Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Where do you live and what layout is the keyboard with? I case you want to return it I might want to buy it.

Anyways, back to topic. The height of the key caps is limited, or rather limited in how low profile they can possibly be, due the height of the switch itself. http://imgur.com/2fE6uVL

For how long time have you owned the keyboard? Switching from a membrane to a fairly heavy switch like Cherry MX blues take some time.

If you press ton of the keys down slowly you'll here a click at one point. This is for Cherry MX blues only. When you hear that click your computer has registered a key stroke. Bottoming out will result in a clack. I can't remember the exact numbers for the required force and search back and forth on an iPhone is a pain. Will add it when I get home unless somebody faster than me. How the Cherry MX blue switch works is illustrated in the link below.

http://imgur.com/g2HlANw

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Literally got it yesterday, I think I'm just too impatient with this and will hold on to it for until end of thanksgiving weekend for some good long sessions of gaming to break in.

It's not the height of the key but the actual keyboard. I will need a wrist rest but idk, any recommendations? I hear gel ones are good.

My membrane is pretty low, like half the height of the ducky I'm estimating, so that's why. I think once I get a wrist rest I will actually experience a true mech keyboard.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

You should definitely give it some time, once you get used to a mechanical keyboard you never go back.

I recently got a Ducky Mini and ordered a Ducky wrist rest with it. I've read it shouldn't be that great quality wise though but I like it so far. It's a bit slippery on my desk (wood) but nothing some thin rubber feet won't solve.

I guess the thickness of the keyboard could have something to do with the lower part of the switch being pretty big.

Before my Ducky wrist rest I've been using the one that was stucked to my Logitech G15 for 5 years, so I wouldn't know which are good or bad. A gel wrist rest is definitely comfortable but might end up being really gross if you have sweaty hand and/or eat at your computer.

You're in Denmark, so you got the acrylic wrist rest or the leather one?

I found the acrylic on a Europe site, psst don't mention it because it's gonna be sold out quickly.

Bu to ship to America, I have to pay £39 for the wrist rest and £39 for shipping soo uhh hell no.

Yea I going to pray I get adjusted by next Sunday.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Yeah, that's so unfortunate, that international shipping has to be so expensive! I'm looking for some new key caps, and they are 49€ for a full set, plus 25€ for shipping. So I'm going to wait a bit.

I got the leather one, didn't even looked if they had the acrylic one. I have the TKL sized wrist rest btw, because my Ducky Mini is a 60% keyboard.

i have a K60 and im am waiting on the most recent GB on GH for the 60% PCB, going to get a black PCB with a red and black plexy case, oh and blue switchs

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Been using my Ducky Year of the Snake for 2 days now! :D
Started out with a Logitech G710+ MX Brown, went on to Corsair K70 MX Red, traded it with a Razer Blackwidow 2013 MX Blue
Now got my hands on a Ducky Year of the Snake with MX Black! :D (Looking for Nordic key-caps)

IMG_0379_zpsb80af816.jpg

IMG_0381_zpsdf644a74.jpg

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Gon 67g blue lubed with side red led and Retro set

Dude I think I've seen you on geekhack... You got some nice keycaps there...

Just got my very first mechanical keyboard.  CM Storm QuickFire TK with brown switches and white body and white backlight.

GAMINGCLICHE: Core i5 6500 - Gigabyte H170N-WiFi - Deepcool Gabriel - 16GB HyperX Fury - Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC - NZXT Manta

ORANGEJULIUS-720p: Core i3-3230 - Noctua 9UB-SE2 - Gigabyte B75N-itx - 8gb GSkill Ares - GTX 650Ti - Bitfenix Prodigy (RETIRED)

Dude I think I've seen you on geekhack... You got some nice keycaps there...

Yeah i do play around on GH

Ive stopped playing around with keyboard for now since Im having a new log for my new pc

my two keyboards!kk72KDF.jpgducky shine 3 (blues) and das keyboard ultimate with lubed ergo-clears

my two keyboards.ducky shine 3 (blues) and das keyboard ultimate with lubed ergo-clears

Nice keyboards dude... Did that Das come like that or did you do something to it because the paint/whatever that is, looks awesome!

I'm also very mad at BangGood.com because I still haven't got my poker 2 and I ordered it last month...

Been using my Ducky Year of the Snake for 2 days now! :D

Started out with a Logitech G710+ MX Brown, went on to Corsair K70 MX Red, traded it with a Razer Blackwidow 2013 MX Blue

Now got my hands on a Ducky Year of the Snake with MX Black! :D (Looking for Nordic key-caps)

IMG_0379_zpsb80af816.jpg

IMG_0381_zpsdf644a74.jpg

Cool keyboard, did you get a fun number?

Cool keyboard, did you get a fun number?

Nah just 793/999 D:

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

9 y/o dell PS/2 keyboard ftw? :( I will join the club someday my friends... When I finally get a ducky shine 3 or a CM Storm quickfire... SOMEDAY

Hello!  Finally decided to join the forum... surprised it took me so long, I've been a forum hound since dial-up modems were around.   :D

I run a Das Keyboard Pro with the Blue switches.  At this time however I am considering a backlit 'board for gaming and overall visual appeal, so I'm between a few different ones.  Corsair Vengeance K95 was my top pick, but now Te has some nice ones and I particularly like the new CM Storm offerings.

Of course there's several but those are among my top choices for now.  My Das is one of their older, original models that has the Fn key at the bottom left.  I got it as a refurb on their site about a year and a half ago; my wife was very skeptical and a bit upset about me getting it.  Then she tried it.  Now she's 100% converted.  Married 11 years and the girl just needs to trust me.   :D

Welcome Sir :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

my two keyboards!

ducky shine 3 (blues) and das keyboard ultimate with lubed ergo-clears

Did you put the ergo-clears in yourself or did someone do it for you?

Wooooo!!!!!! finally got my Quickfire TK with mx Blues!!!! Awesome keyboard :D Part of the club now :D

MY PC: Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540, Motherboard: AsRock 970 Extreme 4, CPU: AMD FX 4300 AM3+ GPU: EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB SLI RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ Low-Profile Black Memory PSU: Corsair CX 600M Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo OS Drive: Corsair Force LS 120GB SSD Data Drive: 500GB Seagate 5400rpm 2.5" laptop drive OS: Windows 8.1 64bit Lights: NZXT Hue Kit Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire TK MX Blue Mouse: Wired Microsoft Mouse Monitor: Sony Bravia KDL42W654A 42" Smart TV + LG LG IPS234V-PN.AEK PS 23-inch IPS Monitor