Activision-Blizzard buys MLG (Major League Gaming)

Samfisher

For 46 Million dollars and a few bottles of Montane Doo

And a pack of dorritos.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Could imagine it's because intrusive advertisement is more common in the US (MLG) than in Europe (ESL)

If SCII dies in the MLG scene, it's completely blizzard's fault now.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I don't care about eSports at all.

I guess this'll make Activision-Blizzard more MLG? :P (bad joke, sorry)

YAY. All those COD cocksucker 12 year olds actually are right when they call themselves "MLG PROS"!  :D

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Now they just to need to buy PepsiCo

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Hopefully this doesn't effect the CS Major.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Anyone know how blizzard is staying afloat with their sparse game releases?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

46 million, hmmmm i would think MLG would be worth less.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Not too surprising, Activision-Blizzard really wants to push CoD E-Sports and this is just a step in that process. I'm not really sure though if COD E-sports will ever grow to the level of its Dota//LoL/CS counterparts

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

If SCII dies in the MLG scene, it's completely blizzard's fault now.

It already did. They mass ressed it for a while and it died again. It's hilarious to me that the only way sc is getting permanently on the mlg circuit is blizzard buying mlg.

Blizzard will own it for 2 months and try stop the Korean invasion because of fan tears and it will just be wcs na/Eu with a different name.

As for the other game entities other companies build good systems. Blizzard on the other hand seem to be diluting the pro game to make it easy for chumps to make bank. They seem to do everything they can to be the popular kid in class but most people just don't seem to care anymore. People have moved on and team based esports are all the rage right now.

I address blizzard in all this because as bad as they are with managing esports they have more experience than Activision as an entity and for mlg to have a chance at succeeding they will have to take control maybe just let Kim phan lose on it and you might actually have something decent. Just remember to fill the circuit with console pew pew games so all the esports "fans" won't be disgusted with Korean supremacy or fnatic's legacy of csgo.

Sorry if this is disjointed haven't slept since the 30th..and typing this on my phone. (anything to not go to sleep :(

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Anyone know how blizzard is staying afloat with their sparse game releases?

Wow and broadcasting rights.

Hots skins probably help but I've no idea how that game works.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Wow and broadcasting rights.

Hots skins probably help but I've no idea how that game works.

Don't forget CardStone.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Not too surprising, Activision-Blizzard really wants to push CoD E-Sports and this is just a step in that process. I'm not really sure though if COD E-sports will ever grow to the level of its Dota//LoL/CS counterparts

Not going to happen. Smash Bros, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, MvC3, StarCraft 2 and those other games you mentioned all have something to offer both spectators and the players. These games take a long time to learn (CSGO takes years to learn) and give you a sense of accomplishment when you do. For spectators, just like watching any sport, it's enjoyable to watch people do things you can't do and it's fun to watch and cheer for players or teams. For the players, it's fun to put in time to learn something you like and eventually show it off to the world.

COD takes a maximum of 1 week to learn since the skill ceiling is ridiculously low. When you don't work hard for something, there's no drive and for spectators, there is no reason to watch people do things you can do yourself. There's also no attachment since there will be a new on next year. Activision is trying to eat it's cake and have it. Only the Blizzard games can potentially benefit from this acquisition.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Hahahaha!

Tomorrow: "NBA acquired by Milwaukee Bucks. Chicago Bulls banned."

"Chess Federation bought out by Magnus Carlsen. All future chess championships to be hosted in Norway at his buddy's venue"

"Fotball Association now owned by Doncaster, immediately promotes itself three leagues up the system"

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm sure this has been mentioned but it'll be interesting what games they'll keep/add/ditch to MLG

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.