Would I be able to overclock the CPU with this build?

Overclocking isn't the most important thing for me I was just wondering if I could overclock with this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($253.87 @ OutletPC) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($104.20 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($153.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: Avexir Core Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.88 @ OutletPC) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.88 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($274.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.98 @ Newegg) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.88 @ OutletPC) 

Total: $1246.65

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-09 08:59 EST-0500

Yes you can overclock and I fixed some things in your list, more powerful GPU (Nice to have for 100+ FPS in all games), 240mm watercooler and a better PSU. Good luck getting more than 4.6GHz though, you need a really good chip to do that.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

One of the main reasons why I need a good CPU is rendering. I know that a 6 core would be better but I dont think I can afford that.

One of the main reasons why I need a good CPU is rendering. I know that a 6 core would be better but I dont think I can afford that.

Now this is where you state the budget and location (I had a guess with both earlier).

No overclocking, but 8 threads:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.50 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($62.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.88 @ OutletPC) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.88 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($274.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($70.98 @ Newegg) 

Total: $968.19

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-09 09:12 EST-0500

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

In Tweaktown comparisons the D14 is only a couple degrees behind the D15 under load. 

Another option for an air cooler would be the Cryorig R1, which performs very similar to the Noctuas.

Moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Is it possible to overclock the CPU to around 4.7-5 GHz with this build? Is the fan good enough? Also I don't want to get a water cooler. What is the best air cooler for overclocking?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/x3Jzt6

i've seen people reach those clock speeds but they have around 1.4vcore (don't use a vcore this high). i belive its extremely unlikely (basically impossible) to achieve the clock speeds you've hoped for under a reasonable/safe voltage for 24/7 use. also since its a sky lake processor, the max recommended voltage should be a bit lower than has well. you really should try to stay under 1.32v for 24/7 1.35 24/7 max for skylake.

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

Totally depends on the CPU. You might get a good one, you might not. And you might need insane voltages anyways. Don't expect anything.

What is this build gonna be for? This definitely isn't ideal IMO, if you're doing something like gaming.

If gaming, I would go for an NH-D15 over an NH-D14 because it's...bigger - as long as it fits in the case.

I would stay with that motherboard because it's probably fine.

The RAM though, go for multiple sticks rather than an insane single stick.

I agree with the SSD, but depending on what you're doing you might want to tone back on the HDD space.

I would go for a more powerful graphics card if gaming.

The case is probably fine.

I believe that people would recommend other PSUs over that one (because the gold regulation isn't everything).

And I think you should be able to get a Windows 10 key cheaper elsewhere...also please don't use Windows 10.

windows 10 is a great OS had no problems sofar

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD