How do other people have their Windows 8 Menu set up?

shirokado

I'd like a screen shot of creative/organized windows 8 start screens.

Post pictures please.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Window 7  B)

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Window 7  B)

windows 7 may be familiar to everyone but windows 8 has a much better interface to use on a desktop, which is why i asked for setups people use, i orginized it to the point where windows 7 is long gone. but i wish to see how other people did theres as well. all the people who says windows 7 is better don't know how to think. they just look at modern UI and then ignore it or try to avoid it while using the OS, most people don't even try windows 8. A Custimized windows 8 Start Screen makes windows 8 superior in UI(windows 8 was already superior under the hood and speed) making windows 8 the completley better OS

of couse if you know anything about OS you should also know the hotkeys around windows 7 and windows 8, which makes windows 8 faster to get to everything. ANd windows 7 has nothing over windows 8.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

windows 7 may be familiar to everyone but windows 8 has a much better interface to use on a desktop, which is why i asked for setups people use, i orginized it to the point where windows 7 is long gone. but i wish to see how other people did theres as well. all the people who says windows 7 is better don't know how to think. they just look at modern UI and then ignore it or try to avoid it while using the OS, most people don't even try windows 8. A Custimized windows 8 Start Screen makes windows 8 superior in UI(windows 8 was already superior under the hood and speed) making windows 8 the completley better OS

still not going to windows 8 unless this http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48976-lenovo-windows-8-vote-of-no-confidence-by-bundling-start-menu/

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

then you're not a tech savy person. You are just a blind consumer. You might as well buy a mac.

then you're not a tech savy person. You are just a blind consumer. You might as well buy a mac.

school has me cover macbook for everyone

HAHA that is the greates come back to someone complaining about the lack of a start button I've heard yet.

I'll post my windows 8 menu. Very basic, haven't spent a lot of time on it but my desktop is clean and I can access all my games without having to open origin or steam and scroll through the list. It's all the applications I use 

1JciCUB.jpg

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

HAHA that is the greates come back to someone complaining about the lack of a start button I've heard yet.

I'll post my windows 8 menu. Very basic, haven't spent a lot of time on it but my desktop is clean and I can access all my games without having to open origin or steam and scroll through the list. It's all the applications I use 

1JciCUB.jpg

You managed to get GTA4 working in windows 8?

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

You managed to get GTA4 working in windows 8?

Yep, runs like shit but it works. Haven't spent to much time with mods yet way to many games to play still, but most seem to work. Some of the car mods break the game.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd