BenQ XL2420Z issue?

Go to solution Solved by Falkentyne,

New to touch sensitive buttons, eh?
the power button is at the bottom right and it can be a bit hard to activate especially with cold hands in the winter.

Try using your thumb and rub t over the button.

It's right above the "3d" image at the bottom.

My button #4 wasn't the most reacting button on my XL2720Z when I first got it a year and a half ago but now reacts just fine, and it's nice to have buttons that you know won't suddenly stop working.

So, i recently purchased a BenQ XL2420Z monitor for myself for Christmas, however i cannot seem to get it to turn on. I've never had a 144hz monitor before, so i'm not sure if this can be setup with another monitor that is only 60hz.

The issue i'm having seems kind of strange; i plug the DVI cable into the monitor (the one that came with), then into my 970, turn on my computer and nothing. I get power to the monitor as the LED dimmer thingy lights up when i put my finger near or on it, however i have no option to change inputs or see anything on the screen. Tried with a display port cable, still nothing. I used the same cords on my ASUS monitor (60hz) that i'm using right now, and it works perfectly fine. I should mention that windows picks up the BenQ monitor in the NVIDIA control panel, but it is grayed out and crashes the driver when i try and setup the dual monitors.

There is a firmware update to V2 on their site for my monitor, however i have no idea how to install it, and if i do install it, will it fix my issue? Could it be a dead monitor even though power goes to it fine?

So confused, please help :(

Cheers!

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

the power button is at the bottom right and it can be a bit hard to activate especially with cold hands in the winter.

My button #4 wasn't the most reacting button on my XL2720Z when I first got it a year and a half ago but now reacts just fine, and it's nice to have buttons that you know won't suddenly stop working.

For the BenQ monitors, there will be NO input settings or gui when you have no input source.

Check that the cable you have plugged in is securely plugged and that the problem isn't with the monitor.

Also the v2 drivers is probably already installed since you bought the monitor this christmas.

The V2 firmware is for the low motion blur tuning, so that instead of on and off, there is percentage values under a third party app.

Interesting. I'll certainly have to try this out and get back to you. Apparently my father (who accepted the package while i was away at college) tested it with a DVI cable on his PC and worked no problem. Maybe the magic touch is required! haha

For the BenQ monitors, there will be NO input settings or gui when you have no input source.

Check that the cable you have plugged in is securely plugged and that the problem isn't with the monitor.

Also the v2 drivers is probably already installed since you bought the monitor this christmas.

The V2 firmware is for the low motion blur tuning, so that instead of on and off, there is percentage values under a third party app.

I've tried several cables, including different DVI cables (Dual link and not), as well as a displayport connector as well, all which work fine on my ASUS monitor i'm using now. As far as the firmware goes, that's good to hear that i don't need to install it lol.

I'll get back to @Falkentyne and @Xenift when i try a few more things tonight/tomorrow. Cheers guys!

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

@Falkentyne @Xenift Fixed the issue! As Falk said, the button was very hard to press, since not being used to the touch controls of BenQ, that's all that caused my stupidity :D

Cheers guys!

Game Dev | Pro Gamer