What is the longest shift you have worked?

SansVarnic

I did 12hrs a day, everyday for 15 months with a 3week vacation. Worked a Military Contractor in Iraq.

Eight hours. I feel sorry for some of you.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Dont have a job... ^_^

But I'm wondering how is to have one...

Long run its better to enjoy your job that makes less than to make more and hate it. Unless you get both.

12-15h/day 6 days a week for 7 years ...  i did had 6 weeks paid vacation a year tough 

Let's agree to disagree

My longest was somewhere in between 12-16, and I did that a couple times. 

At my current, and last job, I got 9 hours a few times, which isn't all that bad. 

Honestly, I wouldn't mind finding a job where I can work 12 hours a day or so. I'm young and have nothing else going on, might as well focus on work.

uhhh my longest in recent memory was about 30 hours.

I think my longest ever was 37-40 I can't remember.  I voted 32.

Train derailments cause a lot of work.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

when I was a valet I was scheduled for a double (7am-11pm) since it was new years eve.  Then the night guy didn't show up and the boss was willing to throw triple time at me to stay til 1st shift showed up since it was already overtime AND holiday pay.  33$ an hour plus about a 100$ in tips JUST for the last 8 hours of the 24.  I've never made that much money in one day again in the 10 years since then

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

How does one work a 52 hour shift? Forcing someone to do that sounds extremely illegal.

I wasn't forced into it, its a long story and no it wasn't illegal.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

when I was a valet I was scheduled for a double (7am-11pm) since it was new years eve.  Then the night guy didn't show up and the boss was willing to throw triple time at me to stay til 1st shift showed up since it was already overtime AND holiday pay.  33$ an hour plus about a 100$ in tips JUST for the last 8 hours of the 24.  I've never made that much money in one day again in the 10 years since then

Driving cars that tired... Brave

Dont have a job... ^_^

But I'm wondering how is to have one...

It's like when you don't have one, you're poor so want one (and you want one to occupy your time) then when you have one it's like "fuck, do I have to go in today".

I wasn't forced into it, its a long story and no it wasn't illegal.

Labour laws in America are ridiculous. Then again, a year of maternity leave here is ridiculous. My mate only took a quarter of hers.

I would say the 50+'ers are liars.

But, self employment sometimes you get stung by a string of jobs back to back literally power sleeping in the car.

Medically afterwards you need a week off to reset.

There was one week this year I pulled this trick, only coming home to backup data and shower. 

Medically doing it all the time? guaranteed death. Coronary, blood sugar, car crash, take your pick they are all up for grabs when you push it.

No lie.

It took me a month to recover.

The week I worked that shift it was like this; 52hrs worked > 4.5Hrs off/4hrs sleep> 24hr worked > 4hrs sleep > 12hr worked > Done slept 12hrs.

Had 2 days off then worked the next 2 weeks at 12hr shifts.

It was hard on me but I pulled through.

*edit

I do have the paycheck stub to show for it . . somewhere.

*2nd edit

This was my civy job, on the military side you don't count hours you count days, the enemy doesn't sleep so you don't either.

Edited by SansVarnic

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Labour laws in America are ridiculous.

Nothing to do with labor laws. Matter of fact if the Dept of Labor knew they would have investigated.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Driving cars that tired... Brave

at least a couple of those hours were spent driving the shuttle vehicle to and from the airport too (it was a brand new escalade)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

2 weeks exercise brecon...

Weapon, full kit...

sugar_loaf_mountain.jpg

May sound and seem like heaven... lol it's training... fucking aint no joy ride :P

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

I've only ever worked 16 ish hours straight for work. But I have worked for 72+ hours in a row on various projects or school work before.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

School is work ;)

Not even close :P

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

How does one work a 52 hour shift? Forcing someone to do that sounds extremely illegal.

Well, he does live in the USA.  As long as businesses are making money, even burning babies for fuel is legal there.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

When I was finishing the last components for our last launch. I was late, and there was a date the truck was leaving. So you get to keep working.

School is work ;)

No there isn't you get something out of it plus you have freinds

Work just makes you feel exhausted the only real thing you get is a pay check

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

No there isn't you get something out of it plus you have freinds

Work just makes you feel exhausted the only real thing you get is a pay check

Work can be more than a paycheck, sense of accomplishment maybe? I do.

As long as businesses are making money, even burning babies for fuel is legal there.

Umm no. That's just sad.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Umm no. That's just sad.

Martin Shkreli anyone?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Martin Shkreli anyone?

didn't they attest his ass now?

Edit: yup.

Its probably all a show thou, He'll probably be out and exploiting Ill people for profits again soon