How do I disable Windows 10 from Auto-Installing bloatware?

vSyNd1c4t3

Hey guys, just got windows 10, and it seems to be randomly isntalling things to my SSD. I do not want this feature, but can't find out how to turn it off. :/

My precious new SSD is being written on, and I don't like it!

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

what bloatware...

do you mean windows update?

because you need to install that...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

what?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Hey guys, just got windows 10, and it seems to be randomly isntalling things to my SSD. I do not want this feature, but can't find out how to turn it off. :/

My precious new SSD is being written on, and I don't like it!

10 doesn't install anything by itself...if it is..then you got a virus or something

now what you might mean is just windows and internet temp files

for that stuff...use ccleaner

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Blah, I shoulda screen shotted it. I figured it was more of a common thing. Whelp, guess I'll come back when I have screens.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

Can you be a bit more specific with what it installs?

Guessing at names here...

WindowsDrive

WindowsWifi

Get Office

OneNote

While setting up Windows 10 it asked me if I wanted some of these apps, and I declined, yet they showed up, and I had to uninstall them.

They were showing up in the start menu under "Recently Added".

You are asking microsoft not to bundle their own software with their operating system. Just delete it after the fact if its bothering you.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Guessing at names here...

WindowsDrive

WindowsWifi

Get Office

OneNote

While setting up Windows 10 it asked me if I wanted some of these apps, and I declined, yet they showed up, and I had to uninstall them.

They were showing up in the start menu under "Recently Added".

Nope, can't disable it from being automatically installed. You can uninstall most of them, but they will be forcefully installed again in some updates (like Threshold 2 or whatever it was called).

It will also install a bunch of crap like if you plug in a Logitech webcam it will automatically download and install some "Logitech Camera Controller" app. It does not seem like you can disable that either.

Welcome to Windows 10, where users no longer have control over their own computers.

Ok, so if you see games on the start menu, those are store links. When and if you click on them, it will install on them. To remove these links, just unpin the item. There is no "uninstall" option, because it isn't installed. A bit confusing, I know.

As for the apps you mentioned, they'll always come back. Even if you have Office 365 subscription, 'Get Office', will always show up.

It is annoying. I haven't found a way to permanently remove them, they always come back, like Lawz said.

Just get Windows 7 or 8(.1). Windows 10 is the ad-supported, spybot, bloatware re-packaging of those OSes, and its release is like how several years ago some game publishers released ad-supported versions of their retail games which were free to download (Far Cry 1 was a game that had an ad-supported free-to-download version).

The real full versions of Windows are 7 and 8(.1). Windows 10 is like paying to watch a commercial, and does all the kinds of things that the Windows Defender app exists to prevent other programs from doing. With Windows 10, Windows has become its own malware.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Nope, can't disable it from being automatically installed. You can uninstall most of them, but they will be forcefully installed again in some updates (like Threshold 2 or whatever it was called).

It will also install a bunch of crap like if you plug in a Logitech webcam it will automatically download and install some "Logitech Camera Controller" app. It does not seem like you can disable that either.

Welcome to Windows 10, where users no longer have control over their own computers.

I see I see, I guess I'll have this burden from now on.

Ok, so if you see games on the start menu, those are store links. When and if you click on them, it will install on them. To remove these links, just unpin the item. There is no "uninstall" option, because it isn't installed. A bit confusing, I know.

As for the apps you mentioned, they'll always come back. Even if you have Office 365 subscription, 'Get Office', will always show up.

It is annoying. I haven't found a way to permanently remove them, they always come back, like Lawz said.

Yea, I know that, I have cleaned up some of the star menu icons as of now. Took me a min to figure out which ones were programs and which were ads.

Just get Windows 7 or 8(.1). Windows 10 is the ad-supported, spybot, bloatware re-packaging of those OSes, and its release is like how several years ago some game publishers released ad-supported versions of their retail games which were free to download (Far Cry 1 was a game that had an ad-supported free-to-download version).

The real full versions of Windows are 7 and 8(.1). Windows 10 is like paying to watch a commercial, and does all the kinds of things that the Windows Defender app exists to prevent other programs from doing. With Windows 10, Windows has become its own malware.

I had win7, but I switched to win10 cause it was free or what not, plus dx12 support.

I'll probably find something to block what I can. Everything has seem to calm down, I think it was showing me all the "New" apps that came with win10, they were already installed, not being installed progressively over time, but the "recently added" was just updating with new stuff that was on the computer.

---------------

Thanks for all the info here guys, and hopefully I find some more ways to stop the ad/spybot/bloatware if it starts being an issue again.