MSI SLI Krait UEFI Problem

So I am yet again, at the whole "overclocking with Windows 10" issue again. This time is the same as the last, but the solution doesn't work anymore. I have a different motherboard, and a completely different installation of Windows now, because I wanted to use UEFI. The first time I had this problem, I just reset my BIOS. Resetting the UEFI doesn't work. So let's say I want my memory at 1600 MHz. Nope. UEFI says it is, Windows doesn't. I want my CPU at 3.2-3.4 GHz. Nope. Windows says 2.7 GHz. So this is my problem. I knew Windows 8 and Windows 10 were supposed to be able to use UEFI in a better way, but so far, not in my case. I would appreciate any help I could get here. Thanks!

in this case I might try updating the Bios...

I've had Task Manager show 6.2 GHz, Intel XTU show 4.8 GHz, and CPU-Z show 4.7GHz.

But yeah BIOS updates should be your first resort and then CPU-Z (or something equivalent) will also show true clock speeds.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Stupid question maybe, but did you check while stressing your system? It might be just not boosting to those speeds.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Stupid question maybe, but did you check while stressing your system? It might be just not boosting to those speeds.

AMD CPUs don't boost when they're overclocked, at least that was my experience with my 6300.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

I have run these speeds before, as they are nothing crazy. I let genie do the work once and it almost killed my cpu at 3.8GHz :P I am going to check for updates for the UEFI.

AMD CPUs don't boost when they're overclocked, at least that was my experience with my 6300.

Didn't know it was an AMD, but also didn't know that. Intel CPU's do, I have the same mobo but for an intel CPU.

I have run these speeds before, as they are nothing crazy. I let genie do the work once and it almost killed my cpu at 3.8GHz :P I am going to check for updates for the UEFI.

Not sure about this, but I think you need to enable xmp to overclock you RAM.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

I learned that sometimes when you set the clock speed up a little, some CPUs turbo on all cores if it is under the turbo. In my case I was just going to test it in that range, not set a boost clock(which would be awesome.)

You do not need to enable XMP to set the clockspeed to stock on memory. Also the BIOS update didn't work, so I will talk with the motherboard manufacturer. The only thing that seems to work is boot order, then that is it. 

You do not need to enable XMP to set the clockspeed to stock on memory. Also the BIOS update didn't work, so I will talk with the motherboard manufacturer. The only thing that seems to work is boot order, then that is it. 

There shouldn't be an XMP profile option on AMD based systems anyway, since it's an Intel technology.