Mass Effect 3 HUD scaling fix?

Stefan1024

So I like Mass effect but unlike to part 3, Mass Effect 3 has no HUD scaling for high resolution. As a result the on screen elements are way to smal, look at the screen shot (window mode only to take the shot).

post-216771-0-15470700-1451677273_thumb.

Is there any fix?

I already tried using the ME3 Coalesced mod programm to alter the safearearatiox and safearearatioy setting from 0.05 to a bigger value (0.1, 0.5, 1) but it has no effect. And idea what I can try?

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

After some looking around it appears you're not alone in this.  Maybe fire off a support ticket to bioware, so when I move to 4k I won't have to ;)

Jump in for some MP in the meantime.  It'd be nice to stomp some baddies with an LTT'er

Moon_Spot if in the greater Origin area of the interwebs.

One of the things that really annoyed me about ME3. The HUD scaling is terrible and it's so dumb since ME1-2 have amazing HUD scaling. As far as I know there is no solution, hopefully I'm wrong though since I'd love to play ME3 at UHD this time around.

After some looking around it appears you're not alone in this.  Maybe fire off a support ticket to bioware, so when I move to 4k I won't have to ;)

Jump in for some MP in the meantime.  It'd be nice to stomp some baddies with an LTT'er

Moon_Spot if in the greater Origin area of the interwebs.

This is only 2560x1440. I expecz it is even worse at 4k....

It looks like others have already contacted bioware with this issue but they don't get usefull help at all.

I don't play MP because I like the RPG style of the game. MP is "only" shooting all the time.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

One of the things that really annoyed me about ME3. The HUD scaling is terrible and it's so dumb since ME1-2 have amazing HUD scaling. As far as I know there is no solution, hopefully I'm wrong though since I'd love to play ME3 at UHD this time around.

Yes the game requires some serious modding:

- unlock FPS to 144: done

- nicer head for Shepard: done

- HUD scaling: pending

I already tried the "Flawless Widescreen" programm. It can adjust the FOV but the HUD scaling fix doesn't work.

I don't play MP because I like the RPG style of the game. MP is "only" shooting all the time.

True, but if you haven't tried it yet do so; It's not bad.

I have never heard of a scaling fix for this game, unfortunately.

There are some threads on it, but most seem poorly made and the solutions are sometimes unreliable. 

Edit; I presume that some higher texture mods dont help with that? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I have never heard of a scaling fix for this game, unfortunately.

There are some threads on it, but most seem poorly made and the solutions are sometimes unreliable. 

Edit; I presume that some higher texture mods dont help with that? 

I haven't tested a HD texture pack yet. I may will in the future.

I haven't tested a HD texture pack yet. I may will in the future.

Iv seen no mention of it, but it would make sense. 

Anyhow keep us posted if you do find a fix! 

So today I wet ahead and just played the game with the smal HUD. Turned out the biotic powers are also broken (they don't cool down properly and can't be reused despite full charged).

Looks like I'm not the only one, but nobody has a fix. I reinstalled the game and used the vanilla version with no mods at all (except the Physics legacy driver to runn the game at all) and it's still broken.

The game MAY be great, but when it doesn't runn properly it doesn't matter. It will collect dust now and I may give it a new chance somewhen in the future.

So today I wet ahead and just played the game with the smal HUD. Turned out the biotic powers are also broken (they don't cool down properly and can't be reused despite full charged).

Looks like I'm not the only one, but nobody has a fix. I reinstalled the game and used the vanilla version with no mods at all (except the Physics legacy driver to runn the game at all) and it's still broken.

The game MAY be great, but when it doesn't runn properly it doesn't matter. It will collect dust now and I may give it a new chance somewhen in the future.

Wow, what mods caused those problems? shame for that man. Hope you do get around to playing it! 

I didn't have that problem at all and I played an Adapt with only some minor mods to have better textures, no loading screen on the Normandy, etc.

Wow, what mods caused those problems? shame for that man. Hope you do get around to playing it! 

No mods causing that, it the broken hud scaling.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Then why didn't I have that problem? I even played at UHD for the first few mins before being forced to use 1080p/1440p for the sake of being able to read stuff.

I have up scaled the game with no problems. I know it's not the same. But how could his scaling effect the rest like powers in game? It's more likely to be the physics legacy driver(?) I would imagine.

The only active mode is to unlock the frame rate to 144 fps what is one line of code.

I have up scaled the game with no problems. I know it's not the same. But how could his scaling effect the rest like powers in game? It's more likely to be the physics legacy driver(?) I would imagine.

Not sure what else to use. With the normal physics driver it says "no physics driver detected".

The only active mode is to unlock the frame rate to 144 fps what is one line of code.

It's possible that mod is causing the issues.

Some games tie certain mechanics to the framerate for various reasons, especially when the game is primarily developed for a console where the framerate is typically locked to 30 or 60fps. Consequently, unlocking the framerate on such games can cause unforeseen and sometimes weird problems.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

It's possible that mod is causing the issues.

Some games tie certain mechanics to the framerate for various reasons, especially when the game is primarily developed for a console where the framerate is typically locked to 30 or 60fps. Consequently, unlocking the framerate on such games can cause unforeseen and sometimes weird problems.

Yes that was actually the problem. I'm stuck with the default 62 fps now (on a 144 Hz monitor), but at least it works.

Condering how well ME2 works in terms of high res scaling and FPS unlock, EA delivered a pretty bad port with ME3.

Not sure what else to use. With the normal physics driver it says "no physics driver detected".

Yeah, the port is shocking for that game. 

Yes that was actually the problem. I'm stuck with the default 62 fps now (on a 144 Hz monitor), but at least it works.

Condering how well ME2 works in terms of high res scaling and FPS unlock, EA delivered a pretty bad port with ME3.

The game is so easy to run today that it sticks to 60 fps pretty flawlessly, so in that regard it's not too bad imo. That being said I get that you would want to take advantage of your hardware. 

Yeah, the port is shocking for that game. 

The game is so easy to run today that it sticks to 60 fps pretty flawlessly, so in that regard it's not too bad imo. That being said I get that you would want to take advantage of your hardware. 

With settings maxed out the game sticks to 144 FPS and the load on the GPUs is only around 50% ;)

EDIT: But due to the low lad the temperature is incredible:

45°C on the CPU

40°C on the GPUs

only 20-25°C over ambint temperature with passive cooling B)

I really wish all games were made with the future in mind. ME3 is basically unplayable at higher resolutions and by the looks of it completely broken at higher frame rates. Very disappointing EA.

With settings maxed out the game sticks to 144 FPS and the load on the GPUs is only around 50% ;)

EDIT: But due to the low lad the temperature is incredible:

45°C on the CPU

40°C on the GPUs

only 20-25°C over ambint temperature with passive cooling B)

what ridiculous load and frames :P Goes to show, despite it's shortcomings it must be fairly well optimized. 

That passive box you've made is incredible. you really must be chuffed!

B)  indeed, pretty damn cool haha

I really wish all games were made with the future in mind. ME3 is basically unplayable at higher resolutions and by the looks of it completely broken at higher frame rates. Very disappointing EA.

Yeah, It really is. Hopefully it wont stop too many people playing it in future. 'tis a classic. I bet they'll release a remaster trilogy in a good few years. 

• 11 months later...

Old thread but this mod was added after this thread was created, if OP @Stefan1024 still wants to play it then you can do so with this mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/439/

I have recently started ME series and played ME1 with M.E.U.I.T.M. applied and ME2 with ALOT, applying ALOT for ME3 and starting that since I finished ME2 earlier today - played a bit of ME3 by importing my character and HUD was horrible, so going to be applying that mod and then ALOT on top of it to enjoy it thoroughly.

Good luck.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64
All powered by Corsair AX1200i

5 minutes ago, UmerF said:

Old thread but this mod was added after this thread was created, if OP @Stefan1024 still wants to play it then you can do so with this mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/439/

I have recently started ME series and played ME1 with M.E.U.I.T.M. applied and ME2 with ALOT, applying ALOT for ME3 and starting that since I finished ME2 earlier today - played a bit of ME3 by importing my character and HUD was horrible, so going to be applying that mod and then ALOT on top of it to enjoy it thoroughly.

Good luck.

Yep found that a while ago but forgot to post it in this thread. Good thing you did that.

No probs.

To OP, make sure you read the description properly as it'll lead you to to this mod, http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/440/ - you probably want both of these applied, as I'll be doing the same.

Here you go with a bonus 4K screenshot right out of ME2's ending, I believe I can fly!

Mass Effect 2 06.DEC.2016 - 23.29.56.68.png

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64
All powered by Corsair AX1200i