them to diagnose the actual issue rather than saying "Problem isn't on our end" and shirking responsibility.

Linus said on the last WAN show that Shaw was in fact responsible for one stream's issues, but most of the issues were the DDoS via Skype vulnerabilities.

Personally I didn't contact Shaw, and left it to the LTT team to work it all out.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well you could consider the viewers (eg: us) as personally experiencing problems with it.

Think of it this way, when I'm watching the Live Stream WAN Show, any internet connectivity issues Linus experiences, I also experience by a degraded viewing experience.

While it is best to let Linus, Slick, and their team handle it by contacting Shaw support on their own, it does make a certain kind of sense by letting Shaw know that you as a user are experiencing issues from a Public Stream that is being run off of their services. It doesn't help Shaw diagnose the issue at all, but it does help put the pressure on for them to diagnose the actual issue rather than saying "Problem isn't on our end" and shirking responsibility.

Linus said on the last WAN show that Shaw was in fact responsible for one stream's issues, but most of the issues were the DDoS via Skype vulnerabilities.

Personally I didn't contact Shaw, and left it to the LTT team to work it all out.

But I think all that the OP did was slag Shaw off in the live twitch chat; not exactly going to achieve much.

(Side note) One of the reasons I don’t hang out in the chat during the show is that it just gets flooded with silly comments.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

But I think all that the OP did was slag Shaw off in the live twitch chat; not exactly going to achieve much.

(Side note) One of the reasons I don’t hang out in the chat during the show is that it just gets flooded with silly comments.

Oh I never hang out in Twitch Chat on basically any stream. Once you get more than a couple hundred people watching, then the chat becomes insane and it's impossible to have a real conversation or follow everything anyway. And if you put chat to slow, it's better to watch, but even worse to actually chat with since there's a minimum delay until you can send messages.

Personally I think slagging Shaw off in Twitch Chat is nothing. They're a decently sized company, they can handle it. They often get worse in Canadian Media along with the other large Incumbent ISP's for their collectively draconian practices (Granted, Shaw probably is the best of the Incumbents, but they still have lots of room for improvement).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)