Should Newegg Be Able To Fix this?

Pervy

So long story short. I ordered a power supply from newegg and it was faulty. I found that out after hooking everything up and after a while noticing my 3 hard drives had all died at once. Seems to have been overvoltage because some time later my graphics card's dvi connection was no longer stable. Their product destroyed my property and caused me 4.5TB of precious data that I didn't have a backup of.

Should/Could Newegg customer service organize some sort of compensation beyond replacing the products I bought from them? (1 hard drive, psu, and gpu).

How is it Neweggs fault contact the manufacturer directly

So since it's an EVGA psu they should be able to do something?

Does the power supply have a compensation warranty? I'm pretty sure compensation would come from the manufacturer, not from the seller.

Unfortunately, I doubt they'll help you.

Contact the power supply manufacturer.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

So since it's an EVGA psu they should be able to do something?

Yeah contact EVGA

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Yeah contact EVGA

I contacted them and they said their policy doesn't cover other damaged parts because i can't prove it was the power supply that killed them...even though it's the only explanation. 

What would you guys do in this situation?

I contacted them and they said their policy doesn't cover other damaged parts because i can't prove it was the power supply that killed them...even though it's the only explanation. 

Count your losses and never buy an EVGA product ever again.

be pissed as F*** for a couple days and get a NAS and dont get a EVGA psu and also make sure you have computational warranty

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Count your losses and never buy an EVGA product ever again.

Already counted my many losses.....4.5TB of valuable data....i mean i guess i could invest in data recovery services before having my hard drives replaced but they're the ones who did this so why do i have to pay for this...

be pissed as F*** for a couple days and get a NAS and dont get a EVGA psu and also make sure you have computational warranty

what's a computational warranty?

Already counted my many losses.....4.5TB of valuable data....i mean i guess i could invest in data recovery services before having my hard drives replaced but they're the ones who did this so why do i have to pay for this...

You could always attempt a lawsuit, but you'll probably end up losing more money.

You could always attempt a lawsuit, but you'll probably end up losing more money.

Yeah im poor...poor people never win.

what's a computational warranty?

oops I meant compensational warranty like they will replace other components due to psu failure... i dont know who all offers this but I know it is a thing

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

oops I meant compensational warranty like they will replace other components due to psu failure... i dont know who all offers this but I know it is a thing

I see...thx. 

Yeah im poor...poor people never win.

It's not necessarily that poor people never win, but you can't prove that the power supply did it. The only thing you have is your word, a judge in a small claims court might take pity and swing it your way. But it's doubtful, without any real proof that the PSU borked your HDDs it won't go your way unfortunately.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

Slightly unrelated... which EVGA PSU was it? They have a few that are horrible and some that are some of the best on the market.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

So long story short. I ordered a power supply from newegg and it was faulty. I found that out after hooking everything up and after a while noticing my 3 hard drives had all died at once. Seems to have been overvoltage because some time later my graphics card's dvi connection was no longer stable. Their product destroyed my property and caused me 4.5TB of precious data that I didn't have a backup of.

Should/Could Newegg customer service organize some sort of compensation beyond replacing the products I bought from them? (1 hard drive, psu, and gpu).

If you suspected that the PSU killed the HD, why would you continue to use that PSU til it broke other parts. I also agree with @danhulud that without hard evidence that the PSU was indeed the parts killer; the manufacture cannot be held responsible for the loss of your other components. You should be able to RMA the PSU back to the manufacture for a replacement. Don't know about getting a refund though. 

I would just take it as lesson learned and get a different PSU.

If it really mattered you would have had a backup :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Like everyone else has said, it would be the manufacturer, not NewEgg.

Also, why would you have 4.5TB of precious data and not have some kind of redundant backup?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

good lord, no. manufacturers will never be held responsible for data loss, be it by defects of the hardware or not. reimbursement of the device itself within warranty, of course. it is always the user's own responsibility to perform off site backup, be it via an external NAS, or a simple HDD drive.

dont go about making a hulabaloo about something that is essentially your own negligence to perform due care in performing data backups.