Fury x or 980 ti

simo292a

This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted this week. Why don't you show us some of this "hardcore research"?

Welcome to Linus Tech Tips, this is AMD country.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Welcome to Linus Tech Tips, this is AMD country.

So silly. Ignore the brand name and compare the benchmarks. Everyone will lose less sleep this way.

4790k 4.9GHz @ 1.375v, HD 7970, 850 EVO SSD's, Corsair 750D Airflow Edition, SeaSonic 860w Platinum.

So silly. Ignore the brand name and compare the benchmarks. Everyone will lose less sleep this way.

I give it a week and a 390 beats a 980ti.

These are TERRIBLE sources. Please post links to actual benchmarks by reputable sources that include overclocked benches.

4790k 4.9GHz @ 1.375v, HD 7970, 850 EVO SSD's, Corsair 750D Airflow Edition, SeaSonic 860w Platinum.

Techpowerup relative performance benchmarks that show Fury X and 980 Ti on equal footing, then the Fury X with a tiny edge at 4k

None of these are overclocked, nothing can be taken seriously. Nobody using an nvidia maxwell card with a partner cooler is running stock clocks.

These are TERRIBLE sources. Please post links to actual benchmarks by reputable sources that include overclocked benches.

2974523-0584759373-9908c.jpg

2974525-7430192028-9908c.jpg

How are these "TERRIBLE" sources? Who says the OP is gonna OC the card he gets?

You're comparing a blower style GPU to a hybrid.

Recently the folks over at TechPowerUp took it upon themselves to test out MSI’s latest GTX 980Ti variant, the 980Ti Lightning Edition. While the Lightning Edition performs pretty much as you would expect a GPU with a 150$ premium over its base version to perform (or it doesn’t, depends how you look at it) the most interesting thing coming out of that testing was the matchup between base GTX 980Ti and AMD’s R9 Fury X.

While the earlier benchmarks upon the release of Fury X showed that Team Red’s latest flagship GPU couldn’t surpass Team Green’s especially at resolutions above 1080p, it seems like tables have turned now with AMD’s latest Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta drivers.

Usually we have seen Nvidia surpassing AMD in some games just due to their drivers even if the hardware is weaker but it seems like AMD is now taking a leaf out of their book as well.

While 980Ti was almost 10% ahead of Fury X in performance on 1440p, both the GPUs now stand neck to neck in the recent benchmark. At 4K resolution, Fury X manages to actually beat 980Ti by 4% even though the Nvidia GPU had a 2% lead in the earlier results.

Judging by the recent losses AMD faced, many were wondering whether it was the right move to continue supporting them especially when Nvidia’s latest series not only beats AMD’s in performance but also has exclusive visual enhancement features and in most cases also ends up giving new buyers a recent AAA title (so that’s 60$ rebate) but it seems like AMD is back in form and those worried should be at ease now.

I don't know then. Fro what I read this weekend, new AMD drivers made the Fury and Fury X line better then a few months ago when everyone did tests and benches when it was released...

To the OP, what ever you decide on- the card with kick ass then be shit in a year when new stuff comes out.

Because they're Maxwell 980 Ti's, they ALL overclock over stock. Unlike the Fury X where it's hit or miss. When you can overclock a 980 Ti on air up to 35% faster, we're talking about WAY faster than a Fury X.

Is that

Recently the folks over at TechPowerUp took it upon themselves to test out MSI’s latest GTX 980Ti variant, the 980Ti Lightning Edition. While the Lightning Edition performs pretty much as you would expect a GPU with a 150$ premium over its base version to perform (or it doesn’t, depends how you look at it) the most interesting thing coming out of that testing was the matchup between base GTX 980Ti and AMD’s R9 Fury X.

While the earlier benchmarks upon the release of Fury X showed that Team Red’s latest flagship GPU couldn’t surpass Team Green’s especially at resolutions above 1080p, it seems like tables have turned now with AMD’s latest Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta drivers.

Usually we have seen Nvidia surpassing AMD in some games just due to their drivers even if the hardware is weaker but it seems like AMD is now taking a leaf out of their book as well.

While 980Ti was almost 10% ahead of Fury X in performance on 1440p, both the GPUs now stand neck to neck in the recent benchmark. At 4K resolution, Fury X manages to actually beat 980Ti by 4% even though the Nvidia GPU had a 2% lead in the earlier results.

Judging by the recent losses AMD faced, many were wondering whether it was the right move to continue supporting them especially when Nvidia’s latest series not only beats AMD’s in performance but also has exclusive visual enhancement features and in most cases also ends up giving new buyers a recent AAA title (so that’s 60$ rebate) but it seems like AMD is back in form and those worried should be at ease now.

I don't know then. Fro what I read this weekend, new AMD drivers made the Fury and Fury X line better then a few months ago when everyone did tests and benches when it was released...

To the OP, what ever you decide on- the card with kick ass then be shit in a year when new stuff comes out.

Did you even look at the benchmarks for that link you posted? The 980 Ti beats the Fury X in every game. That 980 Ti Lightning you're talking about beat the Fury X in every single game.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Is that

Did you even look at the benchmarks for that link you posted? The 980 Ti beats the Fury X in every game. That 980 Ti Lightning you're talking about beat the Fury X in every single game.

No, he's a spammer that goes by a couple diff. usernames on Reddit. Constantly posts half an hour youtube videos to highlight why the Fury X is better than the 980 Ti. It's really, really weird.

No, he's a spammer that goes by a couple diff. usernames on Reddit. Constantly posts half an hour youtube videos to highlight why the Fury X is better than the 980 Ti. It's really, really weird.

sigh. I must be the worst troll in history cause I use my real name and 98% of my 1k posts here are questions.

It's a freaking religion, I keep saying it and no one listens. AMD can do no wrong and Nvidia is the enemy.

It's a freaking religion, I keep saying it and no one listens. AMD can do no wrong and Nvidia is the enemy.

Funny you were the only person to recommend a 390x over a 980ti, and I was gonna do it. Every person here favors nvida though.

Funny you were the only person to recommend a 390x over a 980ti, and I was gonna do it. Every person here favors nvida though.

I would, but to say the 390x is more powerful is crazy talk. I also only advise the 390x over the 980ti if they have a 1080p monitor. Not for higher resolutions.

I would, but to say the 390x is more powerful is crazy talk. I also only advise the 390x over the 980ti if they have a 1080p monitor. Not for higher resolutions.

Good call imo. The 390x can pretty well max out 1080p. I would also take a 390x over a GTX 980 unless the person was really hung up on using gameworks effects. I'd probably recommend a 390 over a 970 too, if they were found at the same price.

Fact is the 980 Ti is in a different ballpark than any other card right now. It's fast as shit stock, and it overclocks better than any other card on the market. When you're talking about the TOP card and saying you could get a 25-35% performance overlock, you're REALLY saying something.

I would take it personal if any of you say my card isnt the best. I warn you.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

980ti mate, unless you're trying to make a small form factor case with powerful hardware. The r9 nano also thermal throttles.

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."