Discord Communications

TheCaptain53

So I was reading this thread, http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/508118-ltt-steam-group-group-chat/

Seriously did not know there's an LTT Steam Group, that conversation turned weird very fucking quick. much doge.

At any rate, whilst reading that thread, I saw a user mention Discord. I had never heard of it before, but after checking it out, it seems pretty cool. There isn't a search function, which sucks. On the flip side, neither does TS3, and that's hugely popular.

How many of you guys use it? If there is an LTT Discord group, what's the invite URL for it?

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Discord is good, been using it for a while now with my RL friends.

We have a server up now, about 35 members, almost all from LTT - not the one you're talking about, but ya know

PM @GaIaxy or @Minibois if you're interested , or @Stijncat

(tell them I sent you)

Edited by LoneRangerS

Me and my friends switched to it recently from Razer Comms and it's really good. The devs actually listen to fan requests and bring in the features that are the most popular (Look here). The mobile app is pretty much on par with the desktop/web app which is awesome. Probably the easiest and best VoIP service I've personally used in terms of setup and quality.

We have a server up now, about 35 members, almost all from LTT - not the one you're talking about, but ya know

PM @GaIaxy or @Minibois if you're interested 

EDIT: Or @Stijncat

Generic server or for a specific game?

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Generic server or for a specific game?

Just generic. Pretty much anything you can think of gets talked about in there.... 

Of course you can talk gaming. We're generally pretty slack on what you can talk about, as long as it's suitable  :)

I know a few people who really like it and use it more then ts3 or skype.

Lack of linux port keeps me away though.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

PM @GaIaxy or @Minibois if you're interested 

EDIT: Or @Stijncat

(tell them I sent you)

Or me, or yourself, etc..

Imo discord > skype in most ways, though skype has video calling, and you can have contacts, whereas with discord it relies on being in groups with people instead to chat. (There is private messaging, though I don't think it works if you're not in a group with that person)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Discord > Skype, that's all I can say :P

PM @GaIaxy or @Minibois if you're interested , or @Stijncat

(tell them I sent you)

Gotta love how I am last option. #OnlyContactTheCrazyAdminIfAllOtherOptionsFail :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I want to get in on the hype :D. Just as the guy said the invite code expired and it's kinda hard to get in.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Discord > Skype, that's all I can say :P

Gotta love how I am last option. #OnlyContactTheCrazyAdminIfAllOtherOptionsFail :P

I asked you first!

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

The ONLY issue I have with Discord is it's mild occasion to disconnect people from a server when people are changing channels rapidly. And when I say occasion I mean it might happen if I spam back and forth channels very fast and the worst connection would drop out.

Other than that I have never had a single issue. It sounds as good-if not better than skype, and takes far less resources to run under load.  

[spoiler=Current Rig] N/A

I asked you first!

Wait you did?

#ImACompetentAdmin

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)