Looking For $200 Headphone Or Under

Ryou-kun

Hello LTT,

Christmas is right around the corner, and I need to find a good pair of headphone.

Originally, I wanted a Bluetooth/Wireless On-Ear/Over-Ear Headphone with ANC, but it seem like LTT community likes it and barely respond to my thread so I decide to ask for a "wired" on-ear/small over-ear headphone with "maybe" ANC headphone.

My budget as you can see is under $200 dollar. Nothing over it.

I will be listening to Metal, Classical, K-Pop/J-Pop, etc., so I don't know much about the audio quality like low, meds, high, bass, tremble, etc. Not sure which one is perfect for my musics, lol.

I did came across few headphones that I have in mind.

Bose SoundTrue Over-Ear Style, White - $79.95 on PrimeNow

Sennheiser Urbanite On-Ear, Nation - $92.99 on Amazon

There is Monoprice headphone which I don't know how well they are.

Now, ANC isn't a must have, but it is nice to have when I don't have to deal with plane or annoying people. 

I also hope the headphone is durable enough because whenever I am done listening to my music. I put it in my bag and sort of short toss my bag at the backseat. Which I don't think it is a great idea for my headphone that is inside my bag, lol.

Any headphone suggestions is a great help. :D

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I agree with the Sennheiser 598 se. I have the older 595 and they are extremely comfortable and sound great for the price

Well, I did forgot to mention that I am using it in public mostly at school and work but planned to carry them to other places like stores. :S

Wearing one of those headphone will make me look awkward especially at stores. :S

I would say the 558 because thats what I used and I did the Foam Mod on the HD 558s and they sound quite similar to the 598 which my friend got during black friday. The 598 did go for $99 during black friday and the 558 was on sale last week for $79. If i were you I would look out for another sale with the 558 if it drops under $100 you should get those. But if you want something that you can travel with then those well be a terrible option for you as they are not designed to take a beating. Then i would got for a HD 380 which is more durable and a closed design.

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Well, I did forgot to mention that I am using it in public mostly at school and work but planned to carry them to other places like stores. :S

Wearing one of those headphone will make me look awkward especially at stores. :S

Personally i think having 2 pairs of headphones is ideal. One for home and one for going out and being active like in-ears. Leave the bigger headphones for the easy chair at home imo

those vmoda headphones are extremely small. They are excellent for wearing in public, main selling point.  

image-1407520193-techz-v-moda-crossfade-

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Depending on how much classical you listen to I would stay away from the Urbanites. The highs are rolled off and the bass is boosted, classical doesn't sound appropriate on them.

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

I can recommend the Beyerdynmaic Custome One Pro:

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/mobile-portable/custom-one-pro-plus-black.html

They have a quiet good sound isolation and sound very clean. They might be to basy for some people but I liked them since you can change the base response if you want and their base is tight not floppy.

Sure SE215 (or a more expensive model of that series - their isolation is all the same and there are great tips available) have pretty good passive isolation across all frequencies as well.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

those vmoda headphones are extremely small. They are excellent for wearing in public, main selling point.  

if you are buying v moda crossfade IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET THE EXTRA LARGE EARCUPS, MY EARS HURT SO FUCKING MUCH FROM LE SMALL stock one

The difference between LP and LP2 is better bass, ish other then that the LP has a hella lot of customizbiillity

m-100 is the best of both worlds dou

also the crossfades are kinda like a hybrid of open back and closed back, the grill on the side lets sound escape, but not too much so that it makes everyone hear it but for a more natrual sound

(i listen EDM onleh)

It really comes down to what you prefer, if you like listening to really bass heavy songs, aka Hard rap, dubstep, heavy metal and dont really care much about the mids (vocals) then something like the v-moda or the M40x. If you want a more balanced sound better for vocals, jazz, musicals, classicals. Then get something from sennheiser. 280 pro or 380 pros

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Guys who recommend openbacks should read or read this from OP

Well, the NVX XPT100 or M40X would be a good idea.

But if you don't mind going for in-ears, go for the Phillips Fidelio S1 or S2. They are pretty good and it seems like Philips can barely do no wrong with headphones/earphones, despite making underwhelming products like monitors, televisions, maybe even lightbulbs, I dunno what else Philips makes.

AMD VS Nvidia = A lost mail man that will do whatever it takes to give you your mail... despite being a few days late... and never realizing that the house that the mail is for was pretty much the first house he started from VS A well dressed, well groomed, well cleaned, and cologned-up donger that just wiggles itself and is the type of guy that makes after-parties a nightmare. Basically its: An idiot that tries VS a jerk that ruins every after-party. Pick your poison.

Guys who recommend openbacks should read or read this from OP

Well, the NVX XPT100 or M40X would be a good idea.

But if you don't mind going for in-ears, go for the Phillips Fidelio S1 or S2. They are pretty good and it seems like Philips can barely do no wrong with headphones/earphones, despite making underwhelming products like monitors, televisions, maybe even lightbulbs, I dunno what else Philips makes.

True, I could have gone for earbud, but I already have 2 earbuds. One is AmazonPremium Headphones (Earbuds) and another is Razer Hammerhead Pro. Both are great just that I want a new headphone to replace my old headphone that I somehow broke which it is "Diskin Bluetooth/Wireless On-Ear w/ ANC Headphone." Very interesting company that I gamble and great customer service, but they lacked control on headphone quality and crappy bluetooth range. 

Now, I am just looking for a replacement like I said. Something that durable, light, doesn't make me look too awkward while wearing in public, great for music and maybe foldable because I will be putting in my bag when I am not using. Headphone like Sennheiser HD 598 isn't foldable, so I don't even know where I will shove this headphone, lol.

I already have my lovely, Sennheiser HD 558 for my Desktop use, so I don't need another "Desktop headphone" use IMO. I did mention over-ear just smaller one like Bose SoundTrue Over-Ear which it looks small yet over-ear. 

I don't know. :S