Fury x or PSU making noise during load game or in...

crouchgod

So i expierenced some weird things with either the PSU or GPU, thought i think its probably the GPU.

Whenever i play squad and it loads in the game, during the load screen my fury x is sort of beeping until the load screen is over.. or starts beeping a bit into the loadscreen and then dissapears when its done loading.

I have 2 videos of the issue/sound.

heavy noise during battlefield 4.( noisewas alot softer on the video )

beeping sound while in squad loading screen. listen at second 8.( i kept hearing the beep sound until the loading was over, for some reason in the video it stopped here and there..)

The odd thing about these videos is. that they are very different from what i hear, and on the second video you can hear the buzzing/beeping sound for only a few seconds( i kept hearing it during load screen) which is a bit different from what i hear to be honest..

This only happend in squad currently.

It also made some heavy noise during battlefield 4 in-game.

No noise in other games. except for just cause 3 which did artiffact white and red, which is probably a driver issue.( had to downgrade to a lower version of CCC.) since it did not happen in all of the other games.

Ran Heaven benchmark with extreme preset, no artiffacts..

I was thinking about the PSU, but its a seasonic evo 850, so i doubt it is the PSU.

Also the the fury x rad is mounted at the bottem of my 760T case, its NOT mounted on the rear side, which was apparently recommended by AMD.

Thanks all.

Note, i also had a error when installing the latest crimson beta drivers,( might come in handy ) downgrading to lower version fixed this.

( did not happen in windows 8,1 )

SYSTEM SPECS.

5820K stock atm

Asus rampage v extreme 

H110i GTX TOP mounted

Seasonic m12ii-850 evo

16GB DDR4 GeiL Potenza

Sapphire fury x

760T case.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by Spotty
removed vid.me link

Coilwhine, It seems to be coming from your Fury X. Not fixable but returnable.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Coilwhine, It seems to be coming from your Fury X. Not fixable but returnable.

That sucks to hear.. i wasn't expecting anything else really.. ( except that i mounted the rad at the bottem of the case ) i highly doubt it was the psu.

Not sure if i should return it. 

If i return it and the new one still has coil whine it was pretty much pointless of returning it.

I hear nothing. Next time film without make so much noise.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I dont know if its just me, but I can barely hear anything in the videos.

From your description its likely coilwhine, which is a buzzing noise made by the power componentry on the card when under load. It is not harmful, and can decrease with time, but it is not readily fixable.

I also watched some videos from pcper that talked about the pump having some buzzing noise, and that may also be a part of the problem.

I could not find the pcper video on it, but I will link another video that demonstrates the noise:

https://youtu.be/Y__cwyoRrAw?t=1m41s

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Yes, sounds like coil whine to me as well, at least in the second video. There were a few complaints when the fury x released about this, AMD said they've fixed it. Sometimes GPUs express this sound when rendering at high FPS, you can check with FRAPS or steam/uplay fps overlay and see if the noise appears when your FPS is above 100.

Don't know if you can leave with it though, that's on you. I had a 290 making that noise when I was moving the mouse >insta return :).

i5 4440 || Prolimatech Lynx w/ Noiseblocker BlacksilentPRO PL-PS || GA-Z87MX-D3H || 16GB HyperX Red & Savage || Asus GTX 970 Turbo OC @ 1403/7600 || 840 & WD 1TB Blue || Samson SR850 & Samson SR950 & ATH-M50 Red & Cloud II + Fiio e7 + Xonar U7 || Razer Tournament Edition 2014 & Kana v2 || Seasonic G 450 >> Nanoxia DS4

I hear nothing. Next time film without make so much noise.

I can hear the sound at second 8, if not , turn up the volume to max. ( im wearing headphones.)

But i already mentioned the sound is very unclear on the video than it really was. 

I will record it again with sound recorder to see if it improves.

Yes, sounds like coil whine to me as well, at least in the second video. There were a few complaints when the fury x released about this, AMD said they've fixed it. Sometimes GPUs express this sound when rendering at high FPS, you can check with FRAPS or steam/uplay fps overlay and see if the noise appears when your FPS is above 100.

Don't know if you can leave with it though, that's on you. I had a 290 making that noise when I was moving the mouse >insta return :).

My fps is always 144 in battlefield 4, in squad it was below 100 and did not make this sound, so that might be true.

I dont know if its just me, but I can barely hear anything in the videos.

From your description its likely coilwhine, which is a buzzing noise made by the power componentry on the card when under load. It is not harmful, and can decrease with time, but it is not readily fixable.

I also watched some videos from pcper that talked about the pump having some buzzing noise, and that may also be a part of the problem.

I could not find the pcper video on it, but I will link another video that demonstrates the noise:

https://youtu.be/Y__cwyoRrAw?t=1m41s

Sorry for bad videos,i will try to record it with a sound recorder..

My fps is always 144 in battlefield 4, in squad it was below 100 and did not make this sound, so that might be true.

During loading the load on the GPU is very low and the FPS can be >>250. That's why you have massive coil whine. It may can be supressed if you use an FPS limiter / vsync.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil