Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

That link only references "50M operations". It's not a fully detailed datasheet. My datasheet was DL'ed from Cherry corp. I'm also well aware of how MX lock works and the reason for the low operations.

Besides, I don't see why you believe MX Clear's mechanical operations is wrong. Heavier spring with a more pronounced bump equates to more wear and tear on the stem. Likewise, switches with two part stems constantly hitting each other will reduce the life cycle compared to a linear/light switch.

This one does mention 2 with only 20million clicks http://goo.gl/mKogIw . I how ever dont remember which codes are for what switches. Another one http://goo.gl/uNGxGH basically says the 50 million is only for linear and the 20 million is for tactile.

I cant do that, it says that the extension I'm using are not allowed

but when I use direct link with non-original resolution, it allows me to, weird

anyway I'm sharing my last keyboard project of the year since now I'm concentrating on building a new machine with build log for it

Its a keycool numpad which I've painted matte black and change the switch to 62g Blues stickered

this way I can pair it with my KMAC

Numpad_zps1343b634.jpg

Pair_zps921e3550.jpg

ite because of the ~original or -original at the end (I forget which it is). This forum doesnt accept it because its not technically an extension.

Why no KPAD? Also you can fairly easily program a numpad into the KMAC. Its something ive done and it mighty convenient.

mechanicalkeyboards.com

geekkeys (ebay store)

techkeys.us

originativeco.com

keypop.net

those are the primary us vendors that cater to the filco crowd rather than the gaming crowd

dont forget just geekhack straight up. Also there is EliteKeyboards and WASD Keyboards.

ite because of the ~original or -original at the end (I forget which it is). This forum doesnt accept it because its not technically an extension.

Why no KPAD? Also you can fairly easily program a numpad into the KMAC. Its something ive done and it mighty convenient.

Its hard to find a KPAD in the market, beside Im upgrading my rig so I rather have the budget goes to that

the KMAC program does not work in windows 8.1, I couldnt run FLIP on it. When I pressed the 'run flip' button on the KBDmod software, it doesnt do anything

any idea?

Its hard to find a KPAD in the market, beside Im upgrading my rig so I rather have the budget goes to that

the KMAC program does not work in windows 8.1, I couldnt run FLIP on it. When I pressed the 'run flip' button on the KBDmod software, it doesnt do anything

any idea?

I could probably poke around for one for you. ;)

sure plenty of ideas the first thing being did you actually install flip?

I could probably poke around for one for you. ;)

sure plenty of ideas the first thing being did you actually install flip?

What I did is I followed this guide

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=30875.msg988322#msg988322

when I followed the video tutorial, after you remap some of the keys It requires me to run flip

but I could not, does it make sense?

What I did is I followed this guide

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=30875.msg988322#msg988322

when I followed the video tutorial, after you remap some of the keys It requires me to run flip

but I could not, does it make sense?

flip is a separate piece of software that is not included in the package which has to be installed separately all the button is is a shortcut to where it expects the exe to be installed to.

Just a heads up once you get the keyboard plugged in and its in DFU mode (programming mode) you may be have manually install the drivers for it after flip is installed. This was the case on Win7 but I think Win8 might eve have native drives for the chip since its a highly used chip for projects like these.

flip is a separate piece of software that is not included in the package which has to be installed separately all the button is is a shortcut to where it expects the exe to be installed to.

Just a heads up once you get the keyboard plugged in and its in DFU mode (programming mode) you may be have manually install the drivers for it after flip is installed. This was the case on Win7 but I think Win8 might eve have native drives for the chip since its a highly used chip for projects like these.

How does one acquire flip?

Im very new to this keyboard remapping thing, give me some light on what to do master :P

How does one acquire flip?

Im very new to this keyboard remapping thing, give me some light on what to do master :P

you look up Atmel Flip on the Google's. Heres the link http://goo.gl/zrEY8c , heads up though your going to need java installed for it to work.

This one does mention 2 with only 20million clicks http://goo.gl/mKogIw . I how ever dont remember which codes are for what switches. Another one http://goo.gl/uNGxGH basically says the 50 million is only for linear and the 20 million is for tactile.

Yeah, if you convert 2.0 ounce-force to centinewtons, you get 55cN. Therefore, "soft tactile feel" is Cherry MX Clear, and "Click tactile feel" is Cherry MX Blue (1.8oz=50cN).

So pretty much most MX keyswitches have a ~20M mechanical operation life cycle, which in essence makes complete sense.

Yeah, if you convert 2.0 ounce-force to centinewtons, you get 55cN. Therefore, "soft tactile feel" is Cherry MX Clear, and "Click tactile feel" is Cherry MX Blue (1.8oz=50cN).

So pretty much most MX keyswitches have a ~20M mechanical operation life cycle, which in essence makes complete sense.

yes that would my guess is its all due to the tactile bump and it probably wears out the leaf quicker than the linear ones.

Go blacks! and even better Go Vintage Blacks!

you look up Atmel Flip on the Google's. Heres the link http://goo.gl/zrEY8c , heads up though your going to need java installed for it to work.

Yup I can get it work now

problem is, currently I'm at the stage when you chose the 'usb' icon on flip, and according to the video I have to choose the option 'usb (ctrl+u)'

I've selected ATmega32u4 as my device

but when I chose the option 'usb (ctrol+u)' I got an error of atilibusbdfu.dll not found

any idea?

Yup I can get it work now

problem is, currently I'm at the stage when you chose the 'usb' icon on flip, and according to the video I have to choose the option 'usb (ctrl+u)'

I've selected ATmega32u4 as my device

but when I chose the option 'usb (ctrol+u)' I got an error of atilibusbdfu.dll not found

any idea?

Did you plug in the keyboard in DFU mode? Also is the driver installed for it? You should be able to tell in device manager as there will either be and unknown device or the ATmega32u4 listed. Seeing the ATmega32u4 listed means that the driver was correctly installed.

Did you plug in the keyboard in DFU mode? Also is the driver installed for it? You should be able to tell in device manager as there will either be and unknown device or the ATmega32u4 listed. Seeing the ATmega32u4 listed means that the driver was correctly installed.

sorry for the noob question but how can I plug one into DFU mode?

also I am unable to find any unknown device or ATmega32u4 listed in my device manager :(

plus this has also appear on the ' device and printer ', seems like it has installed properlly

Untitled_zpse8d5799c.png

sorry for the noob question but how can I plug one into DFU mode?

also I am unable to find any unknown device or ATmega32u4 listed in my device manager :(

plus this has also appear on the ' device and printer ', seems like it has installed properlly

Untitled_zpse8d5799c.png

You hold where the caps lock key normally is while plugging it in. Also that isnt device manager that devices and printers. The easiest way to get to device manager in Win 8 or 8.1 is Win+X and youll see it in the list that pops up.

You hold where the caps lock key normally is while plugging it in. Also that isnt device manager that devices and printers. The easiest way to get to device manager in Win 8 or 8.1 is Win+X and youll see it in the list that pops up.

Ill try it once I got home,

And yes I understand thats device and printer, but Ive also checked the device manager and I know which one is it, I still couldnt find unknown device or ATmega32u4

Ill see how it goes with dfu later, and post the result thx for your kind favor

This is what I get when I run the keyboard on DFU mode

Untitled2_zpsff4afef2.png

and this is what I get when I try to run flip when choosing the 'usb' option

Untitled3_zpsf2a4f0e5.png

this sucks... so complicated :P

really appreciate your guidance

This is what I get when I run the keyboard on DFU mode

Untitled2_zpsff4afef2.png

and this is what I get when I try to run flip when choosing the 'usb' option

Untitled3_zpsf2a4f0e5.png

this sucks... so complicated :P

really appreciate your guidance

You need to manually install the driver for it. So click update and the files should be somewhere in flips folders.

One thing you might want to do for flip and the KMAC software is make it so that it always runs as administrator. That may help that error message. Also for the KMAC software to create files properly it need to be in a short path with no special characters or spaces. place the extracted folder in like C:\TEMP or something. Also before flashing new firmware check it over too make sure you didnt do something that will that will create and issue when your using it as a keyboard. A exmple would be getting into a layer but not able to get out etc.

the bit with the install of the driver really isnt too complicated especially for what it is. Now the stuff with the software that you probably didnt even know when saying that, yes that could have been done better. The previous statement does not apply to the bit about running as admin thats something with how Win8 and newer work.

You need to manually install the driver for it. So click update and the files should be somewhere in flips folders.

One thing you might want to do for flip and the KMAC software is make it so that it always runs as administrator. That may help that error message. Also for the KMAC software to create files properly it need to be in a short path with no special characters or spaces. place the extracted folder in like C:\TEMP or something. Also before flashing new firmware check it over too make sure you didnt do something that will that will create and issue when your using it as a keyboard. A exmple would be getting into a layer but not able to get out etc.

the bit with the install of the driver really isnt too complicated especially for what it is. Now the stuff with the software that you probably didnt even know when saying that, yes that could have been done better. The previous statement does not apply to the bit about running as admin thats something with how Win8 and newer work.

Its all working fine now!

THANKS ALOT!

but I'm still not sure what to do with the keymapping

I tried to put the left ctrl as FN so that I can control the LED on function row

but not sure what I did wrong and I messed up the hex, I ended up with a not working KMAC for 5 minutes until I can finally load the original KMAC Hex

was so shock, think I'm gonna play around with it again when I finally can gather all my nerve

Hello!  Finally decided to join the forum... surprised it took me so long, I've been a forum hound since dial-up modems were around.  :D

I run a Das Keyboard Pro with the Blue switches.  At this time however I am considering a backlit 'board for gaming and overall visual appeal, so I'm between a few different ones.  Corsair Vengeance K95 was my top pick, but now Te has some nice ones and I particularly like the new CM Storm offerings.

Of course there's several but those are among my top choices for now.  My Das is one of their older, original models that has the Fn key at the bottom left.  I got it as a refurb on their site about a year and a half ago; my wife was very skeptical and a bit upset about me getting it.  Then she tried it.  Now she's 100% converted.  Married 11 years and the girl just needs to trust me.  :D

Its all working fine now!

THANKS ALOT!

but I'm still not sure what to do with the keymapping

I tried to put the left ctrl as FN so that I can control the LED on function row

but not sure what I did wrong and I messed up the hex, I ended up with a not working KMAC for 5 minutes until I can finally load the original KMAC Hex

was so shock, think I'm gonna play around with it again when I finally can gather all my nerve

I am not sure what you did wrong either. When you program fn on the default layer its fn and in the fn layer its blank.

Hello!  Finally decided to join the forum... surprised it took me so long, I've been a forum hound since dial-up modems were around.   :D

I run a Das Keyboard Pro with the Blue switches.  At this time however I am considering a backlit 'board for gaming and overall visual appeal, so I'm between a few different ones.  Corsair Vengeance K95 was my top pick, but now Te has some nice ones and I particularly like the new CM Storm offerings.

Of course there's several but those are among my top choices for now.  My Das is one of their older, original models that has the Fn key at the bottom left.  I got it as a refurb on their site about a year and a half ago; my wife was very skeptical and a bit upset about me getting it.  Then she tried it.  Now she's 100% converted.  Married 11 years and the girl just needs to trust me.   :D

Lol nice now your going to have to get her one. Also you have the older DAS which it great because its better build wise.

I sold my Blackwidow ultimate 2013 and ordered a KBC/VORTEX Poker 2 (60%) with browns from BangGood.com ... hopefully getting it in a few days/a week... Reasons I sold the blackwidow: Too big, takes too much space on the desk, It just doesn't look like a mechanical keyboard... 

My first mechanical keyboard arrived yesterday  ^_^

Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/ Cherry MX Blacks and Green LEDs

Q87igFE.jpg

nr4aJ0W.jpg

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

Damn that's nice. In the UK we don't have a huge selection of mechanical keyboards so we have to import from other countries. I currently have a QPAD MK-85 but I don't personally get on with the red switches so I'm looking at the CM QuickFire with blues now. PM if interested (UK)

Damn that's nice. In the UK we don't have a huge selection of mechanical keyboards so we have to import from other countries. I currently have a QPAD MK-85 but I don't personally get on with the red switches so I'm looking at the CM QuickFire with blues now. PM if interested (UK)

Just import them as long as you can get used to US ANSI layout.

You should check out some of the Scandinavian sites. We use ISO-layout as well. The one down site though, is that you'll get it with the æ-,ø- and å-key.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Hey fellas, just got my new Ducky YOTS in blues. I kinda love it and hate it.

switching from my $30 hp membrane keyboard to the Ducky YOTS in blues is difficult.

It's higher                                            Can I fix this with a wrist rest? or could I just stack some papers etc?

I need to press slightly harder,            Is this also called bottoming out?

I heard that reds are easier to mistype etc, and personally I only tried blues from my cousins Razer blackwidow and liked it.

Since there are literally no other YOTS keyboards around online for my keyboard layout, should I return it (but pay $9+10% restocking fee)or hold on to it for a week(will be excellent BC THE WEEKEND WOO) to play bf4 etc?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)